Set-backs and venting!

Options

Replies

• Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    STUPID TOM!!! GRRRR! Ruining my numbers!

I hear ya!!!!!!! GrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRR I feel like I've put on two dress sizes overnight! I haven't of course but I do feel like a puffer fish!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I feel you guys, I've been wanting to eat constantly. However, I'm still sticking to my cals so I'm okay.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Here's my vent.
    I can't stop eating!! I KNOW I'm not hungry, yet all I want to do is eat.
    I am THISCLOSE to hitting my final goal of 120lbs (I'm 5foot even). It's taken me over a year to get here and only NOW does it seem I can't stop the munchies. I did SO WELL all this time. Until now. I'm getting more disappointed because my HRM is showing such small numbers (I know it's because I don't burn as much being smaller than I was)....but the disappointment isn't because the burn is small, it's because I only worked out so I could eat and it's not enough. :grumble:

I'm in the same boat! I'm at goal weight (I think?) and now all I want to do is eat, eat, eat! It's horrible. I worked so hard to get down and now I feel like I'm in danger of going back up. WTH?!
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    SCREAM! 1.5 gain. WTH! Stay within 1200, try to keep carbs low (125) exercise 45-60/4 times a week. Not sure what to do now.
    I felt that I watched closely this week and exercises a bit more, but I had a bad feeling about my Friday morning weigh-in, but didn't think it would increase! #$%^

I've always said that moderation is the key, but I guess I'm wrong. I guess I should live off of peanut butter, apples, V8, and green beans.
    Sorry I'm so negative this morning. 2-3 pound loss per month is getting to me and then when I gain.....

Friends-I truly hope that your efforts aren't this bad.

Here's some changes I made and let me know if you have any other advise.
    Changed calories from 1150 to 1200 and went with all the MFP recommendations, except decreased the carb to 125.
    Changed my exercise goals from 4/week at 30minutes to 4/week at 45 minutes.

I don't know if this matters, but I'm 5'2" and some people think it's ok to drop the calorie level abit, like 1000-1100. Any thoughts on that?

Are you eating back your exercise calories? If you are NOT eating them back, then it is highly likely that you aren't getting ENOUGH calories to fuel your body, and therefor it has gone into starvation mode. If you ARE eating them back, and still having trouble, you could try 2 things (along with strength training)...up your cals to 1250-1300 and see if that makes a difference or try lowering them slightly, but not for long as stated above. Just experiment and see what works for you!
  • peacheshka
    peacheshka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can't stop eating! Total had bad end of week feel like sh**. Haven't lost any for like three days it keeps fluctuating! Hating it and have no energy either blah blah blah
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Twice this week I ate waaay to much, and I wasn't even really that hungry. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling well, and I went for my comfort foods. And then I feel guilty after because I know I shouldn't have, but I did anyway. Definitely something I need to work on. :-/
  • Ittee
    Options
    Sorry ninja and peach that you guys overindulged. I definitely know the feeling as of late. Something about the winter makes most of us want to put on weight (to stay warm?) (to hibernate?).
    Whatever the case may be, it's just important to remember to hop back on the wagon and keep going.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    This week just seems horrible. I feel like I've been eating okay and I've been working out almost every day and I feel like I should be seeing a difference from the last few weeks but instead I'm feeling worse...I feel...chunky...lol Or rather just chubby? Ugh. It's starting to just make me feel hopeless.
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    TODAY WAS MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY AND GAAAAAAAH I MEAN I LOVE HER AND EVERYTHING AND I'M REALLY HAPPY THAT IT'S HER BIRTHDAY BUT SHE HAD TO GET PANDA EXPRESS FOR DINNER AND THEN WE HAD A BIG FAT CHOCOLATE CAKE PLUS ICECREAM!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH I'LL HAVE TO STARVE MYSELF FOR THE NEXT YEAR TO CANCEL OUT ALL THOSE MILLIONS OF CALORIES!!!!

i'm not really gonna starve myself, btw's :P
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Mymag, I know how you feel! I've had the same issue lately with all the "luncheons" at work. I haven't overindulged TOO MUCH but I've definitely went over my calories a few times.
  • Ittee
    Options
    So in trying to be all beastly and "take it to the extreme" as my workout dvd says, I now have a hip labral tear. Honestly, I thought it was just sore muscles and so have been stretching it, still pushing myself for another 2.5 weeks before finally making a doctor appt. Now I don't know my limits (will hopefully find out Tuesday) and have been taking it easy, but really?! Right when I feel like I hit my stride with exercise, and I was considering starting up running too.
    Grrr. Hopefully, I'll find out my limits, that it's not that bad once the MRI comes back, and I will be in the swing of it after the holidays. But even a few weeks off seems so long. And, I still have an eating issue now that I'm trying to find maintence. I eat waaaay too much for maintence. And now exercise isn't as good to compensate for it.
  • phatphd
    Options
    Hi all! As a fellow shortie (4'8"), I've been pretty frustrated by this whole weight loss process, but have persevered. I'm now only 5 lbs away from goal, but it's been more than 2 months since I've seen any loss (scale or measuring tape). I keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs and every time I see the scale go up, I just want to cry. I've been eating 100% clean, staying within my calorie goal, and working out hard. I'm a runner - I run 3 short runs and 1 long run per week - and I also weight train 2 days a week. I'm just starting to feel so hopeless - why try SO hard when I'm not seeing any benefit?

