Welcome!

Options

Replies

• FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Salem! I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's fondness for the state, I'm from California we moved here for my husband's job! I'm hoping to meet some people in the area that would like to meet for runs/hikes/walks.........working out alone is not very motivating!!!

I'M ORIGINALLY FROM CALI!!

I was a kid when we moved here, but have always kept Cali in my heart.

I also used to live in Monmouth (right outside of Salem), and was not fond of Salem. I'm honestly not that fond of the valley in general, but I'm stuck here for the time being so complaining will get me nowhere. I prefer central or southern Oregon.

where in Cali are you from? My parents moved me from Chico when I was 16, I graduated in Coos Bay, as soon as I turned 18 I went to Texas for college, then moved to Sacramento, then Monterey for work. I met my husband in Cali and he ironically got transferred here about 6 years ago, we've lived in Albany, Roseburg, Medford, and now Salem! Roseburg was my least fave, with Salem right behind!!! Unfortunately for me.....hubby has reached the pinnacle of his career here and he will probably be here until he retires. I miss Cali so much, but for us to both have great jobs this day and age I can't complain too much!!!

Bay area. I was born in San Jose area, lived in Menlo Park till I was seven, then moved to Portland. My dad still lives in San Jose, and my Gramma in Menlo Park, so I visit a few times a year.
    In Oregon, I've lived in Portland, Monmouth, and Albany. My boyfriend's from the Coos Bay area! Well, Myrtle Point to be exact, but most people don't know where that is.
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Salem! I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's fondness for the state, I'm from California we moved here for my husband's job! I'm hoping to meet some people in the area that would like to meet for runs/hikes/walks.........working out alone is not very motivating!!!

I also used to live in Monmouth (right outside of Salem), and was not fond of Salem. I'm honestly not that fond of the valley in general, but I'm stuck here for the time being so complaining will get me nowhere. I prefer central or southern Oregon.

where in Cali are you from? My parents moved me from Chico when I was 16, I graduated in Coos Bay, as soon as I turned 18 I went to Texas for college, then moved to Sacramento, then Monterey for work. I met my husband in Cali and he ironically got transferred here about 6 years ago, we've lived in Albany, Roseburg, Medford, and now Salem! Roseburg was my least fave, with Salem right behind!!! Unfortunately for me.....hubby has reached the pinnacle of his career here and he will probably be here until he retires. I miss Cali so much, but for us to both have great jobs this day and age I can't complain too much!!!

Bay area. I was born in San Jose area, lived in Menlo Park till I was seven, then moved to Portland. My dad still lives in San Jose, and my Gramma in Menlo Park, so I visit a few times a year.
    In Oregon, I've lived in Portland, Monmouth, and Albany. My boyfriend's from the Coos Bay area! Well, Myrtle Point to be exact, but most people don't know where that is.

I am originally from California as well. I was born and raised in Gilroy. I moved up to Florence about 10 years ago, and I haven't regretted it one bit. I love it here.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm from Beaverton (PDX area), but went to Oregon State (Corvallis, duh) for school! :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

I lived in myrtle point for a year!!! How old is your bf? where did he go to school? this is so weird =P
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Lake Oswego here (Portland Burb)
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options

I lived in myrtle point for a year!!! How old is your bf? where did he go to school? this is so weird =P

This IS weird! He's 28, went to Myrtle Point High School, graduated...2001 or 2002 I can't remember.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Beaverton Here. Born in Midland,TX, 3yrs in Fort Worth, grew up in Houston and moved to Aberdeen WA. Don't recommend that move! Lived in Vancouver, WA, Longview WA and Ranier Or. Been here in Beaverton since 99.
  • Jennloella
    Options

This IS weird! He's 28, went to Myrtle Point High School, graduated...2001 or 2002 I can't remember.

he's a few years younger than me, but I'd lay money down that we know a lot of the same families/people!!! small world sometimes!
  • Jennloella
    Options
    Beaverton Here. Born in Midland,TX, 3yrs in Fort Worth, grew up in Houston and moved to Aberdeen WA. Don't recommend that move! Lived in Vancouver, WA, Longview WA and Ranier Or. Been here in Beaverton since 99.

I went to college in Texas, I was a Bud girl at some of the rodeos at cow town, oh boooy I loved Texas so much and if it weren't for family in Cali I would have stayed when I was done with school!
  • sweethinkr
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am in Klamath Falls, born and raised. Hope to get to know you all!
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Hey everybody! I'm from Beaverton (PDX area), but went to Oregon State (Corvallis, duh) for school! :)

Welcome!!!
  • mikajoanow
    Options

Glad to have you here!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am in Klamath Falls, born and raised. Hope to get to know you all!

Great!! Glad you're here!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Milwaukie
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I am originally from California too! Northern part; Sacramento. Though I haven't lived there in years. I just moved here to coastal Oregon (Neskowin....near Lincoln City/Pacific City/Cloverdale area) last month from North Carolina. My husband is military and deployed to Korea. Due to some health issues we needed to be near family so I am stuck here til he get back next fall and we go up North to Fort Lewis, Washington. I am SOOOOO not digging Oregon yet :-( It's probably just that I am freezing, wet and lonely but still yea not digging it!
  • mikajoanow
    Options

Hey all, Lake Oswego here (Portland Burb)

I think I missed you, welcome to the group!!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    I am originally from California too! Northern part; Sacramento. Though I haven't lived there in years. I just moved here to coastal Oregon (Neskowin....near Lincoln City/Pacific City/Cloverdale area) last month from North Carolina. My husband is military and deployed to Korea. Due to some health issues we needed to be near family so I am stuck here til he get back next fall and we go up North to Fort Lewis, Washington. I am SOOOOO not digging Oregon yet :-( It's probably just that I am freezing, wet and lonely but still yea not digging it!
    The first winter in Oregon (or Washington) can be tough. My first was really hard, I was in Seattle though at the time. It's so dark and dreary if you're not used to it. It probably doesn't help that you're missing your hubby. I hope you start feeling more like yourself. *hugs*
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Milwaukie

Welcome!!
  • jacobhammond
    Options
    What's up? Jacob here. Holding it down in Medford but grew up in Humboldt CA and have lived in Portland (as well as Houston, Chicago and Lakeview, OR).

I'm a fan of hiking, mountain/road biking, running and generally living healthy. Working on losing some extra weight and stepping it up this winter to do so.
  • ready2losenow4me
    ready2losenow4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Livin' in Tigard (SW Portland burb) x 1 year now. Don't mind the rain, but love the sun (originally from the Southwest-have moved back and forth between Portland area and Southwest in recent years.) The best advice I received about adjusting to the rain was from my fiance' (now husband of 15 years!): If you have something that needs doing outside and it's raining, just go do it anyway - don't let it stop you.

Found Groups yesterday and decided to join y'all.