biggest regret?

Options
kenzietea
kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
Mine: not telling the first woman I fell in love with that I loved her. It still bothers me, to this day, that I had such a strong and real emotion that I never expressed.

Replies

• thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    well dont have regret just lesson learned. My lesson learned would be dropping out college because I let my social anixety and deprsion get the best of me
  • kenzietea
    Options
    well dont have regret just lesson learned. My lesson learned would be dropping out college because I let my social anixety and deprsion get the best of me

I left my military school because of this. After finding out I was medically DQ'd from westpoint, I saw NO point in continuing being at a military college. I regret leaving a little, but I met my awesome fiance soon after so I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason! I might have regrets, but deep down I know they were meant to be.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    that how I look at things, everything happens for a reason. :)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Not believing I deserved to be loved by the woman who kept telling me over and over that she did, Eventually she got tired of trying to convince me.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not dumping my ex-fiance sooner.

When we got together, I was 15 and he was 24. It took me three years (two co-habitating) to realize that no, I wasn't just super-mature and 'special'...he simply couldn't get a girl his own age.

He's 43 now, still greasy and predatory in a limp, toothless way...and last I heard, dating some 17 year old who has (what I can only assume to be) very poor self esteem.
  • kenzietea
    Options
    Not dumping my ex-fiance sooner.

When we got together, I was 15 and he was 24. It took me three years (two co-habitating) to realize that no, I wasn't just super-mature and 'special'...he simply couldn't get a girl his own age.

He's 43 now, still greasy and predatory in a limp, toothless way...and last I heard, dating some 17 year old who has (what I can only assume to be) very poor self esteem.

At least you didn't make the mistake of marrying him. He sounds like a real winner =P Any 24 year old into a 15 year old is appalling to me! I'm glad you got out of that one!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Same.

It was in junior high going into high school, and the only reason why I never said anything to her was because of societal constraints. I didn't particularly want the **** getting kicked out of me if I were to come out of the closet. What's worse is that I'm pretty sure she liked me too.

Ever since then I have vowed to never withhold my feelings for anyone. I resent that I had to in high school and I will be damned if I ever feel made to again.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    not coming out in the open sooner..i think my life would be very different
  • kerriavr
    kerriavr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 next month and never having an actual girlfriend. I used to blame my career (Air Force), but now .... I just don't know how to meet someone.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My actual biggest regret is a bit too personal, so I will share my biggest lgbt themed regret. :)

I wish I had just gone for it in high school! There was a girl I loved, we were best friends and we skirted around the issue of our attraction for each other, kissed and such but never had a real relationship.

I wasn't scared of what others would think, I was scared of how she actually felt. I couldn't convince myself she really cared for me (in a relationship type of way) the way I cared for her.
    She's definitely the one that got away, I adored her. Glad to have any memory of her but I wish I hadn't been so insecure.
  • kenzietea
    Options
    Turning 40 next month and never having an actual girlfriend. I used to blame my career (Air Force), but now .... I just don't know how to meet someone.

online dating? Thats how I met my fiance! You should try it!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

Try online dating. Also, getting involved in a hobby or sports locally where you will meet a lot of people.
  • david581c
    Options
    my regret? to this day I've never been vocal to how open I am to everyone, I guess that would count me as bi, though I'd hate to be the 2nd class citizen of the gay crowd :s
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry about your regretful situation!

i know this is off topic, but you are soooo pretty! next time, go for it! you have nothing to lose! :drinker:
  • david581c
    Options
    yeah I get that all the time, I suppose the next step is feeling it.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I don't know about my biggest regret ever - but I do know that I regreat not telling a girl just how attracted to her I was/am. And for the first time ever, for me, she's not just someone I'm sexually attracted to. She's someone I could see myself in a relationship with. I never told her.
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret is telling my gf that I wasn't ready for marriage. Not because I didn't see myself with her for the rest of our lives but because I was scared of what the world would think. The irony of it is a month before she left me for this very reason I bought an engagement ring and was planning to propose, yet I had never told her I was ready to take that step.

So four months later and still heart broken I am watching her move on with someone else. I still love her and I would give anything to go back and jump in with both feet.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    if I had to think about it, my biggest regret was reveling in my weight. I was always a big guy, I was an acrobat. I could walk on my hands, do backflips and aerials so the fact that I was heavy was never a hindrance to what I was doing. I nicknamed myself fatjer..and was called belush in college, since the blues brothers with him doing backflips down the aisle reminded everyone of me. so I used to be the only fat guy around, but made a mark in other ways. NOW.. I REGRET sooo IT.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    My biggest regret in life is something too personal that I'm not comfortable admitting. One of my biggest regrets though is letting my low self-esteem and trust issues control my life. It ended up ruining the first relationship that I ever had with a girl, the first one I ever fell in love with. I never believed her when she told me that I was the only one for her and I guess that's what forced her to cheat on me. Maybe if I had believed her, she wouldn't have went and cheated?
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret in life is something too personal that I'm not comfortable admitting. One of my biggest regrets though is letting my low self-esteem and trust issues control my life. It ended up ruining the first relationship that I ever had with a girl, the first one I ever fell in love with. I never believed her when she told me that I was the only one for her and I guess that's what forced her to cheat on me. Maybe if I had believed her, she wouldn't have went and cheated?

sweetheart don't blame yourself for that. a cheater will cheat regardless of the conditions of a relationship because that's what they wanted to do. definitely not your fault :heart: