What stage are you at?

Options
alliooops
alliooops Posts: 87 Member
Hi everyone
Thank you for starting the group. I've just done w2 and am about to start w3.

I'm excited to be starting this. I've usually got stuck doing 3k and then something knocks me off track and I never quite get beyond that point. I'm hoping that by doing it this way I can build up my distance without it being too scary. I am doing mine on the treadmill. I live in a country area and running at night isn't an option.

Good luck everyone
Alli

Replies

• Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for starting the group! I just ran Week 5, Run 1 this morning and it was tough for me. I had to really push myself to finish the last 5 min run. I'm terrified of the nest 2 runs!!
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started this summer, but then got off track. I am now starting from Day 1 again and hopefully will be able to stick with it. My problem is endurance - I don't seem to have it! :laugh: I'm also using a treadmill. I find running outside to be even harder.
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    Hello,
    I have run many 5ks, 10ks, a few half and full marathons, but that was a long time and three accidents ago. Now, I walk but my last 5k was in 2010 and my time walking was 60 minutes. I want to walk a 5 k in 45 - 48 minutes. I'm sure that as my weight drops I will automatically jog some of the way without even thinking.
  • Jennifer7Five
    Jennifer7Five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished W2D3 and I'll start Wk 3 on Monday. I also run mostly on the treadmill for now. I successfully finished C25K once before, but that was 4 years and 2 babies ago. :) Here's to getting all the way through this round!
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just finished Week Seven. I run on a treadmill at the moment but hope to do some outside running soon.

I have run 5K twice on the treadmill but I am very slow (49 minutes with lots of walking) but hope to get faster. LOL, I couldn't get much slower really. But I am going faster than everyone sat on their sofa's and that is good enough for me :)
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i have completed week 1 but i wanna throw in an extra run before i start week 2 tomorrow, the only problem is i've been having a bit of trouble with my knee and don't know if i should run and possibly aggravate it. Any suggestions?
  • HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello! I will be starting week 2 on Tuesday. I live in the south of the US so I'm blessed to be able to run outside still! It was 33*F the last day I ran, and I almost chickened out, but I'm so glad I didn't! My body warmed up soon enough. :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i have completed week 1 but i wanna throw in an extra run before i start week 2 tomorrow, the only problem is i've been having a bit of trouble with my knee and don't know if i should run and possibly aggravate it. Any suggestions?

Listen to your body, I had a slight twinge in my knee and did think maybe at my weight I should not be running and pounding my ankles, knees and hips ..................it did turn out to be nothing major so I carried on with my C25K training.
    If your knee is hurting take a few days off and rest it, maybe if needed anti inflammatory tablets? May be its worth having it checked out by your Doctor ?
  • meex
    Options
    i laid off today (not by choice-family being un cooperative) and it's feeling much better. Back to it all tomorrow
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Starting week one tomorrow :)
    Wish me luck
  • meex
    Options
    starting week 2 tonight...eep
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    seeng as we arall in a similar boat, feel free to add me!
    Starting stage 1 tonight.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Did W2D2 yesterday on treadmill really struggled with the last run, I did think my legs were going to collapse when the voice on my app said "well done you can slow down now" :smile:
  • dirtydirtydiana
    Options
    starting week 2 tonight...eep

Check your form, too. Bad form can easily give you a knee injury (among others) in my experience.
  • dirtydirtydiana
    Options
    I'm only on Week 1; today was my second "run". I also run on a treadmill, but that's because there really is no place for us (females) to run here in Jeddah. Once a week, my friends and I get together and run inside a compound, so there's that. :D
  • alliooops
    Options
    Did W3D1 today and felt like quite a step up. 3 minute runs were difficult but I did manage it. I am only managing under 3k in the 30 mins at the moment and thought that this run might step up the distance but it didn't. I'm hoping D2 will feel a bit easier.
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Doing Day 2 of Week 1 tonight. I'm using an iphone app, and boy do I love to hear the words, "walk now." Whew. Running is hard!!
  • Jennifer7Five
    Jennifer7Five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start W3 today, but I've caught a nasty cold so I am resting instead. Hoping to catch up tomorrow.
    Do you run when you are sick?
  • alliooops
    Options
    I was supposed to start W3 today, but I've caught a nasty cold so I am resting instead. Hoping to catch up tomorrow.
    Do you run when you are sick?

No I wouldn't think so - you need to listen to your body. Better to rest and then get back into it gently. Hope you are feeling better soon x
  • sns101098
    Options
    Completed W3D2 today. I've completed all stages twice before and then just stopped running. This time I plan on keeping it up!