December 2nd Week Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello Everyone.

I must first apologize for my absence last week and lack of the mini challenges. I hope everybody still kept an eye on their diet and did some sort of exercise. I am going to post the entire week here for your reference and I will also do a short blurb on the home page every morning. Please feel free to comment on how you did with the challenges in either place.

:flowerforyou: Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Review your calorie intake and try to avoid empty calories such as food high in sugar. If you are a soda drinker make today a soda free day.
Cardio- go for a 45 minute brisk walk/ jog. Make sure to get your heart rate up.
Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)
:drinker: Water- drink 2-3 litres of water today.

:flowerforyou: Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Eat at least 6 times today. Have 3 main meals and 3 snacks of less that 100 calories each.
Cardio/strength- Do 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, and 10 lunges. Repeat this 4X's

:flowerforyou: Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Substitute one bad choice in your diet with 1 or 2 good choices. (ie grapes instead of cookies, carrot sticks instead of chips)
Cardio- do an interval work out. start with 5 minute warm up, then alternate 30 seconds jog/run with 1 minute walk (at least 8 times)
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push ups at your level

:flowerforyou: Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food- Carb Reduction. For one day cut your carbs in half and try to consume the majority of your carbs before your evening meal. Make sure they are good carbs.
Cardio- do a 30-45 minute cardio workout
Strength - do 10 standing dumbbell curls, 10 front arm raises, and 10 lateral raises. Repeat 4X's (you can find the videos on youtube)

:flowerforyou: Friday Mini Challenge:
Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.
Cardio- Do 30 - 45 minutes jump rope/stairs/jog on the spot etc. Anything that will get your heart rate up.
Strength- 10 squats, 10 rear lunge, and 10 diagonal lunge. Repeat 4X's

:flowerforyou: Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food- Make sure you are not snacking on bad foods. Keep your snacks healthy. (at least 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, nuts etc)
Cardio/Strength- Today is a good day to treat yourself. Maybe go for a stroll in the mall, spend some time with your family at the park, Do something that you enjoy doing.

:flowerforyou: Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food- make sure you are being honest with everything you consume.
Cardio/Strength- we all deserve a day of rest and relaxation so today is that day.

Please note that this is just a guide-line. I am by no means a professional in diet nor exercise and what I state here are things that I have learned and tried through my year long journey. Please go at your pace but make sure you challenge yourself. You will see results. This is all about supporting each other through some of the toughest days and celebrating our successes. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a great week.

Keep smiling :smile: :wink: :smile: ,
Donna

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Thanks Donna! I didn't lose anything last week...I had a feeling I didn't, which was sort if a surprise but I. Am about to start TOM so I think that might have something to do with it...and altho I didn't decent with my calories during the week I only worked out 4 times...not as many as I wantd! Only 2 and a half weeks til Cancun, so I need to pump it into gear!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks great challenges. i can't promise i can do all of them but I will certainly try. It is good to have something to shoot for and things to motivate you to do things that you wouldnt normally do. Have a good healthy active week.......:smile:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Done the workout part of day one! :D
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna!
    Is there a new spreadsheet? The one I have only goes to Dec 5th and then has space for measurements but not weight.
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Managed to avoid the dreaded office birthday cake...nibbled a little for so long I finally lost a taste for the cake and threw it away!..proud of myself! Going to have string cheese instead :-) no exercise tonight tho because I'm working both jobs today!...stay strong everyone!