• jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in:

CW: 164 (down 2 pounds)
    OWLS: 300
    NEWTS: 35
    HP: 380

Also excited about making prefect for the second time!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm just sorry you didn't get the news sooner, girls! Great work!
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late check-in... crazy work day today. No change in weight, no OWLs or NEWTs, and no exercise last week :( The fates were conspiring against me. I am running a turkey trot this Thursday, so there's that...
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by the say "hi" to my fellow Griffs. I have been MIA pretty much the past month, it was a really hard month for me and I gained weight. And now I feel gross. So, time to get back on it, a new year coming up and all that. I'm not waiting until then, I'm going to start building momentum now. So, I'll be checking in with you all next week. Keep up the hard work everyone!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    st (8-1) w 33 h 35 b 37
    10/1 goal: w 28/30 h 30/32 b 34/36
    10/31 goal: same as 10/1 but with my booty being what it is now
    11/30: staying the same as i am now, burning between 7500 and 8500 calories every week

8-8 to 8-22 same as start
    8-29 w 32 h 35 b 361/2
    9-4 w 311/2 h 341/2 b 36
    9-12 w 31 h 34 b 36
    9-19 w 30 h 32 b 34
    9-26 w 30 h 32 b 331/2
    10-2 w 29 3/4 h 32 b 33
    10-9 w 29 1/4 h 32 b 32
    10-17 w 28 1/4 h 31 b 32
    10-23 w 28 h 31 b 31 1/2
    10-30 w 28 h 31 b 31 1/2
    11-7 nothing different (i blame TOM)
    11-14 w 28 h 30.5 b 31
    11-21 no change

goal between 7500 and 8500:
    cals burned 5296

owls: 1235
    newts: 15
    hp: 1165
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    DECEMBER WEEK 1 OWLs & NEWTs:

(Starting after check-in between 11/25-11/28
    and ending with check-in between 12/2-12/5)

****NOTE:**** We're going to do a bit of experimenting with how we earn OWLs and NEWTs to even the playing field for those of us without lots of time to work out.

**For OWLs: Set yourself a daily goal of how many of the exercise you're going to aim to do. You earn 5 OWLs for meeting/exceeding your goal, 3 OWLs if you make it halfway to your goal, and 1 OWL if you try to do some but don't make it at least halfway to your goal.

**For NEWTs: How you earn these will stay the same.

**NEW (still needs a geeky name): You earn points for every time you post in the Common Room to chit chat (CHECK IN POSTS DON'T COUNT), up to 5 points a day (35 points total possible for the week). I hope this will encourage us to be more active in supporting each other and helping each other build motivation.

If you have any suggestions for what to call our new points category, feel free to share!

So, for this week, your new challenges are:

OWL (exercise): Lunges! I think we all know how to do these, but if you want to be safe, google it (one left + one right = 1 lunge). Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Either double check MFP's settings, or do your own research on protein. Try to reach your protein goal as a minimum as many days as you can this week. 5 NEWTS per day, 35 NEWTS total possible for the week.

(Still needs a geeky name): Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room. Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

This is also posted in the December blog, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/gryffindor-december-owls-newts-171054

The new OWLs & NEWTs system is also updated in the Gryffindor Guide, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/the-guide-to-being-a-successful-gryffindor-144313

It might be confusing at first, but we'll see how it goes and adjust from there :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Ok, last quick prefect update. Next week my goal is to be back on track with our schedule!

Our Prefects this week are:

Missb92 (for weight lost) and Kelsue35 (for Owls & Newts)! Great job, as usual, ladies!

You all are doing fantastically, and welcome again to all our new Lions! I'm so excited to have you!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    I like the new set up, good idea!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Gryffindors! I started a thread for all of us to all share our favorite HP clips and just wanted to post a link to the thread in case any of you have a clip you'd like to share with the rest of Hogwarts. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/401413-favorite-harry-potter-clips?page=1#posts-5544982
  • simplyrachel26
    Options
    today's weigh-in:

november 26, 2011

• druidqueen
    Options
    CW: 229
    HP: 106
  • belleforte
    belleforte Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gryffs!

CW: !55.0
    HP:230
    NEWTS: 5
    OWLS:0

I hope you all have an excellent week!
  • belleforte
    belleforte Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bron, What about TOADS for your geeky name for your new challenge?
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    CW: 153.8
    OWLS/NEWTS: 0
    HP: 0

Must try better this week with exercise...happy with weight tho :)
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Bron, What about TOADS for your geeky name for your new challenge?

Cute! I was thinking Chocolate Frogs. Dunno if that really fits, but Ron would be motivated to participate with some Chocolate Frogs! Or maybe "Spells"?
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    11/27 check-in! Finally lost a pound this week.

CW: 205
    OWLS: 50
    NEWTS: 5
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    CW: 151
    OWLS: 290
    NEWTS: 5 (I got an extra long hike in Thanksgiving morning, plus exercised good portin control)
    HP: 959

I like the chocolate frog idea too. They shared them on the train while talking and having a good time and you are encouraging us to socialize more.
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    cw- 167 boo :( thanksgiving was super tasty but now I have more work to do to get rid of these extra 2 lbs! I must admit I did not do well the rest of the weekend either, but today's a new day!
    owls- 150
    Newts- 5 I did do a 5.7 mile run thanksgiving morning so that was good
    hp-245
  • veganbaum
    Options
    CW: 181 (Not happy at about this at all!)
    Owls: 45
    Newts: 0
    HPs: 190
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    CW: up 2 lbs (ugh)
    OWLs and NEWTs: none
    House Points: 43 (Turkey trot last week)

I've been battling general fatigue and soreness, from what I don't know. Should have run today but didn't; hopefully I can get out on Wednesday and run a bit. Gotta get back into the swing and start tracking my food again...