Welcome

Options
Hi there. This group is for people doing C25K, or those who have already graduated from the program that wish to focus their sights a little bit further. Please introduce yourself here, and join the December challenge if you're ready!

Russell

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm not from the UK (although I did live in London for a few years), but I'm just getting ready to start Bridge to 10K and I'd love to join up with others doing the same. :)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm not from the UK (although I did live in London for a few years), but I'm just getting ready to start Bridge to 10K and I'd love to join up with others doing the same. :)
    Welcome Fergus!
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well, I won't be actually running with you, but let's give this a shot!
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have just graduated from the C25K and have done a Parkrun since. My time was 34.01. I am hoping to get this time to under 30 minutes and then I'm aiming for Bridge to 10K training! Can anyone recommend a site that explains the programme's steps? I can't seem to find a good one.
    I am in Bedfordshire, by the way!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 BT10K..I'm in the US..
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 BT10K..I'm in the US..

That's okay, I'm in the US also.

Noticed your name, my older brother is a Naval Officer out in San Diego on the USS Stockdale
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm finishing week 4 of Bridge to 10K tomorrow - I did couch to 5K this summer and have started doing parkrun regularly up in the NW. I've registered for a local 10K in February!
    I am hoping to get this time to under 30 minutes and then I'm aiming for Bridge to 10K training!

I've found that running for longer (even with the minute-long walk breaks in Bridge to 10K) has really helped with my stamina and I find it much easier to keep a consistent pace and manage hills. I'm not fast, but I've taken 2 minutes off my 5K time in the last month.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Hi
    I have just graduated from the C25K and have done a Parkrun since. My time was 34.01. I am hoping to get this time to under 30 minutes and then I'm aiming for Bridge to 10K training! Can anyone recommend a site that explains the programme's steps? I can't seem to find a good one.
    I am in Bedfordshire, by the way!
    Amber posted these in another thread.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Hi all, I'm finishing week 4 of Bridge to 10K tomorrow - I did couch to 5K this summer and have started doing parkrun regularly up in the NW. I've registered for a local 10K in February!
    I am hoping to get this time to under 30 minutes and then I'm aiming for Bridge to 10K training!

I've found that running for longer (even with the minute-long walk breaks in Bridge to 10K) has really helped with my stamina and I find it much easier to keep a consistent pace and manage hills. I'm not fast, but I've taken 2 minutes off my 5K time in the last month.
    Hmmm, if that's the case I might have to step up sooner than I planned. I thought running 5Ks the last three weeks of C25K would be the best approach, but maybe not. Thoughts anyone?
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Hello group of people,

I'm just into W3 (just did D1) of the B210K. Using the not in the least bit scientific method of plotting my route on Google Maps I just managed to do 9k (9.33 rounded down for caution). Sometimes it goes well, I suppose- but most of the time I do this amusing flailing and huffing thing that doesn't really look all that much like running and barely propels me, but I do it for the allotted time nonetheless.

I regard running as one might regard a strong medicine. I endure, I do not enjoy- and I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims to find otherwise.

If anyone cares to befriend a generally curmudgeonly Welshman with an unhealthy passion for Prog Rock, do feel free.
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello group of people,

I'm just into W3 (just did D1) of the B210K. Using the not in the least bit scientific method of plotting my route on Google Maps I just managed to do 9k (9.33 rounded down for caution). Sometimes it goes well, I suppose- but most of the time I do this amusing flailing and huffing thing that doesn't really look all that much like running and barely propels me, but I do it for the allotted time nonetheless.

I regard running as one might regard a strong medicine. I endure, I do not enjoy- and I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims to find otherwise.

If anyone cares to befriend a generally curmudgeonly Welshman with an unhealthy passion for Prog Rock, do feel free.

I love to run. But I have been struck by lightening, so maybe my brain is broken.
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Slightly apprehensive - tomorrow is W5D3 - 2 30-minute runs with a minute walk in between! Will let you know how it goes - assuming I survive!

PB on today's parkrun though so at least I'll die happy :happy:
  • flabulous4
    Options
    W5D3 DONE! And I actually enjoyed it. Distance covered (including 5 min warm up and cool down walks): 6.91 miles!
    Now for the 60 minute runs next week!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! My name is Jessie and I am a C25K graduate. I finished my second 5K (Turkey Trot!!), yesterday!! I will be starting B210K tomorrow and am super excited!! The only thing that I am dreading is having to switch over to the treadmill. I live in Upstate NY and that pesky winter weather is bound to start soon!
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    W5D3 DONE! And I actually enjoyed it. Distance covered (including 5 min warm up and cool down walks): 6.91 miles!
    Now for the 60 minute runs next week!

Woo hoo, way to go - I can't wait to get there!!! that's just over 11Km - rockin'
  • flabulous4
    Options
    It was great, you will love it (this is from some who started Couch 25K in June) - Can't wait until you guys start and get into Bridge to 10K, it is so rewarding!
    (That said I will have to do some runs on the treadmill during the working week grrr)
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I am IN!!
    Good to see some familiar faces ...

Hope we can all encourage and support one another.
    Friend me if you haven't already!!

Keep pushing forward...
  • aimsterct
    aimsterct Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure I am ready for Bridge 2 10K but it feels like the natural next step.

I graduated the C25K two weeks ago and ran my first 5K a few days after graduation. It was hard! And I am still very slow.

I keep running runs close to the 5K distance and for some reason they never seem to get faster or easier. It still feels hard and I still think I am not seeing the progress I'd like. This is why I am not sure I'm ready for B210K....but then maybe it will help me with my speed and endurance just the same? Either way I thought I'd hop into this group.

Cheers.
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Week 6 day 1...it was on the treadmill and I prefer outside...the gym was roasting hot...but I got through the 60 minute run! Can't get my pic to post but 10.26K (would have been faster outside). I'm just relieved I made it to the end!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I'm not quite sure I am ready for Bridge 2 10K but it feels like the natural next step.

I graduated the C25K two weeks ago and ran my first 5K a few days after graduation. It was hard! And I am still very slow.

I keep running runs close to the 5K distance and for some reason they never seem to get faster or easier. It still feels hard and I still think I am not seeing the progress I'd like. This is why I am not sure I'm ready for B210K....but then maybe it will help me with my speed and endurance just the same? Either way I thought I'd hop into this group.

Cheers.

Aimsterct - Congrats on graduating C25K and running your first 5K.
    That is really something to be happy about.
    My daughter & I walked our first 5K in Sept. and we came in 3rd in our respective age categories...BONUS! We were thrilled and it helped motivate us to do C25K.
    We are finishing the C25K program next week.
    That will be a big success for us too.
    We are a little apprehensive about starting the Bridge to 10K program b/c we aren't so much into the times as we are going the distance.

Friend me if you like and we can support and encourage one another.