5th Week Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Good Morning Everyone,

Again, I am not sure where everybody is. How did everybody do with last week. Did you get some insight as to why you eat, what you eat, when you eat it.

This is a really hard time of the year for most people with parties, goodies, food gifts etc. All that I can suggest is to try an be conscious of what you are consuming. We will all slip up a little but try to keep it to a little slip and not a full out train wreck...

My week is crazy so this week's challenge is short and sweet....

:flowerforyou: Everyday stay within your calorie limit and try to keep your carb percentage at around 40% (Holiday treats are very high in carbohydrates)

:flowerforyou: Everyday do at least 30 minutes of increased heart rate activity. Such as brisk brisk walk, jog, jumping jacks, aerobic dvd

Monday work on upper body such as push ups, tricep curls, bicep curls etc
Tuesday work on abdominals. do at least 125 crunches of some kind
Wednesday work on lower body. do some lunges or squats.
Thursday work on upper body again.
Friday work on abdominals.
Saturday work on lower body.
Sunday enjoy your day cause you deserve it.

DON'T FORGET TO DRINK AT LEAST (10) 10 OZ GLASSES OF WATER.

Have a great week and don't forget to keep in touch with us. We are all here to support one another.

Keep Smiling :smile: :wink: ,
Donna

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks, great challenge. I love it. It is just what I need.......
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna!! The boards have been very quiet but I guess it's that time of the year. I actually lost a half a pound last week! The fact that we had two Thanksgiving dinners and leftovers one night makes me happy that I lost anything! I have reached a point where I feel like approaching this as a "lifestyle" change rather than just focussing on it as a "diet" is really helping me to make good decisions. I can have a slice of pie and not have to eat the whole pie! Everything in moderation.... including my exercise. That's the piece I am really trying to work on. I think about it as all or nothing so I psych myself out before I get started, thinking that I have to do a BIG workout. I am now looking at it as every little bit helps and trying to fit in several smaller workouts during the day. Something is better than nothing!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I am back on track today....was lucky enough to get in 3 workouts during the 4 day weekend!!

Have a wonderful week!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I didn't even have any holidays this week and I gained four pounds. :'( Grr.
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    I'm still here! I will be home every night this week so will be very active in the discussionz! Promise!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I am glad to see there are still people talking and I am not just talking to myself. Remember we are all in this together and if you are struggling with things, you need to reach out for help. There is always somebody to talk to. This is not an easy journey but definitely worth it. To wake up in the morning, feel good, be happy throughout the day, and can't wait to get home to work out is amazing and something a year ago I would have never dreamed would happen but thanks to many friends here I do.

Quote for the day:

"The sense of achievement and joy after overcoming the impossibles are the most treasured and fulfilling ones." (T. Zhixian)

"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows." (M. Landon)

I hope you all have a great day and keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile:

Donna

ps. there are still a few people that need to add their weight and yes/no to the spread sheet.
  • allie0630
    Options
    Thanks Donna... I always love the quotes that you post, they keep me motivated!
  • MamaGoat1
    MamaGoat1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's challenge: 45 min walking brisk, 125 crunches
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    No problems getting the cardio in...the strength - struggling a little! I am tight for time most days...gotta get back on track. I will have my babies 'coach' me. That way I can be with them AND exercise!!
  • tammihart
    Options
    I hope JM Ripped in 30 counts as my cardio. I just can't seem to fit anything else in my evenings are busy this week, too cold to walk outside with my daycare kids and it scares me use my treadmill with them here becuase it is in the playroom. I can do the strength and food part.
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I hope JM Ripped in 30 counts as my cardio. I just can't seem to fit anything else in my evenings are busy this week, too cold to walk outside with my daycare kids and it scares me use my treadmill with them here becuase it is in the playroom. I can do the strength and food part.

I started to buy this last night. I didn't and I didn't workout at all. How is it? Do you need anything other than dumbbells to do it?
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna; I know I have not been checking in much. I've been working hard this week so far; I'm stuck maintaining at 159... for over three weeks now. I am hoping for movement soon (in the right direction of course!) This is usually where I get discouraged and "quit" but I'm not going to do that this time!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

Sorry I am so late. Wee are having a winter snow storm and it took forever to get to work this morning. It is really nice to see the discussions here.

Quote of the Day:
    "Do it now. You become successful the moment you start moving towards a worthwhile goal."

Start with small changes so you do not get frustrated. I might suggest giving up soft drinks or another treat you give yourself, and then get off the couch in the evening and at least walk during the commercials. (Another little mini challenge)

Hope you all have a great day, Keep Smiling :smile: :wink: ,

Donna
  • tammihart
    Options

I started to buy this last night. I didn't and I didn't workout at all. How is it? Do you need anything other than dumbbells to do it?

It is tough work out! I did her 30 day shred workout before it, thank goodness. I was so sore wen I started te shred and I think it got me ready for ripped. All you need are hand weights and a yoga mat if you are not working out on carpet.
    Its an awesome workout! I totally recommend it.
  • allie0630
    Options
    Thanks Donna; I know I have not been checking in much. I've been working hard this week so far; I'm stuck maintaining at 159... for over three weeks now. I am hoping for movement soon (in the right direction of course!) This is usually where I get discouraged and "quit" but I'm not going to do that this time!
    mamapaints: have you taken measurements? I am losing VERY slowly (less than a pound/week) but my measurements have gone down quite a bit. I can comfortably button pants that I haven't been able to wear since last May!!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All,

The weekly results are posted and I just want to congratulate everybody. There was some real good numbers this week. Must be doing something right. High 5's

Quote of the day:

We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.

The damage that we have created was not created over night nor will it heal over night but the small changes that we make will repair those damages and the end result will forever amaze us. So keep the calories low and get movin".

Have a great day everyone and Keep smiling :love: :smile: :wink: ,

Donna
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Just checking in! Seems like life has been CRAZY since Turkey Day! I am doing well on the challenges so far!
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Just got the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred from a friend so can't wait to start that! I lost an inch off my butt when I measured myself yesterday, and a half inch off my waist...that helped me make it through my workout last night.. not feeling very good this morning tho, so hopefully I can make it through the day with good eating habits! Happy Friday MFP family!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Is everyone ok??