The CHALLENGE - beta run - The rest of Nov till Dec

Options
2»

Replies

• melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Get a notebook (nothing fancy) and title a page with the Month (November). Under the heading, put the day of the month, and write down a specific self control goal of yours for that specific day. For instance, my goal today is to make sure I don't snack on any of the foods at work when I go in tonight (I work in the food industry and we always snack on the potatos, the nachos, etc). So my goal tonight is not to do any of that. Now under your goal, make a check box for yes or no. At the end of the night (or start of the next day) check whether or not you met this goal. Now do this for every day of the week all month long (with different goals each day... you can overlap and have the same goals on certain days, but vary it up a bit. Really dig deep into where you need to improve your self control to figure out what goals you need to make)

This group is a little different because I can't give you your specific goals for the week because everyone will have different self control issues they need to conquer. Also plan out your self control goals. (ie: if you know you will be attending a party on saturday, make your goal that day to only have 1 drink or only eat half the amount of food you normally would for instance)

Also, make a reward system for yourself. me personally, I have decided that if I can go an entire month checking the "yes" box, I will buy myself something that I've wanted (I've had my eye on this inexpensive choker). Be tough with yourself. If I buy this choker for myself even if I checked 1 box as No, this will convince myself that I can slack off and still be rewarded for it. Not good!

At the end of the week (Sunday or Monday) I want you to email me your results (How many out of the 7 days you managed to put a check mark in your yes box!) And I will keep track and post the results. I may not have time to create a nifty table like some of the other groups, but I will post everyone's progress nonetheless.

If this sounds like you would be interested, then please feel free to join!

This will officially start the week of Nov 14. You can use this week as practice and start logging some goals or consider what kind of goals you want to have, but you should email me your first results Nov 20 or 21. Also when you email me your results, feel free to tell me your best accomplishment for that week in terms of your self control, and I will choose one at random that I think it motivating or a great accomplishment and post it in the spotlight for that week!

If you don't want your results posted but would still like to join in that is fine too. You can always use this thread to post your accomplishments or whatever else :)

Psst! I love creating tables! I'd be willing to make one for this group's results...
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The week of Nov 14 was not good. I rebelled a little I guess. No self control, but didn't want to control myself. So I did not meet my goals. My husband and I ate out 5 nights last week. And I don't care what you order, it's not as low calorie as when you eat at home. I hope to do better this week.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. I did drink coffee much but I did have soda. But I lost weight. I compensated by eating tuna and nuts instead of eating out. Now that I really have no desire for coffee I will kick the soda. I figured for taste I can use grapes.
    The week of Nov 14 was not good. I rebelled a little I guess. No self control, but didn't want to control myself. So I did not meet my goals. My husband and I ate out 5 nights last week. And I don't care what you order, it's not as low calorie as when you eat at home. I hope to do better this week.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Well I have a challenge tonight.

I have a friend visiting us tonight from interstate. He's the kind of friend that we can sit there for hours chatting and DRINKING BEER. I think our record is 6 hours.

I know its a school night tonight, but I am sure if I do not take control of my self control this wouldnt matter.

My goal for today - just 2 light beers tonight. I have already logged them in my diary and I dont have any spare calories for extra - so I PLEDGE TO ONLY DRINK TWO LIGHT BEERS TONIGHT.

I'll set goals for the rest of the week/month later. Im excited by this challenge!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well I have a challenge tonight.

I have a friend visiting us tonight from interstate. He's the kind of friend that we can sit there for hours chatting and DRINKING BEER. I think our record is 6 hours.

I know its a school night tonight, but I am sure if I do not take control of my self control this wouldnt matter.

My goal for today - just 2 light beers tonight. I have already logged them in my diary and I dont have any spare calories for extra - so I PLEDGE TO ONLY DRINK TWO LIGHT BEERS TONIGHT.

I'll set goals for the rest of the week/month later. Im excited by this challenge!

good luck on your challenge, let us know how it goes! That's a good idea to post them ahead of time in your diary that way you know you cant afford anymore than that. I plan on doing the same thing tonight when I go to the bar to play pool, I'll only have room for a couple drinks, and in order to even do that I had to do another short workout today
  • eholliarcus
    Options
    I'm jumping in a little late, but my goal for the week is no beverages besides water or tea and a max of 2 glasses of wine at Thanksgiving.

Chai lattes, lattes and soda will be the death of me! :)
  • almille
    Options
    I'm a new arrival. My self-control goal for today is to get up *right now* from my desk and go tackle that project that scares me. Then, on my 4 hour drive home for the holidays I will no stop for fast food, I will buy something real from a grocery store.
  • almille
    Options
    Muhahahaha first one accomplished. Just takes a little push sometimes.
  • jonzo21
    Options
    Muhahahaha first one accomplished. Just takes a little push sometimes.

exactly! And were all here to give you that little push when you need it :)
  • brookepenni
    Options
    Im pleased to report - my night last night consisted of 2 light beers only! I took my time and wasnt even tempted to have more. Boy it felt good!

My goal today - heading out to lunch with a friend. Chose something light - like a salad or a veggie soup (despite being so close to summer its only 16 degrees here today, soooo cold!)
  • jonzo21
    Options
    Im pleased to report - my night last night consisted of 2 light beers only! I took my time and wasnt even tempted to have more. Boy it felt good!

My goal today - heading out to lunch with a friend. Chose something light - like a salad or a veggie soup (despite being so close to summer its only 16 degrees here today, soooo cold!)

great job!

close to summer, where are you at? Its pretty much winter here now, though i dont think its officially winter until sometime in December
  • khc14
    khc14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Goals will be posted on my daily profile to add increased accountability :-) today is "no junk" day...
  • brookepenni
    Options

great job!

close to summer, where are you at? Its pretty much winter here now, though i dont think its officially winter until sometime in December

Australia!!!! Not that summer knows that. So cold here tonight I'm back to wearing winter pjs and socks to bed!
  • jonzo21
    Options
    I'm in! Goals will be posted on my daily profile to add increased accountability :-) today is "no junk" day...

thats a smart idea :)
    Australia!!!! Not that summer knows that. So cold here tonight I'm back to wearing winter pjs and socks to bed!

Australia, awesome! I'm considering doing a study abroad there next year. Though everyone is trying to convince me to go to England. It basically comes down to whether I want to do the touristy thing and spend loads more money in England where the weather is always gloomy, or go to beaches and enjoy nice weather the majority of the time (plus I love aussie accents, weeee)
  • eholliarcus
    Options
    Bah. last week did not go as I wanted it to go.

I was helping my mom move into her new house and this place had a water softener, but it wasn't working? So the water was grooooooosssssssss. But I did manage to not drink any full sugar/calorie drinks. And I only had 2 drinks at Thanksgiving!!!! So, semi success.

I'm back to only water for the rest of this week, and I'm cutting out highly processed foods. (basically anything that comes in a crinkly cellophane wrapper). I want to build on my self control rather than just doing one thing at a time. Whoo!