xoxMandyxox
xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
This is for those members looking to lose weight ^_^
Chat it up, make friends, and seek/give advice :smile:

Replies

• dlmadeja
    dlmadeja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well, my name is Danielle and I have always struggled with my weight. Last year my mom gave me a big push into losing weight and since then I have lost about 40 lbs. I would have probably lost more but I went through an upheaval in my personal life involving breaking up with my fiancee, moving out of my apartment and moving back home. So now that I'm adjusted to single life and being back home, I'm ready to attack my weight with a vengeance! I am currently 241.6 and I'm hoping to be down to 235 by the end of the year so I can start off the year with a bang! I would love to lose 50 lbs before June 1st and then be down to 160 by the end of the year. If I can't reach those amazing goals I would at least like to be into 1-derland by the end of the year. If anyone wants to add me and have me for extra support, you are more than welcome! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and accomplishing our goals this year :D
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hello

im charlotte and wanting to loose around 40lbs which is proving easyer said than done atm! he scales dont seem to be moving for me atm but going to keep going at it. im a mum to 2 kids a son and daughter who likes to keep me on my toes! lookin forward to getting to my goal weight!

hello danielle! how are you finding single life? hoping you manage to reach your goals! best of luck

xx
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    :happy: Hi ladies!

I'm looking to lose at least 30 pounds. Which isn't as hard as I'm making it :laugh: I've been eating like crap and slacking in the exercise department, though today is going pretty well.

I had half an English muffin for breakfast, snacked on some nuts until lunch (1.5 ounces), and a turkey, spinach, cheese, and Dijon mustard sandwich on a whole wheat pita pocket for lunch. Dinner is another 300 or so calories, but I don't think I'll be going over 1300 calories today :smile:

Does anyone else not worry about their net calories? Ever since I stopped striving to get my net calories up to 1200, I started losing weight easier. Granted, I still get around 1100 net calories a day, but even so XD
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Nannette everyone calls me Net. I would like to loose 50-60 pound by June 22 2012. I have been struggling with my weight since I have my 1st child she will will 7 in FEB. I did not loose all the baby weight then I and my son in 2008 and gain some more weight I got back down to my pre pregency with my son but since then gain about 20 more pounds. I am in a size 14 and weiging 200 and this is the heavyist I have ever been. I think it is starting to affect my life with my kids, and social life. Last week I told myself it is enought I join the gym and last week i went 3 times and felt alot better after words. I have a plan to work out but struggling with the eating habits. If I can just stick to working out and changing the eating habits my goal should not be that hard to reach. I konw it can be done. I wish every one good luck with the journey for 2012.
  • PrincessCorinne
    PrincessCorinne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Danielle - my goals are very similar to yours! You will make the 235 mark if you just stay focused on the prize :-)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else not worry about their net calories? Ever since I stopped striving to get my net calories up to 1200, I started losing weight easier. Granted, I still get around 1100 net calories a day, but even so XD
    No. I need to eat around 1300-1500 calories to lose weight. Period. Workouts hardly change this, I've found. And I don't feel comfortable eating more just cause I "can". I just wanna feel satisfied.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds which is harder than it should be. I also struggle with PCOS so that isn't helping the process. I recently went off the pill and gained a bit of weight because of it. I'm fairly good on the exercise part (I can be really consistent but if I miss a day or two it can sometimes set me back to square one but for the most part I'm good with working out often enough) but on the food part I suck. I HATE counting calories and logging everything I eat (too much work). My plan is just to eat correct portion sizes and to try to only eat when hungry and try to eat fairly healthy things, and avoid as much processed foods as I can.
  • dlmadeja
    Options

hello danielle! how are you finding single life? hoping you manage to reach your goals! best of luck

Hey! I'm loving single life because it allows me to concentrate on me and me alone. It's the kindof selfish behavior I need right now because my relationship took soo much out of me. I'm thinking when I slim down I will consider dating again :D
  • dlmadeja
    Options
    Danielle - my goals are very similar to yours! You will make the 235 mark if you just stay focused on the prize :-)

Thanks!!! I really hope that I make them. Sometimes I look at them and think "not too bad" and other times I think "how the heck am I going to do this!!" Hopefully I can make this into a lifestyle so I can continue this beyond just losing the weight :) Thanks for the support!
  • dlmadeja
    Options
    No. I need to eat around 1300-1500 calories to lose weight. Period. Workouts hardly change this, I've found. And I don't feel comfortable eating more just cause I "can". I just wanna feel satisfied.

I have always thought of my workout calories as bonus calories. You don't eat them away but use them for extra burn and a better scale number on the AM :)
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    And I don't feel comfortable eating more just cause I "can". I just wanna feel satisfied.

I'm the same way! I don't exercise more so I can eat more. When I exercise it's because I feel like I'm really doing something about the weight loss, not for the food. If I just eat back my calories, what's the point?

