Tips

Options
Hey, I thought I'd start a thread so everyone could share what they're doing to lose weight. I started doing Zumba a few months ago and love it! I haven't had time to do it recently, but started back up last week and forgot how much I love doing it. I'm trying to do it 3 times a week (either at the gym or at home).

I need to get back into logging all my food on here. That's my goal for tomorrow!

Replies

• karanicole86
    Options
    I want to try Zumba so bad but I am super shy and scared to! I have been doing different treadmill workout (some walk/run and some incline) and 30 Day Shred.
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I felt so stupid doing it the first few times, but seriously, I love it. It's HARD, but I love it. It's nice to have a really hard workout that I actually look forward to doing! I say just go for it! The first few times is harder because you don't know the songs yet so you're a step behind 1/2 the time, but the more you go, the better it gets. Now a couple of the girls that go to the class meet once or twice a week when the instructor isn't there and we just do it ourself. (so obviously we've learned the "routines" pretty well!)
  • BrittanyErin1217
    Options
    I want to try Zumba so bad but I am super shy and scared to!

I'm the same way! I plan on starting to record the zumba show that comes on TV out here to learn the moves before I try to go to a class :)
  • saraegentry
    Options
    the class that I go to is mostly hip hop with a little latin/salsa type stuff mixed in so she can call it "zumba", I think each instructor has their own way of teaching. Seriously girls, I love it! I'm not a dancer or anything, I look totally stupid when I'm doing it, but everyone else (except the instructor) does too! :)
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Hip hop abs!! Not so intense but you can feel the burn!

I'm also planning on starting an app that I've downloaded to my Iphone Couch to 5k!
  • pattybernal
    pattybernal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i havent been on track which is why i had to change my goals. but am like crazy seriouse now!
    I dont really have a game plan figured out but Zumba sound fun, my treadmill is block with all the chrsitmas present. ( i know i have to move them) But please feel free to give me some tips or work out recomendations!
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i havent been on track which is why i had to change my goals. but am like crazy seriouse now!
    I dont really have a game plan figured out but Zumba sound fun, my treadmill is block with all the chrsitmas present. ( i know i have to move them) But please feel free to give me some tips or work out recomendations!

I swear by workout videos.... Hip Hop Abs is great not reall that intensive or even some old pilates DVDs that I have are great.. just to get in any workout! and move those christmas presents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Good luck
  • pattybernal
    Options
    I know i know i made a list of "to do"
    moving the gifts to the christmas tree is #1
    and thanks ill get some dvs and will yall know it went.
  • pattybernal
    Options
    I know i know i made a list of "to do"
    moving the gifts to the christmas tree is #1
    and thanks ill get some dvds and will yall know it went.
  • saraegentry
    Options
    I did the couch to 5K, it works! I ran 2 5Ks that year and it really kept me going knowing I just had to do a little bit at a time. I started that when I first started with MFP last year. I lost a bunch of weight (and now have gained it all back :( ). I've actually thought about doing C25K again just because it worked so well the 1st time!
  • Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I have the dvds and I use them often. I also love The Firm videos and Leslie Sansone.