Introductions

Options
shadea4455
shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
Hi everyone, thought we could use this to introduce ourselves, share our goals, goal weights, etc.

I'm Ashley, I'm 5'6... My highest weight was 230, but I'm currently at 206. My goal weight is 180 right now, because that is when my body fat % should hit the healthy range. Then I plan to reassess and see how much more I want to lose. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• alexis92
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Thanks for inviting me into the group!

My name is Alexis. My highest weight was about 175 in September 2010. That's when I started college. In January 2011, I joined MFP at 170 and over the course of this year have lost about 20 lbs, putting me at 148ish. I am a performer, so it's important for me to lose weight, not only for my health, but for casting and performance purposes (I want to look good up there!). I'd like to lose about 20 more lbs, putting me at a total of 40-45 lbs lost! Feel free to add me!
  • pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeay well done on making the group! :) Hi im pip, Im 5'6 and am currently at 195 and would like to get down to 160 to be in a healthy range for me. I would like to do this by august 2012 as am going on holiday to florida then. This group will be great for anyone who needs a bit of motivation! We can do this ladies! :D
  • jmgcummins
    jmgcummins Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6 as well. I started at 175, with a long (long long long) term goal of being 140. So I'd like to drop a total of 35 pounds. I've lost 17 so far. Once I hit 150 I'm going to change my goal to losing 1/2 a pound a week, so the last 10 will take a long time, but I'm happy with that. 150 is what I was when I got pregnant with my daughter.
  • jmgcummins
    Options
    I sent requests to all of you :)
  • shadea4455
    Options
    Hi Ashley! Thanks for inviting me into the group!

My name is Alexis. My highest weight was about 175 in September 2010. That's when I started college. In January 2011, I joined MFP at 170 and over the course of this year have lost about 20 lbs, putting me at 148ish. I am a performer, so it's important for me to lose weight, not only for my health, but for casting and performance purposes (I want to look good up there!). I'd like to lose about 20 more lbs, putting me at a total of 40-45 lbs lost! Feel free to add me!

Very cool! What kind of performing do you do??
  • shadea4455
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you! I'm glad you all joined :)

What do you guys think about having weekly challenges?
  • swatts7622
    swatts7622 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well I am 5'8 hope that is ok! Also want to lose 40 ish pounds by my 27th birthday in August!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Ali. I'm 5"6. When I started on MFP I was 197 lbs (although had lost some weight before that so was definitely over 200 at my highest point, but I prefer not to remember that!) I have lost 5lbs - but it's taken me over 2 1/2 months to do that and I really need to get more motivated about this. Hoping that joining this group might help me! I'm aiming for 150lbs, which would be in that lovely "healthy" range. So another 42 lbs to go!
  • jmgcummins
    Options
    Well I am 5'8 hope that is ok! Also want to lose 40 ish pounds by my 27th birthday in August!

Tall people! Lol. I always wished I was 2 inches taller.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!

I only discovered this site a week ago, but am finding it very encouraging, and I love reading the Recipes Message Board for ideas. I have lost 27 pounds in the last 3 months, and know that I will need to keep working hard to get to my goal of 150. I know from experience that maintaining is actually harder than losing, so I am hoping to use this site to keep on track (and keep myself accountable).

I had Lap Band surgery about 4 years ago and got down to my goal weight of 150 (down from a top weight of 260), but over the past years slowly started to gain the weight back. I was back up to 210, when I got back "on the wagon" a couple of months ago. I am determined to get back to 150 - I felt great there!

Here's to a successful journey to all !!
  • jmgcummins
    Options

I like weekly challenges.
  • mals422
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Mallory. I'm currently 166 lbs, aiming for 150 and then probably 140. My high weight was 189, and my body seems to really like it at 177 or so. I've spent quite a bit of time at 177 in my life, but I'm hoping not to go back there again!
  • pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Yeah i think thats a great idea! we could have weekly weigh ins aswell :) what do you guys think of starting jillians 30 day shred at the start of january?
  • shadea4455
    Options

Yeah i think thats a great idea! we could have weekly weigh ins aswell :) what do you guys think of starting jillians 30 day shred at the start of january?

I think that's a great idea... I have seen some amazing result pics on here of people doing 30ds and keep thinking I should do it, but then I don't lol. Plus, that will be a great way to jump start after the holidays!
  • Jermisha
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is jermisha and my highest weight was 217.5 and a couple months ago I started walking to Leslie Sansone workout dvds and now my weight is 212 lbs. My goal weight is 118lbs which is a healthy bmi of 19.1.
  • jmgcummins
    Options

I'll do the 30 day shred with you in January. I've been wanting to try it again.
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

I'm 5'6", my start weight was 185. I still have 20 or so to go. Question - how many calories are you eating per day? I can't quite seem to find the right number and lately my weight loss is SUPER slow. MFP says 1200 but a lot of people on here say to eat more. What works for you guys?

Thanks and I'm happy about this group!
    Laura
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ooo i'm down for jm 30ds come january! right now i'm doing her nmtz and it's fantastic!!!
  • Jermisha
    Options

I am in, I own 30 day shred! I am so ready to shed this excess weight!
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Zoe. Well my highest ever was 258lbs in February 2010, I joined MFP in September 2011 at 195 lbs , and since then I am down to 169 lbs now. My goal is to get to 150-145, hopefully by my Birthday at the end of April and graduation at the beginning of May. Good luck to everyone and Feel free to add