Stage 3

Options

Replies

• Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh that's great scheduling!! Sounds like great motivation to get back at it next monday!!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Done!!!! Looking forward to a nice break and then back at it on Monday!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting stage 3 on Monday. I'm looking forward to it!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Done with stage 3. I was able to do 7.5 pounds on the damn YTWL. I Didn't take a full week of rest since starting this program so next week will be cardio and maybe look like a fool doing yoga.
  • Janda06
    Options
    I moved up to 7.5lb dumbells today on the YTWL.....woohoo!!!! I'm going to be finishing stage 3 this week...this is so much fun!
    :).
  • deninevi
    Options
    I hate the body matrix! :)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to do more than 5lbs for the YTWL and even that was hard especially for the T and Y part. And, yes, the body matrix sucks!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've been able to do 7.5 pound weights on the YTWL but I don't think my form is perfect (especially on those Ls) - hopefully that will come. My problem is the inclined weight bench is so uncomfortable - these things are not made for women! I found this video that suggested the exercise ball and I found it helpful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIyONH795k
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love the body matrix, lol. I mean I hate it, but I LOVE it. :) I have done the YTWL's on the ball when the (single) bench in the weight room is being used. It works, but I need to brace my feet or the ball seems to move. Maybe I just haven't mastered the form yet.
  • deninevi
    Options
    I just did the first B WO- YTF***WL-Hate it!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stage 2 on Monday and was wondering what yall think...

I have a half marathon on Sunday (in vegas...YESS!!!!) and took a week off last week from lifting due to the holiday, SO should I start Stage 3 Thursday (normal lifting day) or wait until after my half?
  • Janda06
    Options

I have a half marathon on Sunday (in vegas...YESS!!!!) and took a week off last week from lifting due to the holiday, SO should I start Stage 3 Thursday (normal lifting day) or wait until after my half?

Wish I knew the right answer ...Maybe wait till your legs are all the way rested after your marathon to start :)
  • Janda06
    Options
    Finished up stage 3 today. I think I'm gonna truck right on through to stage 4. I'll be finished by Christmas and then take a break. I'll start stage 5 first of the year!!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Wish I knew the right answer ...Maybe wait till your legs are all the way rested after your marathon to start :)

I would definitely recommend waiting until after your half marathon. The first time I did the 3A workout my hamstrings and inner thighs were screaming at me. Just before a long distance like that you probably want to be tapering off your running and resting your legs, not stressing the muscles.
  • deninevi
    Options

I think you should wait.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    Is anyone willing to post what the tape measure is showing (between Stage 2 and Stage 3), once you've completed?
    I am interested in what "results" are being demonstrated!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I find workout A far superior to workout B. I don't know why, but I just find B boring.
  • deekaydee
    deekaydee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stage 2 yesterday, and will be starting Stage 3 on Monday.

So far, the workouts have taken me less than 40 minutes. (Except for adding intervals in Stage 2B, but I didn't always do those on the same day.) I often do my workout on my lunch break at work, so really can't take much longer than 40 minutes on those days.

It looks to me like Stage 3 may take quite a bit longer than the first two stages .... what is your experience? About how long does it take you to complete these workouts?

I'm usually able to work out once a week before work, which gives me more time, but it's tough to be able to do that more than once per week (because it leaves hubby to get all three kids, ages 7 and under, ready and delivered to school -- and if I do that to him more than once a week he gets cranky, lol). Right now I lift MWF, usually two of those on my lunch break and once before work.

Thanks!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options

It looks to me like Stage 3 may take quite a bit longer than the first two stages .... what is your experience? About how long does it take you to complete these workouts?

Thanks!
    On average, the workouts took me 100 minutes to complete. This includes a warm-up and stretching after lifting. You could save some time and skip the interval training in workout B if you commit to doing cardio (HIIT) exercise on your non-lifting days. Remember, you're supposed to do 2 sets of the body matrix in workout A.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

So far, the workouts have taken me less than 40 minutes. (Except for adding intervals in Stage 2B, but I didn't always do those on the same day.) I often do my workout on my lunch break at work, so really can't take much longer than 40 minutes on those days.

I'm usually able to work out once a week before work, which gives me more time, but it's tough to be able to do that more than once per week (because it leaves hubby to get all three kids, ages 7 and under, ready and delivered to school -- and if I do that to him more than once a week he gets cranky, lol). Right now I lift MWF, usually two of those on my lunch break and once before work.

Thanks!
    It takes me no less than 60 minutes to get through the workouts, including my 1 mile warm up run (usually takes me 8.5 minutes).