Insanity- Day 1

Options
playful82
playful82 Posts: 78 Member
So i completed my fit test today. and boy was it tough. i like the fact i was sweating like crazy but its a bit rough on the knees.. So hows everyone doing with their workout?

Replies

• JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    This is my recovery week and that workout is not easy but not as tough as the others. I start the max workouts next week. Q
  • playful82
    Options
    oh thats awesome, so you made it through a month, how does it feel? and how much have you lost?
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm in week one but a few days ahead. Just finished pure cardio. Woo, pushed real hard, and I'm still sweating. I'm soaked front to back.

Stats:

33:47 minutes (I don't count cool down)
    Cals burned: 831
    Peak Heart Rate 179
    Average Heart rate 151

Despite this being my first week I've been doing it off and on for a little while a few thoughts:

-Knees

I'm 6' 4" and my knees really bother me, so I usually wear a neoprene brace on whichever knee is the least cooperative. I think I'm gonna haveta break down and buy two :grumble: Not a bad idea if they're slowing you down.

Impact - if you can't land lightly take a break, you're gonna tear your knees up.

-Drills

Those darn push ups kill me, especially late in the workout. Go down to your knees! You can keep pumping them out and keep going, rather than laying on the floor cursing Shaun T.

Push it in the last two routines! You'll feel like you're gonna die but the break is coming!!

Thanks for starting this group. I need to be kept honest :embarassed:
  • shehnaaz111
    Options
    although I have finished my one set of insanity and i have seen awsme results...bt from last one month i have not doin any exercise and eatin lot of junk food..will be startin my insanity frm tomm...hope i can reach my goal..need more support ..
  • beeblebrox82
    Options
    although I have finished my one set of insanity and i have seen awsme results...bt from last one month i have not doin any exercise and eatin lot of junk food..will be startin my insanity frm tomm...hope i can reach my goal..need more support ..

You can do it!!! I'm in a similar boat. Fell off the wagon, getting back on. No reason to dwell on it; just start pushing forward!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Two workouts down, and so far so good...today I have early/short work day, then a nice massage (yaaay), then Cardio Recovery so I'm hoping that will include some nice stretching. Tomorrow is Plyo again, then rest on Sunday...but I may do a hike or something. How seriously are we supposed to take the Rest day?

I have all of the problems they tell you should keep you far from Insanity...back torn up from a car accident, knee with fake ligaments, and one shoulder that needs surgery. I wear a good brace on my knee, and that helps a lot. And I mostly skip the pushups...I will stay and move in just plank position. Maybe do one or two pushups but they are too dangerous for me. That shoulder surgey would have been done years ago if weren't a butcher-fest/endless recovery/helplessness dealio so I really want to avoid it.
  • ladimahagoni
    Options
    Glad I found this group. I have been unable to get past week two of insanity. I've started it like five times...I think it is because I am not eating enough calories. I hope this group and my new diet plan will help me finish this time! I'll start Monday, Dec. 5, 2011. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • DawnMiller38
    Options
    This is my first week (after starting over from a summer long break) and I actually feel great! What I will share is this...when I initially began I began with 2 of my firends and we lasted up until week 3 then fell off. Vacations and pure laziness and wanting to have fun in the sun soon took precedence over working out. I went into the program guns ablaze, ignoring the CLEAR warning at the begining of each workout DVD advising against over exertion...I totally chose to forget that I'm 5'10 with TWO bum knees one of which was operated on a few years back, and yep you guessed it reaggravated my prior knee injury. Now for the second go around Im approaching the workout with a little more sense about myself..for example, instead of doing all of the jumps I do modified jumps or floor exercises. You all will see as you go along and listen that he will tell you about these things. i wish I could remember specifically the jump but I cant at the present. I do know that the equivilant for this particular jump can be found on his Insane Abs which I am also incorporating into my weekly workout. Nevertheless, when I do rememebr I'll let all of you guys know...its just an example of alternative movements that can be just as effective for us folks with either bad joints or who feel way to heavy to try in lift 161.5 pounds (in my case) up off of the floor landing lightly and not sounding like your bringing the house down with you! LOL! Good luck everyone and lets all stay focused!!! :)
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I feel great. I can really tell my stamina is up. I will do measurements this week once I finish the recovery workouts and I'll post them. Q
  • mjmona
    mjmona Posts: 13
    Options
    2nd day . i guess it was ok but i also stared doing 100 miles of running,walking,biking watever i can for the month of december i hope i can pull thru it .. :ohwell:
  • beeblebrox82
    Options
    Glad I found this group. I have been unable to get past week two of insanity. I've started it like five times...I think it is because I am not eating enough calories. I hope this group and my new diet plan will help me finish this time! I'll start Monday, Dec. 5, 2011. Any advice would be much appreciated.

