Need friends :)

Options
Hi!

I have started MFP about a week or so ago and have been struggling with it. I don't have much to lose (5-10lbs), and I am a small person (5'2). I am very active and I love to run. It's amazing how only 5lbs can slow you down when you are trying get a personal best at a 5k. I have 2 kids and was at my "ideal" weight before getting pregnant with my second. I have been struggling since she was born to get back at my happy weight. So...it would be really nice to have a few more friends to hold me accountable.

Thanks!

Replies

• GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same things, i need some more friends on here! I'll friend you in a sec.
  • Snr1
    Snr1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been using the MFP app on my phone for a while, but this is the first time I have logged onto the site. I am looking for people in my same situation (want to lose 10-15 lbs) to discuss struggles with.
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I also am 5'2" and am a runner. I have run 2 marathons at about 124 and I am now running at 118 and it makes a world of difference! Keep up the good work.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I only have 12lbs left to lose.
  • aznplayboi82
    Options
    I don't understand, you girls look great! What is there left to lose?
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I too am a runner with only around 5lb to lose. I really hope that those 5lb make a difference as I have my first marathon in April, having only started running this year. I'm also fairly short at 5'3 so feel that a small amount lost makes a bigger difference!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and currently weigh 127lbs. I would love to be back at 112-115. That is how much i weighed playing soccer back in high school and i'd love to be that fit again. I was never a fan of simply running until this recent spring, but i lost my running buddy due to me moving. :( I just cant seem to get myself back out there and push myself like she would.
  • healthygirlforever
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Just sent some friends requests :).
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently training for any race right now but would like to run 4 days a week through December in friggin' freezing Michigan!
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @kvreeken OMG I cannot image running in Michigan right now. You are one brave lady. I had to join a gym b/c I won't run when its 45 degrees outside :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm there with ya! I'm 5'5" and 122.....shooting for 115 and hoping to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I've got 4 marathons under my belt and my best times are when my weight is lower.

And I'm running outside still in Wisconsin. It's cold for sure!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @kvreeken OMG I cannot image running in Michigan right now. You are one brave lady. I had to join a gym b/c I won't run when its 45 degrees outside :)

i am proud of both of you! I refuse to run outdoors if its under 45 and i don't run in the gym because it sounds like an elephant on a treadmill. Ellipticals are my best friends.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    hey, I almost missed this thread. Groups are kinda weird, it's easy to miss new threads.
    I notice lots of runners here, so I wanted to see if you had read this:
    http://members.rachelcosgrove.com/public/The_Final_Nail_in_the_Cardio_Coffin.cfm

by the author of the Female Body Breakthrough.

I think running's fine but it is not a great way to lose the last 10 lbs. It just depends on what's important to you, and if running a marathon is important than you can ignore this:wink:
  • teenytinygoals
    teenytinygoals Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I could use some more friends in my boat as well! 5'3 CW 133 GW 115. add me :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me to their frinds list <3 Im Taylor and I just wanna lose 25 lbs. I JUST joined.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I could use some more friends too! I'm looking to lose around 10lbs, get my body fat down to the "fitness" range, and generally get back in shape. I'm on the site a lot and would be happy to give (and receive) support.
  • LissaAlice
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 10-15, I'm pretty tall at 5'8" though!
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey I could use some new friends:-)
    I'm 151 trying to get down to 135. 5'8".
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    fill free to add me or anyone im on everyday :)
  • Kluthyy
    Kluthyy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hello! i am a runner as well with about 5 lbs to lose. feel free to add me! :)