Are there any others out there who are my height or smaller who have experienced a lengthy plateau? How many calories are you taking in per day? And what helped you break the plateau?
  • Ittee
    Options
    phatphd: with all the cardio and weight training, you should be upping your calories considerable. While strength training doesn't "burn calories" like running, for example, it does have a cardio effect on your body, especially if you push to muscle fatigue. Try to do carbs more in the morning and proteins later in the day. Avoid foods that are high in sodium for the water retention.
    I would say your best bet would be to up your calories for a couple of weeks and see what that does. Otherwise, it sounds like you're spot on. Grats on being where you're at, and if you continue to stay, perhaps reassess what your goal weight should be.
  • phatphd
    Options
    phatphd: with all the cardio and weight training, you should be upping your calories considerable. While strength training doesn't "burn calories" like running, for example, it does have a cardio effect on your body, especially if you push to muscle fatigue. Try to do carbs more in the morning and proteins later in the day. Avoid foods that are high in sodium for the water retention.
    I would say your best bet would be to up your calories for a couple of weeks and see what that does. Otherwise, it sounds like you're spot on. Grats on being where you're at, and if you continue to stay, perhaps reassess what your goal weight should be.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I think part of me feels better just knowing someone's listening!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to lose any weight. :( I've GAINED weight since joining (I think partly has to do with having PCOS and going off the pill a few months ago) and I've always gained inches (at least in stomach, my waist has gone up by 2-3 inches. :( enough to make me cry)

I know my abs are stronger. I can definitely feel them much more...but I don't want the added inches!!! I can't fit into half my jeans.

I'm getting so stressed and frustrated that I just want to cry. I was working out a fair amount before November 3rd when my mother in law passed away then everything went downhill. And I've been struggling to get a job and stressing about that. And it just hasn't gotten any better. I'm praying I'll find a job in January because I'm in desperate need of one. I'm close to pennies in my bank account. :( And now this. Stressing because I can't fit into half my pants...and can't afford to buy new ones (not that I want to buy bigger fricken pants)

ARRGGGHHH!! I just want to cry right now. I'm so stressed and none of this is helping.
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My Venting....
    I've been doing so well, but every time I succeed mfp lowers my daily calories. Well, I've been doing pretty good - right around my goal of 1200 calories - more or less. Only every time I'm more, even by a little bit, I dont' get the satisfaction from mfp to say I was under my goal for the day. seriously 1220 calories in a day and I get no mfp praise???

I gave in tonight and changed my goal to 1/2lb/week loss and now have just over 1400 calories per day. Even though I'll try to stay closer to the 1200 end, I like the buffer room :) I can still get my seal of approval from mfp on a nightly basis. ha.
  • hayjessmum
    hayjessmum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OK can anybody tell me whether this is true or not? When it is that time of the month can you weigh heavier (and how much heavier)???? I've only been doing this 3 weeks and was losing but this week, no way, weighed heavier. I'm feeling quite depressed about it (and of course wanting to eat crap) because I've been trying to eat well and according to my diary have been coming in under my weekly limit. I'm hoping it's because it's "that time". But it doesn't make me feel any better! And I haven't yet taken my measurements to know whether they have changed. Help!!!!???
  • shanalivee
    Options
    i have been eating healthier for a month and at first dropped 3 pounds but now i am at the end of the month and those pounds are back! i am not motivated to keep going!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr i want to drop 10 pounds and just move on to dropping more but not dropping anything at all is frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    OK can anybody tell me whether this is true or not? When it is that time of the month can you weigh heavier (and how much heavier)???? I've only been doing this 3 weeks and was losing but this week, no way, weighed heavier. I'm feeling quite depressed about it (and of course wanting to eat crap) because I've been trying to eat well and according to my diary have been coming in under my weekly limit. I'm hoping it's because it's "that time". But it doesn't make me feel any better! And I haven't yet taken my measurements to know whether they have changed. Help!!!!???

Absolutely true. I am heavier a day before my period and for the first 2 days of my period. I weigh in way heavier - sometimes around 1.5kg which is a massive distance! Good news is that it really does go very quickly and you're back on track :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain about 3lbs of water weight during my period.

Its just water and will go away once its over. If you keep eating properly youll lose the water AND the weight for a nice new low weight after its all finished!