Week Two

13»

Replies

• TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Where in the heck did I go during this thread?!?! :laugh:

Sorry, guys!

I finished Wk3, D3 on Friday so tonight will start wk4, D1. Kinda nervous.

It's 5 whole minutes of jogging! :noway:

We'll see how it goes. If nothing else, I'll repeat Wk 3, but hopefully all goes well and I can power thru Wk 4.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Hi! I'm going to do W2D1 tonight!!

I was thinking about running on the treadmill here at my work (there's an exercise room) but something in me doesn't want to do that. It's not nice outside at all - we're actually in the middle of a sort of storm - but I'd rather run outside and get wet than run on the treadmill I think. So I guess I'll go home after work and get on some appropriate clothing, then get out there!! :) Or I'll go ahead and change into the clothes I brought with me, and if it's not raining at the time, I'll stop at the track on my way home. Tho my dog will be disappointed that I went without her!! Wish I had my running hat with me!!

I've been having some trouble with my shins, so I hope tonight goes okay.
  • I finished day 1 of week 2 last night! Hooray!!

I noticed that I slowed down quite a bit. I think knowing I was running for 90 seconds as opposed to 60 made a difference mentally in my approach. I felt more like I needed to make sure I made it through, rather than feeling like, heck, no need to hold back because I know I can run for that amount of time! Ya know? So I paced myself rather than pushed myself.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    I finished day 1 of week 2 last night! Hooray!!

I noticed that I slowed down quite a bit. I think knowing I was running for 90 seconds as opposed to 60 made a difference mentally in my approach. I felt more like I needed to make sure I made it through, rather than feeling like, heck, no need to hold back because I know I can run for that amount of time! Ya know? So I paced myself rather than pushed myself.

I think the pacing is good! It is much more important to run the interval than it is to finish quickly. The speed will come. Great job!
  • I finished day 1 of week 2 last night! Hooray!!

I think the pacing is good! It is much more important to run the interval than it is to finish quickly. The speed will come. Great job!

Thank you! :)

The thing is, I was running at this time last year, but didn't use the C25K program. I built up to being able to run 4 miles at a time, did the Turkey Trot at the Zoo on Thanksgiving, and then completely quit all running again. Hadn't run again until now. I was hoping this time to be able to do more than a shuffle, and I did for the 1 minute intervals...but I think I need to pull back some now. Especially since my shins aren't liking me much. I would rather be smart, I suppose, and be able to keep going, then try to do more than I should all at once and have to stop to nurse myself back to wholeness!

Sigh. I guess reason wins again, dang it!! Lol!
  • I did W2D1 yesterday and took it really slow (jogging pace) and found it pretty good! The hardest part for me was that it was pouring rain out haha. I don't have a treadmill so I have no idea how fast I run. I'm thinking tomorrow of stepping up my pace a little bit and seeing how that goes!
  • W2D2 done...tho I think I missed the last run. I was having a little trouble hearing the voice tell me when to run, and there were people arriving at the track and I was focused on my dog, who I take with me and let run free. At one point I took my ear buds out to say something to another woman with a dog, and when I put them back in the voice was talking, but I didn't catch what she was saying..... I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be my brisk walking or my 5 minute cool-down.

Oh well....
  • amyrae143
    amyrae143 Posts: 14 Member
    Did week 2 day 1 yesterday on the treadmill it was raining really hard so didn't really wanna run outside, not sure if I'm getting fitter or because it was on the treadmill but it was not to bad. almost did it a second time.
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    I just completed W2D1 today, beautiful sunny day. Used my iPhone C25K app. Managed quite well, completed al the 90 sec runs. It was definately a little harder than week one but quite manageble. My running pace was 05:05/km and walking was 08:52/km, total distance 4km (including warm up and cool down walk)
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Did week 2 day 1 yesterday on the treadmill it was raining really hard so didn't really wanna run outside, not sure if I'm getting fitter or because it was on the treadmill but it was not to bad. almost did it a second time.

I think the runs are easier to do on the treadmill. The first time I did the program, I started out outside, but then moved it to the treadmill because the gym would babysit my son while I ran. In the middle of week 5, I did my first 5K, and it was a rude awakening as to how much more difficult it was to run outside. It was hard to take that I couldn't even run for the 5 minutes straight that I had been running in weeks 4 and 5. I actually quit the program after that and restarted 4 weeks ago. I found an indoor track at one of my gyms that I use instead of the treadmill.
  • amyrae143
    amyrae143 Posts: 14 Member
    Going to do week 2 day 2 this evening on the treadmill again, but this time im going to make sure ive got an incline of at least 1.5 if not more.
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    I start week 2 day 1 tomorrow! I ran Thursday and Friday in a row this week, so I'm taking today off and will just work in strength training (mostly arms).

I'm also celebrating another scale victory! -28.8lbs since Oct 5/11!!! Only 2 months in and I feel amazing!!!!!
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    I just finished Week 2 Day 1! It was pretty okay, I think I may have messed up on the times a little but It was still really hard so I'm okay with that. My left knee is beginning to hurt a little, so I'm currently icing it and elevating it. I'm thinking about getting new shoes but honestly I have no money to spend right now. I'm also thinking of lowering the pace I've been running at (5.5) since it's been pretty difficult. I'll let you know what I do on day 2 (Tuesday). Good job everyone!!
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Hi, just checking in with W2D1 completed!
    The back of my ankles going up to my calves hurts during the runs. I keep saying to myself that it's in my head and it will go away if i ignore it. haha doesnt work, but i'm sure with time and regular practise it will go.
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    W2D2 Done! Yay!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Love these discussion topics organized by week! Second time thru C25K for me, working on pace this time. Tonight I've got W2D2 scheduled, plan to walk @ 3.7 mph & run @ 6 mph. D1 went well, hopefully D2/D3 will go just as well!