Scariest game you have played!?!!?

Options

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I will never forget the scene in the first Resident Evil, Psone, where you walk down a hall and the dogs burst through the window, that is the first time a game ever made me jump.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    ^__^; And here I was, thinking I was the only person to ever get scared of a game and quit it. I can't seem to play Resident Evil 2. The bad controller and swarm of zombies at the beginning always has me so freaked out that I die in seconds and just can't continue.. that is unless I get a little help.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My choice is a older title. Friday the 13th for the NES. it's pretty easy to find if you know where to look. So I was 11-12 yrs. old at the time. Playing at night, volume probably higher than needed to be. Moving my little guy along collecting weapons, power ups, etc. etc. and BAM!! Jason just pops outta no where. Scared the crap outta me. Randomly pops outta nowhere too.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem.... everytime the TV changed channel on its own or the volume went up and down I got freaked out
    ^ THIS. And the first Silent Hill. I couldn't finish either game, I was too spooked
  • maiituu
    maiituu Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fatal Frame 1 and 2, I was able to play the first one during the night with the lighs off just for fun, however number 2 I could not play it after dark, and till this day I still have not finished that game. I tried playing the other sequels but I could not get into them.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Doom and Doom 2. Resident Evil. Honorable mention: Wolfenstein 3D. