Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you all an update and the reason why I haven't posted any OWLs or NEWTs this week - I've been at the hospital since Sunday night and just got home last night. Drs thought I had pneumonia but it's just a really really bad lung infection.

So this week, (even though it's half over already) create your own OWLs and NEWTs. Let us know what you plan to do!

Sorry to hear that! I hope you're feeling better!

This week I have been focusing on trying to stay under 1360 calories. I guess I'll count that as my NEWTs. I'm not sure about my OWLs... the only exercise goal I've had this week is to keep the abs I've worked so hard for by doing crunches every day, but I haven't been keeping track of which days I've done them so far!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been MIA as I've been on holiday to Egypt, I got back late last night, after our plane was diverted to Munich to let off a passenger who collapsed on board and needed medical attention, high drama! Holiday was amazing but it was all inclusive and my diet took the brunt, 5 lbs on! :( However, determined to drop 1/2 stone before Christmas so back to the gym tomorrow.

Todays weight: 276 lbs

+ 5lbs.

No NEWTS or OWLS as been away for two weeks, sorry!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Kinda fell off the calorie wagon at the end of the week so only 5 newts for me but 7 owls - I was REALLY aggressive about the extra walks this week.

Down .8lbs!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Since I kinda joined in this group late-ish I didn't have any NEWTs or OWLs for the week.
    I weighed in Friday, but forgot to post on here ^^;

I lost .6lbs, not too good, but also not bad :D
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Will claim 7 newts and 7 owls as I have have been under on calories and have exercised quite a bit, every day.

No weight loss. 1315 exercise minutes for 14769 calories burned.

Hope everyone is doing great!!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Since I kinda joined in this group late-ish I didn't have any NEWTs or OWLs for the week.
    I weighed in Friday, but forgot to post on here ^^;

I lost .6lbs, not too good, but also not bad :D

I think that's just fine! The measure of success every week should be how well you stick to your plan, not whether your weight goes down. Your weight from week to week is something you can't really count on - bodies are weird and you might lose 3 lbs one week and then nothing for 2 weeks -- but over those 3 weeks if you are sticking to your plan then every week was a success regardless of what the scale says.

Mac -
    I am too lazy to add up my minutes tonight. I'll do it in the morning.

PS Hope you're feeling better!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    7 Newt 5 Owls
    439 minutes 2897 calories
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    5 OWLS 7 NEWTS
    I made goals walking 30 min each day and drinking atleast 8oz of water each day.

150 excercise minutes
    down to 156.8 so .2lbs weight loss.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Got about an hour of exercise

and lost 0.6 pounds. - 293 even
  • tameko2
    Options
    450 minutes, 2426 calories burned
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone! Keep those numbers coming!!! I'm so glad that you all kept going in my absence. I feel like I've been a horrible Head of House, but I also know that I can't control when I get sick!

I have created the blog post for the OWLs and NEWTs for this week. They can be found on my December Blog post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MacSkillz/view/december-slytherin-house-challenges-175952

Keep up the amazing work everyone!!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    new weight 172.4 (yay 1 lb!!)
    exercise minutes 252
  • james8008
    Options
    0 lb loss/gain

Exercise minutes: 260

Calories burned: 3,175

7 NEWT's (Drink 8 glasses of water a day)

5 OWL's (Do 100 pushups per day)
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Down 3.6lbs (!!)
    Exercise minutes 245
    OWLS 3, NEWTS 7
    (I made them: do my C25K all three times - did not happen!-, and drink more than 8 glasses of water)
  • tameko2
    Options

Oh I'm totally going to do 10 pushups every day this week! that's a good goal.

I'm sure you meant 10 instead of`100 right? RIGHT? :wink:

Josie - just do your day 3 this week - as long as you don't have TOO much time in between it doesn't matter if you do all 3 in one week. You can give yourself 2 rest days in between if you need to.
  • james8008
    Options

Oh I'm totally going to do 10 pushups every day this week! that's a good goal.

I'm sure you meant 10 instead of`100 right? RIGHT? :wink:

Josie - just do your day 3 this week - as long as you don't have TOO much time in between it doesn't matter if you do all 3 in one week. You can give yourself 2 rest days in between if you need to.

I definitely mean 100 Pushups per day :D
  • james8008
    Options
    Tameko, I am desperately waiting for Dialbo 3 to come out as well! Did you play much Diablo 2 online? I used to be hardcore addicted to that game. Maybe we can play online when 3 comes out!
  • tameko2
    Options
    I didn't play much diablo 2 - actually a few weeks ago one of our online friends (from WoW) came and stayed with us (he won tickets to blizzcon) so the 3 of us installed Diablo 3 and played a networked game.

We got the insane idea to go to the blizzcon before this last one though, and I got to play Diablo 3 at the demo section. (There was a pretty hefty demo available - 15 minutes or so if you knew what you were doing and exactly where to go, and longer if you didn't). I've been amped up for it ever since -it was just plain FUN and they've made some minor adjustments that take away some of the pains from Diablo 2 -- which like I said, I didn't play much but people assure me its going to be great.

What I really liked about it was the overall smoothness -- I mean take Diablo 2, then give it a 2010 graphics and game engine. How do you LOSE!? HOW?! When its out we should definitely play - there's a girl in one of my other MFP groups that's also super excited about it. Of course, at the rate blizzard is going it should only be another...year? three? (I actually do think it will happen in 2012, they've already pushed their timelines out like 3 times)

I'm going to start the hundred pushups program I think - I don't know if I'll finish it but I don't work on them on my own and pushups are a good workout. I could probably do 30 a day (in sets) right now but I really haven't made much improvement -- maybe its normal, I started out on my knees and then it seemed like I got up to 10 regular ones in a row pretty well, but after 10 I don't see that I'm constantly pushing towards 11-12-etc
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late, last week was crappy. I got down to a new low of 227, but I gained 7 this weekend. 233.6 was my weigh in this morning, and I didn't get any OWLs or NEWTs. Sorry everyone, really crappy week.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Weight is the same.

752 exercise minutes, 2361 calories burned (that's a lot better than I thought I did!).

5 NEWTs (for NEWTs I wanted to stay under my calorie goal).

4 OWLs (for OWLs I chose doing at least 150 crunches per day).

I'm looking forward to the wall sits! I did well with my protein today. Looks like a lot of eggs are going to be eaten this week!