To be honest, I never heard about eating back exercise calories until I joined this site.
  • dlmadeja
    Options
    I think weight watchers allows you to eat back your points but I have never agreed with that system
  • heavens_calm
    heavens_calm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang,

My name is Tisha, I'm 26, no kids except a boyfriend that doesn't grow up. I quit smoking in November (Day 31 today) and I've been pushing myself to exercise and eat healthy because I didn't want to gain a ton a weight from quitting. So far I've hovered around the 175lbs mark, but I would love to lose 40 lbs by the end of the world, urrr I mean the end of 2012.

I bought an elliptical with the money I saved from quitting smoking, and I make a point to walk as much as possible. I managed to get down to 147lbs (smallest I've been since I was 12 years old) after having my gallbladder out a couple years ago but I've gained it all back slowly. It was pretty heart breaking as I've tried to watch my diet and exercise and watch the scale creep back up - but it won't beat me!

Looking forward to getting to know you all - feel free to add me :)
  • charlotte66
    Options

Hey! I'm loving single life because it allows me to concentrate on me and me alone. It's the kindof selfish behavior I need right now because my relationship took soo much out of me. I'm thinking when I slim down I will consider dating again :D

glad your loving it! as a friend of mines used to say you gotta look after number 1 you! (she didnt have kids etc tho lol)

alot of the time altho i love my partner dearly i think it would be easyer i loose weight without him lol. hes always coming in with chocolate, wine, sweets etc after work but its a mountain i shall have to conquer not to give into temptation!!
  • charlotte66
    Options
    :happy: Hi ladies!

I'm looking to lose at least 30 pounds. Which isn't as hard as I'm making it :laugh: I've been eating like crap and slacking in the exercise department, though today is going pretty well.

I had half an English muffin for breakfast, snacked on some nuts until lunch (1.5 ounces), and a turkey, spinach, cheese, and Dijon mustard sandwich on a whole wheat pita pocket for lunch. Dinner is another 300 or so calories, but I don't think I'll be going over 1300 calories today :smile:

i dont worry about my net calories only time i look at them is when im in the minus and think ohh should i bump them up but then think nah because im not starving myself and they are only like that when i do loadz of exercise so not very often :laugh:
  • pelican37
    pelican37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I turned 30 this year and decided I needed to get myself back on track, thus, my goal is to lose at least 30 lbs. I have challeneged myself to drinking more water, exercising at least 6 days a week and making smarter food choices. And this time actually tracking my net calorie intake. So far I'm down 9lbs....

The additional water intake is really helping...i know my struggles will be all of the holiday parties lined up; I have one every weekend (Any tips for eating healthier at holiday events??) I will continue the exercise goal of working out 6 days/wk...holiday shopping and walking through the malls has assisted me reaching my workout goals but I do fear that I will gain or lose motivation over the next few weeks...

3432445.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • dlmadeja
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I turned 30 this year and decided I needed to get myself back on track, thus, my goal is to lose at least 30 lbs. I have challeneged myself to drinking more water, exercising at least 6 days a week and making smarter food choices. And this time actually tracking my net calorie intake. So far I'm down 9lbs....

The additional water intake is really helping...i know my struggles will be all of the holiday parties lined up; I have one every weekend (Any tips for eating healthier at holiday events??) I will continue the exercise goal of working out 6 days/wk...holiday shopping and walking through the malls has assisted me reaching my workout goals but I do fear that I will gain or lose motivation over the next few weeks...

3432445.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Like my mother likes to say, If you can diet through the holidays you can diet anytime of the year :D
  • charlotte66
    Options
    hello

how are you all?

well here the weather is horrible! very strong winds lastnite of 90+mph street lites were blown down, petrol station roofs ripped off, tiles falling off roofs into car windscreens, power cuts, trees falling down even wind tubines blew up! :noway: trampolenes blew onto the street rolling around outside theres a video on youtube and its like a massive tumble weed rolling past somones window :laugh: (not funny but did have a little chuckle) lorrys were even turned over on the roads. good old caithness winter weather! lights are flickering today so must get my butt in gear and make bottles incase power goes off so atleast little guy has bottles
  • Bunnyfufu87
    Options
    Hi I'm April I am looking to lose 199 pounds in all, but my goal for 2012 is 96 pounds.
    That is 2 pounds a week!
    Currently I am 364 pounds hopefully by the end of this month I'll hit 346 mark.

Statistics
    age 24
    height 6ft
    current weight 364
    healthy weight 160
    goal weight for the year 268
    Plan 1800 calories a day
    3,000 cal burn a week
    428 cal burn a day
  • xoxMandyxox
    Options
    I went to the doctor earlier this week. I'm 4 pounds heavier than I thought, and I have a new goal of 120-114 pounds, which is the lowest I can go before I become underweight. I have an appointment for the 11th (Jan.) with my doctor to go over routine blood work and what have you, and I hope to be at least 4 pounds lighter, if not 8 (2 pounds a week would be a huge change for me, and I'm not sure I can reach that, though.)

How's everyone doing?