Gels and chews

Options
2»

Replies

• Felicia714
    Felicia714 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have only used the GU gel packets, haven't tried any other types of gels. When I first tried it, I just about threw up in my mouth. But after the second packet, it wasn't so bad. I don't really like the thick consistency of it. I almost had to chew it down.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have only used the GU gel packets, haven't tried any other types of gels. When I first tried it, I just about threw up in my mouth. But after the second packet, it wasn't so bad. I don't really like the thick consistency of it. I almost had to chew it down.

Try some other brands and flavors for sure. They are not all created equal. Some are thin and easy to swallow, others are so thick almost need to cut them with a scissors. Just depends on what you happen to like.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered bonk bars. Tasty! I don't know if I could use them on the run but during my 1/2 Iron man I used them exclusively on the bike. Perfect at 250 cals a piece and helped settle my stomach after the swim.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The Honey Stinger Gold are the only ones that work for me, I've tried most of the others and they just don't agree with me - although the margarita clif bloks sound tempting! I have one of the honey gels about every 45 min on runs longer than 2 hours, also alternate the water and electrolytes at every other aid station.