Week 5

Wow! Running for 16 minutes for 3 intervals (2 of 5 minutes and one of 6 mintues)! I feel great and I am getting better all the time!
Where are you guys at?

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    I have one more day of week four :)
  • Summerleahd
    Completed week 5 day 1 today! and i must say I enjoyed it. I really cant wait till I can run without stopping. Yesterday I after I did w4d3 I ran/walked for an extra 30 minutes like I usually do, and I went for 18 minutes without stopping!! Im totally addicted to running. Taking a rest day tomorrow

Today I went with a friend, and he did week 5 with me. and I must say it is so much fun running with someone else. We really pushed each other. He could run faster while I could run longer. We he pushed me to run faster and I pushed him to go longer. We did two miles. We have agreed to meet once a month and go running together, so I really have to start pushing myself so that I can run longer and faster then him lol. unfortunely when we completed the program, we just walked and talked since we dont see each other often. But I did burn over 1000 calories today!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Just finished week 4 today. Will start week 5 in a couple days hopefully.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Finished D1W5 today and it wasn't that bad - I felt great after finishing it and I'm taking tomorrow as a rest day. Can't believe I'm over half way through this!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I am starting week 5 soon - i think its going to be great! probably will run tomorrow.
  • Summerleahd
    I do the 20 minute run tomorrow. So excited!
  • gettingfit65
    I do the 20 minute run tomorrow. So excited!

Good luck! I am going to try and get my Week 5 Day 1 in.
  • tameko2
    week 5 day 1 - BAM. It was great - the first run especially was just easy and fun. Feels so good to be able to do that.

I ran across the parking lot of the supermarket today just because I could - wasn't even out of breath when I stopped and walked right in like a normal person, not wheezing like I would have if I had tried that a few months ago.
  • gettingfit65
    Week 5 Day 1...cya...all done!!!
  • tameko2
    Just did day 2. Ouchie ouchie ouch. My calves are so tight while I run, its ridiculous. I must be doing SOMETHING wrong.
    I ran SUUUUUPER slow. Stupid slow.

I don't know about day 3. :/ 20 minutes of straight running? It sounds like MADNESS.
  • tageekly
    Also finished W5D2 today. I'm very nervous about day 3... yes, madness is a good way to describe it.
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    W5D1 Completed. A little intimidated about D3
  • gettingfit65
    Day 2 done and it felt good. My strength training is making a huge difference in my legs. Will tackle day 3 on Tuesday hopefully. How is everyone doing?
  • tageekly
    Finished Day 3 today - I still can't believe I did 20 whole minutes without stopping! And at the end, I felt like I could have kept going... I didn't, but it was a possibility. I just had to stop telling myself how hard it was going to be and that I couldn't do it and just push. I counted down every minute and had to talk myself through it, but I'm so glad I did it!

Ready for Week 6!
  • tameko2
    THE MADNESS IS OVER.

I can't believe I did the whole 20 too - I had a rough spot in the middle around minute 9 to minute 11 but I pushed through it.

So - yay us!

and I think I identified what the issue wiht my calves is (yeah after 5 weeks but whatever) - I do way too much pushing off with my toes. If I focus on lifting my knees a little more its much easier on my legs.

I actually did a sprint to the end of the block (not far) after my five minute cooldown. Cardio wise I feel FINE on these runs, its just my legs that hurt.
  • gettingfit65
    Good job girls!! :happy:
  • bobbi29
    Was a little imtimidated by W5D3 so I just skipped day 2 and went straight for D3 and guess what I did it. 20min non stop. I am so proud of myself. I did it. Will to W5D3 again just to keep on my schedule
  • gettingfit65
    Just finished Week 5 Day 3, yahoo, on to week 6. Keep going everyone, see ya there!
  • bobbi29
    did a repeat of W5D3 but added one minute. Yea!!!
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Starting Week 5 this week. Who else is with me?