Starting Stage 1 - 12/1/11

Options
2»

Replies

• _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I ordered the book last week and am hoping it comes today! I used to lift really heavy with my trainer at the gym - and he actually convinced me (when I was setting up my home gym) to get a squat rack and olympic barbell. I'm pretty excited. I plan on starting Dec. 1st - so I'm with you!! I have been doing Jillian Michaels videos, lots of light weight compound moves incorporated with cardio - and I also run every other day or so.

Great! I'm probably going to start Monday 11/28... right after Thanksgiving :-)

cat77cl - If you've been lifting for a while, are you concerned that the Stage 1 workouts look a little too easy? I was thinking of adding additional exercises... it just seems like a very short program to me.

Or... maybe I need to change my mind set? If I find it is too easy, then maybe I just need to lift heavier weights.... I guess that's the point of the book, right??
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting on 11/28! I've read through the book once and I'm now re-reading to make sure that I understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm sure that I'll be very sore next week, but I am excited to add in some strength training to the cardio that I have been doing.
  • _Sally_
    Options
    Got the book from the library! Reading it and loving it! But can someone please tell me where the workouts are located? And the stages?

Stage 1 begins on Pgs 139/140 in my book.

Within the workout there are page references for each exercise that describe and show pics of each exercise.
  • silvernswan
    silvernswan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm currently waiting for my ordered copy of the book to arrive. I'm so impatient to get started - I was going to borrow it from the library while waiting but it is still checked out. I probably won't be able to start on Dec 1st, but I will start as soon as I get the book.

I've come back to doing weights in the last six weeks - I've been doing a basic whole body routine and now I'm ready to go a bit more intense.
  • chawntamarie
    Options
    I'm almost through the book now, I've copied my training logs off and I'm going to start with you TOMORROW!
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started last week, but between life and hockey only got in the 1A workout. Did the 1B workout last night (not nearly as sore as I was after the first one). It does seem short, but if you lift fairly heavy you get a good workout in pretty fast. As tempting as it is, I am sticking to the exact program in terms of lifting then adding in my own cardio. Its been awhile since i have done a lot of lifting. I had a passion for the gym in my teenage years that dwindled as real life set in in my 20's. I miss that passion, I mostly have to drag my tired butt out the door after DD has gone to bed. Aiming to do it 2-3 times a week along with C25K.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It's december 1st. Good luck to everyone that is starting today. hopefully you will like it as much as I do :)
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, I think I'm going to like this!! i consider myself a vetern lifter and was concerned it would be too easy but after I did this I really felt like I had a workout!! I added a set so I'm doing 3 sets instead of 2.. sometimes 4 if I choose to do warm up sets.. I'm unsure how I feel about the nutrition part of it though. I guess we'll see!! I think I need to get a really good hr moniter because its really hard to track stregnth training calories.
  • _Sally_
    Options
    I started on Monday and have done the 1A and 1B workouts. I plan to do 1A again tonight.

I am in an adjustment period, so not sure how I feel about this program yet. This is a definite paradigm shift for me to give strength training the priority instead of cardio. I have done 30 minute cardio sessions after the workouts, but not much else this week, because the workouts have made me a little sore and less excited about getting cardio in on my off days. Hopefully this is just an adjustment. Maybe I need to get back into swimming, which is great to do when your muscles are sore.

I have done well with getting the recommended protein in, so that is good.

I'm thinking of starting a blog to share my workouts and weight levels, etc. with the group, but I haven't figured out yet how to do it. If anyone has a blog that shared details of workouts that I could use as an example (and I would be interested in following you!), let me know :flowerforyou:

I also plan to take measurements and some before pics this weekend (oh boy!)
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am a week behind( i hope that is ok) Just did workout A, which was so much fun except for those pesky jacknifes, i can't do more than 8 :(
  • mjawesome
    mjawesome Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started today! I'm doing it at home so I will be modifying the gym exercises.
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am a week behind( i hope that is ok) Just did workout A, which was so much fun except for those pesky jacknifes, i can't do more than 8 :(

8 is fine - that is what the book calls for (only exercise that isn't 15)!