Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• firealiceice
    firealiceice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alice and I want to be a part of Slytherin House! I've been trying to lose weight for what seems like forever and I know there's support here, so i'm hoping i can do it!:smile:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alice!

Erin - Damn you for reminding me about those stupid wall sits. I hate them so much.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm LOVING these challenges! Did my wall sits last night and tonight, and I've been doing great on my protein -- and it's making me feel really awesome physically! Is there a such thing as a protein high?? Yesterday I was just 4 under my daily protein goal, and tonight I'm already 22 over! Chipotle chicken bowl FTW.

Also, I bought some 4 lb hand weights tonight and used them with my wall sits :)
  • tameko2
    Options
    we had EXACTLY the same dinner, seriously. Well I mean the chicken bowl part. Fajita Veggies, black beans, guac?

Also, I swear I totally forgot about wall sits until I saw this. That is a true and honest mental blockage there.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Don't know if any of you checked in the Great Hall, but I've got TWO awesome announcements!!

1) We won the Quidditch Cup AGAIN for November!! This means that we had the highest percentage of weight lost last month out of the four houses!! Way to go everyone!! :happy:
    6pwg4l8

2)One of our own has been named Head Boy for the month of December for earning the most House Points overall - 4428 total!! Congratulations to Troy!!!! :drinker:
    89hq5lq
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As promised, here are the challenges for next week! We're going back to crunches and focusing on our carb intake this week!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MacSkillz/view/december-slytherin-house-challenges-175952
  • tameko2
    Options
    ooh carbs requires PLANNING. I dunno about them 300 crunches but I'll try. Wall sits defeated me, I hate thos.e
  • tameko2
    Options
    <_< no one posted this weekend. Oh well.

Down 1lb this week (kind of.... I changed my weigh in time).

355 exercise minutes.

Um. 3 ...OWLS and I am too lazy to figure out my newts but I'm guessing around 3. Did so-sop this week
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Whee. Yay. Do I get to come to the podium to make a speech? lol
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    951 exercise minutes for 10539 calories burned. 7 Owls. 0 Newts because I almost never have any net calories, so never got close on protein either. lol Weight loss: 2.2 pounds down to 176.
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    I am completely NOT SURPRISED that Troy made Head Boy! He always works so hard :)

2 lb loss this week!!
    834 exercise minutes
    2510 calories burned

3 NEWTs (I thought it was get anywhere higher than 5 under the goal so I went way over some of the days... oops! Only 3 days were within 5 on either side of the goal).
    7 OWLs (Loved the wall sits!)

The crunches goal is going to be way too easy for me... I already do about 150 a day. So I'm going to make my goal 300 crunches for the week while holding 8 lbs in weights!
    I read the carb one a few times to make sure I understood the NEWTs this time!! Shouldn't bee too hard, considering the eating habits I got into for the high protein week :)
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Don't know if any of you checked in the Great Hall, but I've got TWO awesome announcements!!

1) We won the Quidditch Cup AGAIN for November!! This means that we had the highest percentage of weight lost last month out of the four houses!! Way to go everyone!! :happy:
    6pwg4l8

2)One of our own has been named Head Boy for the month of December for earning the most House Points overall - 4428 total!! Congratulations to Troy!!!! :drinker:
    89hq5lq

Awesome, job, everyone! Everyone but me.... I know I did NOT contribute to the weight loss win :-P
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weight down 0.4lbs
    Not a single NEWT or OWL, haha
    Exercise minutes 175

Considering it was exam week, I'm gonna call this a success anyway!

And I'm another YAY for crunches, since they're already part of my routine :D
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    CW 271 lbs

- 5lbs off! Although I was sick, so that helped.

No owls or newts, for the above reason.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    CW: 343lbs
    Lost: -0.8lbs

OWLS: 0
    NEWTS: 0
    (I didn't make time do do the wall exercises, or keep good track of my protein because of the insane week I had. As well as eating that got out of hand. I am back on track though, and already focused on what I need to do :D)
    Exercise minutes: 64
    Calories burned: 553
    (I probably did more than this, but I didn't log them, and I didn't have my usual iPod touch app on. I am definitely making up for this!)

Last week was a tough week, had to say goodbye to my uncle for the last time. Emotional eating got the best of me last week (and yesterday too), but I'm getting back on track now! I have to focus on myself so I can get back to a healthier weight! :D
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Hello fellow Slytherins! I'm new, obviously. I can't wait to be a part of this, if you'll have me that is.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    my check in for last week

new weight: 172 (loss of 0.4)
    exercise minutes: 180 (2020 calories burned)

haven't been keeping up with OWLS or NEWTS, I keep forgetting about them. Will try to get some in this week. Already working on the crunches!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Hello fellow Slytherins! I'm new, obviously. I can't wait to be a part of this, if you'll have me that is.

Hello, I love your icon and judge you good enough to be in slytherin solely on that. also I'm not really in charge.

Also you can join any house you want to. But you should join this one.

So I'm gonna try and do my crunches this week - its not my favorite thing to do huge quantities of. Just boring. I had personal training today so I did:

Side plank crunches, pike crunches, the ones where you are in a plank and pull in your knees, roll downs with the 10 lb ball....... I swear we did something else. That was probably about 50 total. If I do 50 every day I'll hit the goal for 7 right?

Hmm. Would you consider supermans crunches? They're ab-exercises. Kind of. Ab support exercises. I could do superman banana but it makes me feel so SILLY
  • erinkeely4
    Options
    Superman! Banana! Superman! Banana!
  • tameko2
    Options
    yes that is the goofy thing of which I speak. And also you can do this version where you stop halfway betweein and lift up your legs and arms while lying on your side which is HARD. Bodies don't bend that way!