What do YOU eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the measuring. My food scale stays right on the counter! I eat every 3 hours or so also.
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am eating shredded wheat mini's with ff milk or two small pancakes with pb and banana.
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Normal breakfast on weekdays 2 hard-boiled eggs(if I've prepared them) and always fruit (whatever's handy). Weekends: eggs over easy or poached, bacon and engligh muffin.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I usually have a sweet of some kind when I first get up with my coffee. I have tried for years to give it up but I finally "gave" up and just accepted it and work it into my day. I have been making oatmeal/banana/nut bars and have one of them every morning. If anyone wants the recipe let me know, you would not believe how easy they are. Then I will usually have an egg white omelette with red/yellow peppers, mushrooms, spinach, onions, broccoli, etc. etc topped with 1/8 cup of reduced fat colby jack cheese, some days I will have a 100 cal bread with it and a fruit. Yummy! Since I have been laid off (just like you Samantha) I will also make oatmeal with quick oats, blueberries, chopped apples, and cinnamon. I also try to eat every 3 hours.
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat steel cut Irish Oatmeal with a little milk and sugar. I will also add in nuts, apples or raisins for variety

12610656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • On workdays, a smoothie with kale, frozen blueberries or frozen raspberries, protein powder and ground flaxseed meal for the fiber and Omega-3. Tastes great and it's around 340 calories. On weekends, either wheat toast with peanut butter or an egg. I'll splurge and have a piece of bacon as well.
  • knitincrazee
    knitincrazee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! Through the week when I work I have oatmeal and a banana and then about 9 am I have an apple. Oh and there is always black coffee with the breakfast. Weekends I have more time, so I tend to whip up an egg white omelet..
  • knitincrazee
    Options
    Congrats on the loss~! Love the tracker...:smile:
  • knitincrazee
    Options
    cclark I'd love the recipe.. Do you have the calorie count to go with it? I've been on ww and attending meetings but can no longer afford that, so I'm here....
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    cclark, I would also like to have the recipe - it sounds delicious!
  • cclark1203
    Options
    I will post the recipe here today. I used the recipe creator to figure out the calories but they will change dependent upon what you put into yours.
  • cclark1203
    Options
    I will post the recipe here today. I used the recipe creator to figure out the calories but they will change dependent upon what you put into yours.
    Make sure you message me how you like them and if you used any variants! Always interested in new ideas. Sorry it too me so long but here is the basic recipe. This last time I added some of my protein powder to try to up the protein a lilttle bit and while it was good, it was a little bit drier than I liked and the bottom stuck to the pan. But, it was really tasty, nonetheless. My 17 year old daughter loves them with mini choc. chips and no nuts (allergy). I would think you could use many other variations, I was thinking about trying some chopped apple next time.
    Serves 8
    2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
    1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates (I love it with dates, seems to be sweeter)
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    2 large ripe bananas, mashed
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (optional but I always use it)
    1 tablespoon date sugar (optional and I have never used it)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl until well combined. Press into a 9x9 inch baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, cut into squares or bars.

However you decide to make them put it into the recipe creator to get your exact calories.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Lot's of protein at breakfast for me. A protein shake of 1 c cold coffee, 1 c unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops of eas whey protein powder either chocolate or vanilla, shake and enjoy. Sometimes I supplement with 2 egg whites + 1 whole egg scrambled. I spike 1 day/week so on that day I start off with a huge bowl of oatmeal w/ peanut butter and banana added in.