Week 4

I've noticed there's some people jogging towards WK4 and agree it'd be good to have a "Weekly" thread so here it is! :wink:

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    yeah I'm starting week 4 tomorrow! See you guys thre
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Hello week 4...I am afraid I won't get to tackle you until Wednesday. Tomorrow rest day, Tues weights unless something changes!! Good luck everyone!
  • tameko2
    Ok finished Day 1! It wasn't bad - I mean it was but rememebr day 1 of week 3, where the first 90 second run you were like "oh wow was that all? That was easy!" and then the second long run you were like "oh god why is this happening to me"?

It was pretty much like that. First 3 minutes was pretty good - we don't warm up enough though (or I don't anyway, I need to stretch more I guess), the first 5 minutes was a little tough towards the end but I made it no problem, the second 3 minute run was painful, and the last run I had to pep talk myself through the last 3 minutes of it but the endorphins kicked in and my calves stopped hurting so I made it.
  • gettingfit65
    Ok finished Day 1! It wasn't bad - I mean it was but rememebr day 1 of week 3, where the first 90 second run you were like "oh wow was that all? That was easy!" and then the second long run you were like "oh god why is this happening to me"?

It was pretty much like that. First 3 minutes was pretty good - we don't warm up enough though (or I don't anyway, I need to stretch more I guess), the first 5 minutes was a little tough towards the end but I made it no problem, the second 3 minute run was painful, and the last run I had to pep talk myself through the last 3 minutes of it but the endorphins kicked in and my calves stopped hurting so I made it.

Way to go!!!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    I completed w4d2 today. Loved it! Lol I did much better today then I did the first day. I think my mind wasn't in it the first time. I rsn for extra 30 minutes after. (walk run) and I think I did much better without Gary talking to me. (yes i named the automated voice thing, I like to curse him towards the end) when I wasn't doing c25k I found I concentrated more on running, instead of omg 5 minutes, omg 3 more minutes, even tho I try not to think about it, I do. Tomorrow I'm gonna go without the c25k app, and just run. See how it goes.
  • tameko2
    I completed w4d2 today. Loved it! Lol I did much better today then I did the first day. I think my mind wasn't in it the first time. I rsn for extra 30 minutes after. (walk run) and I think I did much better without Gary talking to me. (yes i named the automated voice thing, I like to curse him towards the end) when I wasn't doing c25k I found I concentrated more on running, instead of omg 5 minutes, omg 3 more minutes, even tho I try not to think about it, I do. Tomorrow I'm gonna go without the c25k app, and just run. See how it goes.

Let us know.

when I run without the voice I don't spend as long - that last 30 seconds is always really tough and I have to really push it and ifI didn't have the app I would probably stop before the time was up.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    I did W4D1 yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but that last run was a challenge for sure. I really had to push through to get 5 minutes. I haven't downloaded the app, it sounds like it might be a good thing to try.
  • tameko2
    I just did day 2 - sort of. Before we left we called the local pizza place (sigh, I really don't want pizza anyway) and asked if we could place an order to be delivered later -they said "sure, it'll be about an hour" and we said "great, we won't be home for about an hour so that works out perfectly".

15 minutes into our run they call us and my IDIOT of a boyfriend STOPS the program, ANSWERS it, and finds out they're standing on our doorstep. So he tells them there's no way we can be home in less than 10 minutes - I was like "hello, there si no way we can be home in 15 minutes because we're going to finsih this program" and he refused so I had to kind of time it on my own and I'm not the best at that.

Very irritated because in my opinion, service people are providing a service. If they mess up providing that, you don't apologize to THEM and rush home, you say "sorry but you are 40 minutes early, please go remake it and bring it when its finished."

So now i'm eating over cooked reheated pizza and I didn't even get in a good run.
  • gettingfit65
    I just did day 2 - sort of. Before we left we called the local pizza place (sigh, I really don't want pizza anyway) and asked if we could place an order to be delivered later -they said "sure, it'll be about an hour" and we said "great, we won't be home for about an hour so that works out perfectly".

15 minutes into our run they call us and my IDIOT of a boyfriend STOPS the program, ANSWERS it, and finds out they're standing on our doorstep. So he tells them there's no way we can be home in less than 10 minutes - I was like "hello, there si no way we can be home in 15 minutes because we're going to finsih this program" and he refused so I had to kind of time it on my own and I'm not the best at that.

Very irritated because in my opinion, service people are providing a service. If they mess up providing that, you don't apologize to THEM and rush home, you say "sorry but you are 40 minutes early, please go remake it and bring it when its finished."

So now i'm eating over cooked reheated pizza and I didn't even get in a good run.

aw sh*tty hate when that happens
  • gettingfit65
    Hoping to do day 1 of week 4 tomorrow night, but I am supposed to go to aerobics, see how it goes. I have had a mixed up work schedule this week. Good luck everyone.
  • tameko2
    Hoping to do day 1 of week 4 tomorrow night, but I am supposed to go to aerobics, see how it goes. I have had a mixed up work schedule this week. Good luck everyone.

I'm going to do another day of week 4 with my bf since he didn't finish running yesterday so we won't be far ahead of you anymore. As long as you get that run in today anyway
  • Summerleahd
    Went running without the program today. and did pretty good i think. it was also raining. so i really enjoyed my run. But then it started pouring so hard i couldnt see in front of me, so i decided to head in. I was also running trails and they started to get flooded. So i didnt get as much time as i would of liked. Next time it rains ill stick to pavement. Im also gonna stick with the program for a couple more weeks. And try not to worry about the time. Might as well stick with it since I started. When I was running without it I was going for as long as i could, so I dont really know how much time or how far I was going

Hope everyone else is doing well!!
  • gettingfit65
    well I managed to do Wk 4 Day 1 tonight even tho I was beat. I had a brutally bad food day today so I am glad I accomplished that at least.
  • gettingfit65

I'm going to do another day of week 4 with my bf since he didn't finish running yesterday so we won't be far ahead of you anymore. As long as you get that run in today anyway

Thanks Tameko, I did get it done phew...
  • tameko2
    What up week 4s, I just finished Day 2 (3) -- got another day of week 4 but it will be like my 3.5 day since I mostly did our day 2. Just rerunning it with my bf.
  • Summerleahd
    w4d3 today! I did go running without the program on wednesday. And i did fairly well. But it was raining..which was fine. and then it started pouring and i couldnt see in front of me, and the trail I was on started flooding. So i cut it short and went home. I think ill stick with the program, and do a "free" run once a week if I can fit it in. I have to work around my boyfriends work schedule so he can watch the kids.
  • gettingfit65
    Finished day 2 today and I have to say it actually felt nice to run. It sure helps me when I throw my towel on the time and just listen to the song...
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Hellooooooooo W4! I just did my last W3 run today and will be starting W4 on Wednesday. Doing some leg weights at the gym tomorrow and Tuesday will be cardio, cardio, cardio.
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    finished w4d1, I can't believe I am on week 4. :)
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    finished w4d1, I can't believe I am on week 4. :)

Well done! How did you find it to be?