Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE NOT A LOUSY HEAD OF HOUSE!!!
    Couldn't agree more! Cut yourself some slack. :smile:

Sorry not to be coming up with suggestions myself but I'm brain dead and generally frazzled right now.
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Helping Bron out this week with the weekly challenge

(Starting after check-in between 12/2 - 12/5
    and ending with check-in between 12/9 - 12/12) i hope i got the dates right (sorry if i didnt)

OWLS: 1 LEG SQUATS... 1 RIGHT 1 LEFT = 1 REP. 1 POINT FOR EACH REP YOU DO WITH NO LIMIT
    here is a link to tell you how to do them: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/abs/exercises/ab-exercises/?page=1

NEWTS: keep your sugar intake in check. try not to go over your MFP sugar goal. for each day you stay under or meet it perfectly you get 5 newt points (35 total for the week)

have fun and good luck everyone I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I Found this to be awesome and makes me want to go back to college. Just got a text from my niece. She is convinced Hogwarts
    is hidden somewhere in the girls bathroom at the college she goes to. Apparently kutztown college is having a Yule ball just like in Harry potter! How awesome is that! I just had to share (spew). Who wants to go back to college w me if only for that reason?

That and the Quidditch teams! I want to play real live Quidditch!! The yule ball sounds real cool too. I get dibs on Ron!!

you can have Ron i want grown up Neville.. damn that boy got HOTTT!!!!
    You ain't lyin' about Neville! I was shocked at how hot is. Still, Ron has my heart and always will. See ya at the Ball!!
  • MindyBlack
    Options

and ending with check-in between 12/9 - 12/12) i hope i got the dates right (sorry if i didnt)

OWLS: 1 LEG SQUATS... 1 RIGHT 1 LEFT = 1 REP. 1 POINT FOR EACH REP YOU DO WITH NO LIMIT
    here is a link to tell you how to do them: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/abs/exercises/ab-exercises/?page=1

NEWTS: keep your sugar intake in check. try not to go over your MFP sugar goal. for each day you stay under or meet it perfectly you get 5 newt points (35 total for the week)

Thanks for the challenges! You are so sweet to help Bron!
    Bron, you are not a lousy headmistress. Even Dumbledore needed help from McGonagall. We love you and appreciate all you do to keep our school running.
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Didn't really do much of anything this week. Been fighting off a cold like it's nobody's business. Finally got some antibiotics!

CW:204.5
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Here are the challenges we should have been doing for the last week, which we're now reporting on, to save everyone from looking them up.

OWL (exercise): Lunges!
    Scoring: (one left + one right = 1 lunge). Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Try to reach your protein goal as a minimum as many days as you can this week. 5 NEWTS per day, 35 NEWTS total possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room. Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    NOW - the exciting news for me - I've lost 1.75lb! :bigsmile:
    (some of which was TOM but still tremendously exciting because it takes me so close to my goal)

GOALS
    New Year's Day 119 - My GOAL WEIGHT of Eight and a half stone!

WEIGHTS
    25th July 130
    1st August 129.5
    10th August 128.5
    15th August 127.9
    22nd August 127
    29th August 127.3
    5th September 125
    12th September 123.2
    19th September 123
    28th November 121.5
    5th December 119.75

CW 119.75
    OWL 10
    NEWT 20
    SPEW 5
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Check in time!

CW: 148.5
    OWLS: 15
    NEWTS: 0, I forgot about the protein thingy
    HP: 856
    SPEW:6
  • TourThePast
    Options
    According to Bronwenhilary's blog we're now trying out a different scoring mechanism, I think it's much fairer than a no limit challenge because it allows people of different levels of fitness to challenge themselves, so I hope it works out. :smile:
    Bronwenhilary
    **For OWLs: Set yourself a daily goal of how many of the exercise you're going to aim to do. You earn 5 OWLs for meeting/exceeding your goal, 3 OWLs if you make it halfway to your goal, and 1 OWL if you try to do some but don't make it at least halfway to your goal.
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning Gryffindors! Checking in.
    Cw- 164.4!
    Owls- 10
    Newts- 25
    HP- 360
    SPEW- Sorry, I didn't have a chance to post anything more than just my stats. I hope this week I can write more!
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Checking in!!

Current Weight: 175

OWLs: 5

NEWTs: 25

SPEWs:2

House Points: 454

Hope everyone has a great week!! Let's go Gryffindor!
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 152.8 lbs
    Today: 153.0 lbs >:(
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    House Points: Monday, Nov 28th to Sunday, Dec 4th totalled 755 Minutes = 755 Points
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Difficult week

Last Monday: 197 lbs
    Today: 197 lbs
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    House 225Points:
    Spews: 1
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hey there Gryffindors! Monday check in:

CW: 161 (down 1 pound!)
    OWLS: 25
    NEWTS: 20 (i was always good on protein until i worked out)
    Spew: 2
    HP: 565
  • jls1661
    Options
    So not looking forward to NEWTS this week! I eat a lot of friut and veggies and that always blows my sugar over the goal, which in my opinion is really lame. That being said, I'll do my best.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    12/5/11
    CW: 137.6
    GW : 1/1/2012 (Hard to believe 2012 is so close!) 135
    OWL: lunges = 35
    NEWT: protein = 20
    SPEW: chat = 3
    HP: exercise minutes = 100

Everyone have a great week! And remember, you can pass up the chocolates that are offered to you!
  • belleforte
    belleforte Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    CW: 155
    HP: 280
    OWLS:0
    NEWTS: 0
    SPEW:0

Have a great week, Gryffs!

12338185.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    So not looking forward to NEWTS this week! I eat a lot of friut and veggies and that always blows my sugar over the goal, which in my opinion is really lame. That being said, I'll do my best.

I was looking for OWLS and NEWTS for the week and can't find them. Didn't see them on Brom's blog. Can you help please!
  • jls1661
    Options

Here you go starjam25, good luck!!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    According to Bronwenhilary's blog we're now trying out a different scoring mechanism, I think it's much fairer than a no limit challenge because it allows people of different levels of fitness to challenge themselves, so I hope it works out. :smile:
    Bronwenhilary
    **For OWLs: Set yourself a daily goal of how many of the exercise you're going to aim to do. You earn 5 OWLs for meeting/exceeding your goal, 3 OWLs if you make it halfway to your goal, and 1 OWL if you try to do some but don't make it at least halfway to your goal.

This is also posted by Bron on page two. So I think that's what we're going for now? Rather than just unlimited reps, setting our own goals to challenge ourselves while leveling the playing field a bit.