Measurements

Options
so 2 people have now told me that at the gym when getting measured they put the tape tight around each part.
see i hop in front of mirror and lay it as flat as i can get it.

just wondering which is considered correct measurements then?

Replies

• sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I do it so I could slip eg a piece of paper or a bankcard in there, but not enough that I could get a finger inbetween.
    I think if its so tight that it's bulging on either side of the tape, then you're only kidding yourself.
  • fredtraver
    fredtraver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did my measurements standing up as that's what I see as I pass by shop windows only going to measure once every month
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    As long as you are consistant each time it doesnt matter how you do it
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Does everyone weigh themselves once a week? Less or more? I weigh myself once a week but sometimes sneak in a weigh if I am not feeling confident that I have lost anything.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad at measuring and weighing myself most days. I have to make an effort to avoid the scales these days and only do it on Fridays. I try to measure with the tape on weigh in day as well.

I measure by pulling the tape as tight as I can without pulling it so tight it stretches. General rule of thumb for me is if my finger can hold the tape without having to move it from underneath.