Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have 1 OWL and 7 NEWTS this week. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and let you know if I've lost.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with numbers. Hope everyone had a great week!!

Lost 3 pounds. Weighed 180.2 this morning. 7 Owls and 7 Newts Luckily all the different plank exercises are part of my calisthenics core workout I do every other day. 1162 Exercise minutes for 13153 calories burned.

Troy
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    7 OWLS and NEWTS for me too -- Josie I had a hard time getting up out of the plank the way I *think* it wanted me to so I just did my best - I mean even if you aren't doing it perfectly (as long as you aren't doing it in a way that you are hurting yourself) the fact that you did SOME kind of body movement for 15 minutes is better than not having done it, so in my mind it counts.

I have lost.... ZERO pounds! This is week 2 of that nonsense so hopefully I see a bit of a dip next week - but I have improved my body composition over the last 2 months by 2-3%! (Yay) -- I basically lost about 6 pounds in the last 8 weeks and nearly all of it was fat which is fantastic. I'm measuring in (calipers, wielded by a personal trainer) at 26% BF right now. My goal is 20%

Pleased as punch about the fat loss and I guess I attribute it to starting C25K and um..pigging the hell out (I eat 1800-2000 calories pretty regularly now - I upped my cals).

Haven't done my workout yet but I'm going to clock in 300 minutes this week.

Troy, 160 minutes of exercise a day is hardcore man.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Checking in here!

Lost 1 lb.

453 exercise minutes, 1936 calories burned.

5 OWLs

0 NEWTs
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm down 0.8lbs! (Love having a digital scale now, btw)
    0 OWLs, 6 NEWTs
    310 minutes of exercise, burned 4151 calories
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Keep those numbers coming Slytherins!!

The challenges for next week have been added to the blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MacSkillz/view/november-slytherin-house-challenges-167219

Happy early Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate! :drinker:
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Weight 153LB
    5 OWLS and 4 NEWTS
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Weight: 247.8
    1 OWL
    7 NEWTS
    305 Min/ 2383 Cal.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

The challenges for next week have been added to the blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MacSkillz/view/november-slytherin-house-challenges-167219

Thanks mac - i love the new challenges!

IF anyone wants to add a little challenge to their 21s, I do the first 7 balanced on my left leg, then do the second 7 balanced on my right leg (may not be possible depending on how good your balance is).

That engages your core a bit more while you do the arms.
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    Okay so this week I did 35 min of exercise (396 cal burn from exercise) for 1 OWL and I drank all my water for 7 NEWTS.

Also I lost 1 pound this week so down to 158.
  • MacSkillz
    Options

Thanks mac - i love the new challenges!

IF anyone wants to add a little challenge to their 21s, I do the first 7 balanced on my left leg, then do the second 7 balanced on my right leg (may not be possible depending on how good your balance is).

That engages your core a bit more while you do the arms.

Good idea!! I think I'm gonna try that! haha Thanks!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    last weeks stats:
    weight: 173.4 (loss of 1lb)
    exercise minutes: 238
  • james8008
    Options
    Hello fellow death eaters! :)

0 lb lost (I can't seem to get under 170 lbs and I only have 5 more lbs to go for my goal weight!)
    0 OWLS
    7 NEWTS
    260 Min Exercising (3 - 10 mile run's and a 5k race - 2nd place overall!)
    4278 Calories burnt
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to add everything so here is the update:
    Weight 153LB(down 2 lbs :) )
    5 OWLS and 4 NEWTS
    249 minutes/ 1891 calories
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    334 5 owls 5 newts and i will be going strong since the weight lifting i do now is hard to log here
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Congrats to us all!! We won the Quidditch Match for last week!!
    We are also in the lead for winning the Quidditch Cup for November!! Let's keep up the amazing work!!

305804_591529918933_179201885_32382981_404538656_n.jpg
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    so the quidditch cup is based on % lost not House points? What are the house points for?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Slytherins! (Forgive the intrusion!) I started a thread for all of us to all share our favorite HP clips and just wanted to post a link to the thread in case any of you have a clip you'd like to share with the rest of Hogwarts. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/401413-favorite-harry-potter-clips?page=1#posts-5544982
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, today turned into my cheat day by accident! We had a nice big snowstorm yesterday so I couldn't go out and buy any fresh groceries, then today I had to leave the house at 7am and didn't get back till just now (after 9pm), meaning I had to eat out for both lunch and supper and had no gym time at all. Didn't go hugely over in calories (I mean, I've definitely had worse days) but my sodium intake was ridiculous! Even eating a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendys all I could taste was salt.

Upside: Now the next time I think I'm craving fast food, hopefully I'll remember my saltburger and change my mind :P

Have done one set of the OWL exercises so far - they're harder on my poor sad arms than I expected!

Hope all you Americans are enjoying your Thanksgiving!
  • james8008
    Options
    If there is anyone looking for a nice digital scale at a good price! (these deals are only good for 24 hours)

http://home.dailysteals.com/