What's been stopping you? Feeling like you have no energy? Sore? Something else?
  • beeblebrox82
    Options

What's been stopping you? Feeling like you have no energy? Sore? Something else?
  • playful82
    Options
    @ beeblebrox82 thanks for the info.. the workouts are very intense... but i love the sweat.. lol and i feel so great after i am done... however my feet was catching cramps so i had to stop and start again... i guess it takes getting use to...
  • playful82
    Options
    2nd day . i guess it was ok but i also stared doing 100 miles of running,walking,biking watever i can for the month of december i hope i can pull thru it .. :ohwell:

yea i was going to do the 30 day shred and this but its kinda difficult to manage my time when its xmas time and so much to do.. so how are you feeling
  • playful82
    Options
    I feel great. I can really tell my stamina is up. I will do measurements this week once I finish the recovery workouts and I'll post them. Q

yeah, cant wait to hear all the good news and progress =)
  • playful82
    Options

welcome to the group- i am new at this site, but i know some of us are doing the workout and need motivation, encouragement also feed back of how others are doing.. we might also have questions.. so we can all post things about the journey or any motivational stuff to make this fun and pain less... lol
  • playful82
    Options
    This is my first week (after starting over from a summer long break) and I actually feel great! What I will share is this...when I initially began I began with 2 of my firends and we lasted up until week 3 then fell off. Vacations and pure laziness and wanting to have fun in the sun soon took precedence over working out. I went into the program guns ablaze, ignoring the CLEAR warning at the begining of each workout DVD advising against over exertion...I totally chose to forget that I'm 5'10 with TWO bum knees one of which was operated on a few years back, and yep you guessed it reaggravated my prior knee injury. Now for the second go around Im approaching the workout with a little more sense about myself..for example, instead of doing all of the jumps I do modified jumps or floor exercises. You all will see as you go along and listen that he will tell you about these things. i wish I could remember specifically the jump but I cant at the present. I do know that the equivilant for this particular jump can be found on his Insane Abs which I am also incorporating into my weekly workout. Nevertheless, when I do rememebr I'll let all of you guys know...its just an example of alternative movements that can be just as effective for us folks with either bad joints or who feel way to heavy to try in lift 161.5 pounds (in my case) up off of the floor landing lightly and not sounding like your bringing the house down with you! LOL! Good luck everyone and lets all stay focused!!! :)

hey thanks for the post... we can all relate to being lazy and would much rather be in the sun than working out.. lmao.. i always get side track.. and love to start new things with out finishing what i was doing.. lol thats awesome you lasted 3 weeks.. its pretty tough but feel so good at the end of each workout... i totally agree with this being hard on your knees, so i am also taking it ez and not jumping so head on..
  • beeblebrox82
    Options
    how'd everyone do today? P90x day for me!
  • Nico0211
    Nico0211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    day 2 done!!!!!!!! we can do it!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    2nd time doing Plyo Cardio Circuit today...even tired I can tell an improvement from the first time through..just able to do a *little* bit more and go a *little* bit faster. Encouraging!!