This is a new week!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Glad to see it looks like everyone is having a pretty good week so far! I am also doing pretty well, had a little bit of a stress eating mishap last night but not too bad.

Mollie, I like the idea of talking to your ED (mentioned in another thread as well). I have not tried the third person approach and I think I will give that a go next time.

Congrats on keeping under control!! That is awesome! I like the idea of talking to our ED, I need to try that as well! Have a good rest of your week!!

Crystal
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    I am having a pretty good week so far. I am off work today and really talking to my ED. I am not going to let it control me. I am stronger than it. So far no binging and I have to go out this evening so that will help me today. Hope you all are having a good day today.

Yea! That is awesome! Glad you are doing so well, it seems like you are in a good place right now! Hope you have a great day!!

Crystal
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday, there is way to much drama going on in my life right now, I am just trying to hang in there. I am going to start treating my disorder as a third person, maybe that will help, I hate being an emotional eater!
    Thanks Dana for starting this group, it helps being able to vent and having the support from those who know what I am going through!
    ((HUGS)) to all and I hope each of you have a great day!! :smile:

Crystal
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday too. I was off work but when I am at home around the house it is very hard not to graze or snack. I did not do too bad but still what I claim a binge day. My ED program has us classifying any eating that we consider uncontrolled eating as a binge. So I was definitely out of control yesterday.

Today is another day!

Hugs :heart: :heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello my name is Richie and I am a binge eater. .....Since joning mfp I am doing better. I still stumble but it seems like my binges don't last as long and I have lost weight. I thank you Mollie for asking me to join this thread. Richie

Welcome Richie!
  • SanFranRunner
    Options
    Mollie and Crystal - I'm so sorry to hear you both had bad days yesterday. One thing I'm thinking of trying is to log in here and post the next time I feel a binge coming on. Maybe you could try that next time? I'm thinking the distraction and pausing to really think about what I'm doing might help me resist the urge. Hugs to both of you!
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Mollie and Crystal - I'm so sorry to hear you both had bad days yesterday. One thing I'm thinking of trying is to log in here and post the next time I feel a binge coming on. Maybe you could try that next time? I'm thinking the distraction and pausing to really think about what I'm doing might help me resist the urge. Hugs to both of you!

Thank you and that is a good idea, I have got to get some control because I feel so out of control!! :grumble:

Crystal
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You knowweekends are my worse time. I think I will leave the computer on and try it too. Hope it will help. Getting ready for the family and making all their favorites adds to the problem. In the past when I have finished a big cooking project, I just eat......to reward myself......such stinkin thinkin. :explode: I will stop, and chat with you guys first . Hugs Richie
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Boy I was just thinking the same thing this morning about getting ready for the holiday! This next week is going to be a tough one. Overall my week has gone well, but weekends tend to be my downfall also so I'll be in here too.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well yesterday I did recover and today I am off work again, so I am planning better today. I agree with all comments on weekends. My weekends start Friday evening so I am preparing for no binges starting tonight.

Have a good weekend!
  • richardsrm
    Options
    :flowerforyou: morning guys, keeping the computer on today. Know I will need it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    :flowerforyou: morning guys, keeping the computer on today. Know I will need it.

How did it go this weekend for your Richie?
  • richardsrm
    Options
    honestly............not so good, I didn't sit down and binge full tilt but I ate before while and after I cooked. ate left overs oreo's just pure junk, Of course my body is screaming right now.........you know the drill...........anyhow am drinking a ton of water and hoping to flush out some of the crap. I hate it when this happens even when I resolved not to let it happen.......tomorrow....
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    honestly............not so good, I didn't sit down and binge full tilt but I ate before while and after I cooked. ate left overs oreo's just pure junk, Of course my body is screaming right now.........you know the drill...........anyhow am drinking a ton of water and hoping to flush out some of the crap. I hate it when this happens even when I resolved not to let it happen.......tomorrow....

yes tomorrow is another day :flowerforyou:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well after two good weeks, I had a binge last night. Fortunately I didn't eat anything too bad, but I sure did eat a lot of it. I've got some food baby action going today with one very big and bloated belly and my tummy has been rumbling in outrage all night. Richie, I will be joining you with trying to flush out the system today! It amazes me how I used to eat like this so often and didn't notice how bad I felt after, I guess I must have been used to it.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    I know what you mean. Really just need to get all this holiday junk out of my house....Leave tomorrow and will prepare the feast at my son's , I'll be busy all day with tons of food around.....I won't binge and it won't occur to me.....I think it is the alone time especially if the TV is on. two triggers....evenings are the toughest. Richie