Options
MaryIM
MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
Anyone doing the 30 Day Challenge?

Replies

• ecookk
    ecookk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! I am on day eleven - and todays date is 11.11.11 how weird!!! Are you doing it? How are you going?
  • MaryIM
    Options
    Today will be day 15. I have missed one day so far ... so am thinking of doing a double either today or on Tuesday.
  • hippysailor
    hippysailor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back to the hot room, last winter/spring I did 68 days straight with a few doubles in there was feeling GREAT, but let life gets in the way, finding the time to go as much as I wanted and a shoulder injury wasn't helping either BUT enough is enough, getting back into the swing this week ..... Bikram is amazing for sure ,
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I'm just getting back to the hot room, last winter/spring I did 68 days straight with a few doubles in there was feeling GREAT, but let life gets in the way, finding the time to go as much as I wanted and a shoulder injury wasn't helping either BUT enough is enough, getting back into the swing this week ..... Bikram is amazing for sure ,

WOW! 68 days in a row that''s amazing!

Life (and injuries) do get in the way sometimes ... we just need to keep on trying and start over. Sometimes our instructors give a quote from Bikram that " you're never too old, it's never too late to start over".
  • MaryIM
    Options
    Well I just started a new 30 Day Challenge -- TODAY!

I had one going but fell behind 2 days and then went out-of-town for a long weekend. Realized that I couldn't catch up.

I like the idea of starting on 11/21 -- that should really help me to navigate in a healthy way during the holiday season. There's so many temptations and extra socializing in December. Doing the 30 Day Challenge and also logging my food intake should help me have the best December, EVER!
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I've been practicing the bikram series for about 3 1/2 years. Today, for only the 2nd time, I went to the 6am class. I never wake up early, but somehow my eyes popped open at 4am today. I figured that going early to yoga was a very positive way to start the day.

I will confess that my body felt stiff, especially at the beginning of the standing series. Once we got to the floor series, all was normal. It also felt good to be in the hot room when it was cold outside and watch the new day dawn during class.
  • hippysailor
    hippysailor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    the 6am Class is always my FAV .... get it done with, then off to work with lots of energy :-) good luck with your 30 days
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm always stiff in the morning classes - a great way to start the day but I have to reset my expectations for my body.

I'm planning a 30 day challenge in January. Last year I did a 30 day challenge in January and then a 60 day challenge in March/April. Felt great!
  • banff18
    banff18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also thinking about doing a 30 day challenge in January. right now I'm trying to ease my way back into committed excercise with the 30 day shred (only requires 20 minutes every day at home). Bik is way more satisfying, but also more time consuming. 30 days means no one will see me for 30 days!
    Do you find you lose weight when you do it? I used to do it regularly but i was much more fit back then, so I don't know if it was Bik or I was at a better starting point...
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I'm now on my 3rd attempt at completing the 30 Day Challenge. I made it 24 and 25 days the first two times. How does that old quote go ... "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again" or "3rd times a charm".

I just completed Day 9 this afternoon.

Basically, I'm committing to the 30 Day Challenge in December because I don't want to gain those extra 10 lbs that always seem to appear in December. I want this year to be different!

Doing the challenge also helps me to make better food and beverage choices.
  • MaryIM
    Options
    Just completed Day14 of the Challenge and am feeling strong. Did two classes yesterday (to get a day or two ahead, cuz am traveling next weekend).

My yoga studio is celebrating it's 9th anniversary today and they are having special promotions all day. In fact, all the classes are free today. There must have been about 70 people in class! I've never been in such a big class before ... wow!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day challenge in JULY IN LAS VEGAS! and it was the best thing that I could have ever done!
  • MaryIM
    Options
    Feel like an idiot ... will I ever learn?

I had planned to do a double today (to get ahead) because I'm going out of town this weekend. Note to Mary: in the future do back-to-back classes! Instead I did a 9am class, then showered and did errands. Went back for the 2:30 class. I must have already been delirious because I set-up my mat in the hottest part of the room (it was cold outside today and I wanted to be warm). Well, I sure got my wish -- yikes. I'm totally exhausted now and didn't do very well in that 2nd class. Live and learn.
    I WILL MAKE IT TO CLASS NUMBER 30.

Today was 17 & 18.
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of the 30 Day Challenge and WILL BE SUCCESSFUL THIS TIME !!!!

Today I did a double -- classes 25 & 26. Whew!

Number 30 will be on Tuesday.
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I DID IT !!!! I completed the 30 Day Challenge today!

I was awarded with a medal and a certificate stating that I have "Bengal Tiger strength and English Bulldog determination"!!!

WOOHOO!
    :flowerforyou:
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mary, congratulations on finishing your challenge! It sounds like it was challenging at times, which is exactly how it should be :)

Anyone else doing a 30 day challenge in January?
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wow, how cool is that! Congrats!
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I am so happy to SUCCESSFULLY complete the 30-day challenge!!!!

I've decided to make it an annual event in November-December and possibly go for the 60-day challenge.
  • mjuckie
    mjuckie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started doing the 30 day challenge on Monday, first one. On day 3, Its hell especially because I'm getting over bronchitis that i had over the holidays. I had to step out of the room yesterday and was super embarrassed :( but i didnt want to mess everyone up.

I found the mornings (6am) are much hotter than the evening class (8pm). What times of the day do you all prefer?
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I started doing the 30 day challenge on Monday, first one. On day 3, Its hell especially because I'm getting over bronchitis that i had over the holidays. I had to step out of the room yesterday and was super embarrassed :( but i didnt want to mess everyone up.

I found the mornings (6am) are much hotter than the evening class (8pm). What times of the day do you all prefer?

Be patient with yourself! It would be tough to be in the yoga room while healing from bronchitis!

My least favorite time to practice is the 6am class -- my body is stiff and my muscles seem slow to limber up. I like to go to the noontime or early afternoon classes. I get my chores and busywork done before class and then have the rest of the day to enjoy.