Upcoming Races

Options

Replies

• sweebeesmom
    Options
    Jan 2012 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland
    Oct 2012 - Food and Wine Half Marathon at Disneyworld
    Oct 2012 - Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco (if I get in)

I'll probably run a couple 5k and 10k's as well, just haven't picked any.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Caine Halter 5k is over. I did well for my first 5k. Haven't ran that far since being in the military. Going to try to run one a month. Don't know about the next one yet. Still looking.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just finished my last half marathon of 2011 (DRC Half - 11/6/2011).

Upcoming Race Schedule:
    - YMCA Dallas Turkey Trot 5k, Dallas TX (11/24/11)
    - White Rock Marathon <SMU Corporate Cox 5-person Relay Team>, Dallas TX (12/4/11)
    - Frigid 5k, Dallas TX (1/7/12)
    - Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon, Dallas TX (3/25/2012)

Future:
    Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland (January 2013)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have the Annapolis Half coming up on Saturday then I'm taking a break for the rest of the year. I had some issues with corrective shoes when I didn't need them.

Next year I've signed up for:
    ~ Mid-Atlantic Primal Mud Run (Apr 14)
    ~ Fredrick Nut Job challenge (May 5-6) which is a twilight 5k with a half the next morning
    ~ Warrior Dash, MD (May 20)
    ~ Balitmore Running Festival half (Oct 13)
  • monibee
    monibee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    These are my next big races...

1/28/12 Bayou Bay and Back Half Marathon in beautiful Destin, FL! Danny Cahill (season 8 Biggest Loser winner) will be there too!
    2/26/12 Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando

I may do the bridge run in Pensacola too...I'm working races into my half marathon training program so I'm not doing a whole lot of races in the next couple months.
  • MissMichellemybelle
    Options
    I am also signed up for the Disney Princess Half! Are you dressing up for it?!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    No signatures any more? I used to have them in there...

Stanwick Santa Run (Half): Dec 11th 2011
    Brighton Half: Feb 19th 2012
    Brighton Marathon: April 15th 2012
    Milton Keynes Marathon April 29th 2012
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Caine Halter Lungs for Life 5k this Saturday in Greenville SC. This will be my first 5k (other than military formation runs.) Wish me luck. I'm also thinking about another 5k next week in Inman SC. This one is for meals for the needy. Have not decided on that one yet.

Race was a great success. My team raise $11000. My wife and I finished the race in 427 and 428 place. Only 649 runners. Looking for my next 5K.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Assuming my knee isn't actually busted, I'm likely doing the Monticello Holiday 5k Classic on Dec 4, which is at Monticello, which was Thomas Jefferson's house.

You can't go wrong with this description:

Course and Starting Times
    Brand new course for 2011! Starts at the East Walk of Monticello and finishes at the Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center and Smith Education Center. Participants will race around Jefferson’s original roundabouts, through his historic gardens, and then race down the mountaintop, with the final segment on the popular Saunders-Monticello Trail, finishing at the Visitor Center. The course features spectacular panoramic views and just might be one of the fastest 5K venues in Central Virginia.

Plus, every finisher gets a "collector winter running cap"! Sweet! Anyway, maybe I'll crush my new PR which crushed my old one! :laugh:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Signed up for a new one yesterday....

PR`d my Nov 12th race at 44:55 over 8K!
    Nov 26th - Imperial Glass Downhill Series 8K - Hamilton ON
    Dec 26th - Boxing Day 10-Mile Race - Hamilton ON
    Mar 25th - Around the Bay 30K - Hamilton ON (TBC)

Woot! :drinker:
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Barcelona Marathon 25th March 2012... nothing else!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    so far my schedule for next year is a little bare!

26th feb- orewa half marathon
    28th april- rotorua marathon
    tentative 16th june- perth marathon (australia)

but they're all bloody long runs. the rotorua marathon will be my first full marathon! and i'm still debating perth- i don't know if i can get the time off work yet. and it's only 6 weeks after the rotorua marathon, and i don't know if that will be too close together. we will see! time will tell.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Las Vegas Rock n' Roll Marathon - December 4th (two weeks tomorrow!! I am doing the half marathon)

So far 2012 I am signed up for the Warrior Dash ~ Hastings, MN June 30th but I hope to put in two half marathons next year as well...just need to research some good places I want to travel to!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    10k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving - even got the rest of the family to walk the 5k while I run :happy:

17k trail run on 12/3, hoping to beat previous time 2 yrs ago on this course (should be easy to beat, my last one was the first race after my broken foot healed)

Debating whether I should enter a 50k lottery... plenty of time to train for April but think I need to kick this him bursitis over winter by running FEWER miles, not more! Perhaps next year...
  • SusanWinters
    Options
    Hi, I am signed up for:

12.3.11 St. Jude Half-M, in Memphis TN...I will have to walk it because of an injury and I hope I can finish...
    2.26.11 Disney Princess Half-M In Orlando, Fl - (I really have to get in shape for this one it is timed)

I am looking for a half to do in Jan...I might do the one in Dallas for New Years not sure yet. Maybe be closed...
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    December 11th Shiver by the River #1 5k
    December 17th Celtic Solstice 5 miles
    January 8 Shiver by the River 5K #2
    February 12 Shiver by the River 10K #3
    March 11 Shiver by the River 10K #4
    March17th Rock n Roll 1/2 DC
    There will be other local 5k's and 10k's through out the spring and fall...my friend and I are hoping to go for the heavy metal encore by running, possible Warrior Dash also
    May 2nd Local 5k
    Sept. 16 Rock n Roll 1/2 Philly

next year is gonna be busy ;)

future: Food and Wine 1/2 would do it next year but it is our 10 year anniversary and we are headed to the islands in October.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Frederick MD Half Marathon on May 6th
    Baltimore Half Marathon Mid October 2012
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So far:
    5K trail parkrun every Saturday morning
    High Legh 10K February (1st 10K)
    If that goes OK, Great Manchester Run May (another 10K)
    After that, we'll see! I only started running with couch25K in June so the idea of racing still feels quite weird.
  • running_rookie
    Options
    No more races for 2011, finished my first half and full this year. Looking forward to running a 50K in January of 2012. Here is the link for anyone in the Winston-Salem area of NC. http://www.twincitytc.org/Default.aspx?tabid=69 It is called the frosty fifty and is a 31.1 mile trail race.
  • running_rookie
    Options
    Just completed my first trail marathon in October. What a great running experience! . I can't wait to do another one. You will love it. Good luck!