Lets get to know eachother!

Options
2»

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    You all are so young, that's a compliment by the way. I'm 56, married, and wanting to get me and my hubby thin and healthy. I read your stories and wish there had been an internet to speak of when I was your age, MFP is the best.

I'll say the same thing about the life shift it requires to get the weight off and keep it gone forever that I say to students at the U where I work about their education, do it while you are young. I went back to school at 40 and over a 10 year period earned a Masters Degree in Marine Biology. That was a lot of work and much harder at 40 than 20, and I suspect losing 60 lbs at my age is going to be that kind of work over the next year :smile:

I'll be on every day and look forward to seeing and reading what you all have to say about the weight loss journey.
    Reasons to get light
    Grandkids (3)
    Kids (4)
    wanting another 40 years with my hubby
    feeling really good when I look in a mirror
    Looking good on my Harley :tongue:
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You all are so young, that's a compliment by the way. I'm 56, married, and wanting to get me and my hubby thin and healthy. I read your stories and wish there had been an internet to speak of when I was your age, MFP is the best.

I'll say the same thing about the life shift it requires to get the weight off and keep it gone forever that I say to students at the U where I work about their education, do it while you are young. I went back to school at 40 and over a 10 year period earned a Masters Degree in Marine Biology. That was a lot of work and much harder at 40 than 20, and I suspect losing 60 lbs at my age is going to be that kind of work over the next year :smile:

I'll be on every day and look forward to seeing and reading what you all have to say about the weight loss journey.
    Reasons to get light
    Grandkids (3)
    Kids (4)
    wanting another 40 years with my hubby
    feeling really good when I look in a mirror
    Looking good on my Harley :tongue:

Good for you for going back to school!! Glad to have you in the group :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Name's Soba. 20. I literally have to lose half of myself.
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Name's Soba. 20. I literally have to lose half of myself.
    me too pretty much :S
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the support and friends I will make in the group. It is a journey and I hope you all will be there with me!

OH and I'm originally from Wisconsin moved to Indiana a year ago. I like scrapbooking/card making, reading, cooking, baking, and gardening. (No Kids)

Love to scrapbook. In the last two years I've gone digital, but still hang out with traditional scrapbook friends. They love me, I take up less room. :)
  • myliljunebugs
    myliljunebugs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Jessica, I am 31 years old and I have a 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl. I am divorced, and am homeschooling both of my kiddos. I have recently moved to live with my mom out in the country because I started having seizures and could no longer drive. I have been heavy off and on since I turned 11 years old. I spent most of my middle school and high school years in the 160's bumping to about 180 when I was in my sophomore year. I lost down to about 145 over the summer by working and not allowing myself soda or fried foods. I doubt it will be that easy this time around ;)

I currently weigh about 295 (I don't own a scale yet) so I also literally need to lose half myself. My first mini goal is to get down to a size 16 by my birthday, no clue on weight. So that gives me 4 months (ish). I will hopefully be ordering a scale next week so that I can participate in weekly weigh ins. :)
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm Alicia, 27. I live in North Pole, Alaska, just moved here in September all the way from San Antonio Texas!!! I have two beautiful daughters, 3 and 1, and have been married for 4 years. I am a stay at home mom, but have an at home daycare. I love to sing, and I love love love to teach. (And right now a goood long walk on the beach would be A-mazing because it is like -30 and dropping....)

I've struggled with my weight all my life. I'm 5'11'', and my ideal weight is about 175. I was about 200 lbs in middle school, reached 260 or so by senior year of high school, lost about 40 lbs freshman year of college, then had to leave school first semester of my senior year in college due to heavy depression. After I came back home, I quickly gained all of my weight back and then some, and was 260 when I met my husband. A year later, I had my daughter and was up to 330. Lost about 40 after having her, then went up to 340 by the end of my pregnancy with my youngest. So obviously it's just been a roller coaster of weight fluctuation and I am soooo ready to get off this ride.

I am definitely starting this with a completely different outlook. It's a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, and I think I'm finally accepting that it may take a year or more to reach my goal weight. I am still young, and realize that as long as I lose it and then keep it off, I will finally be free from this mess of fat that I feel like I've been drowning in for awhile now.
  • chipmunk70
    chipmunk70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Cath and I'm 41 years old and live in the UK. I work nights in a residential special needs school, back in February got promotion to assistant team manager which means quite a bit of walking around on nights I'm running shift normally 2 out of every 4 shifts.

I started this weight loss journey in June 2010 weighing in at 319 lbs.
    As of today (Sunday 20th October 2011) I'm weighing in at 222 lbs.

So have lost 97 lbs so far.

Want to lose another 26 lbs and will then take it from there.

Cath