I want to quit

Options
mommajdawg
mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
New to this group! Was thankful to find it and it is a start , I smoke and want to stop that is all I have to say right now I have read your stories and gives me hope! Thank You I have to make a plan and then do it

Replies

• Rain_Howard
    Options
    If you want to do it you will. You can.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my quit date so if you really want to quit, you can quit with me. :tongue:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    New to this group! Was thankful to find it and it is a start , I smoke and want to stop that is all I have to say right now I have read your stories and gives me hope! Thank You I have to make a plan and then do it

Congrats! You got this!
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

One thing I have learned the past few months we can do anything we set our mind to. You Have to want to quit to do it.
    start by not smoking at your normal times. Like after you eat don't light up. if you drink coffee don't smoke with your coffee.
    Don't smoke in your car, go out side when you smoke.Drink tons of water. Find something to do with your hands. Clean, Knit anything. the craving only last a few seconds at a time.Set a date and stick to it. We are here if you make that leap. Good luck!
  • mommajdawg
    mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank You ! I def want to quit ! have to pick my day and do it!
  • Lets_get_going
    Lets_get_going Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped smoking yet. But all previous smokers who have quit told me, the worst way is to do the whole, "ok I'll smoke less each day and eventually stop". They all recommend to just pick a day and cut off cigarettes completely!

I have tried recently to just do lower my number of cigarettes daily it worked for about 3 days and the 4th day I was back to my pack a day ritual. So once I make up my mind to finally do this, I think it will be just throwing them away completely and working forward from that.

Good luck to all who are trying to quit! :)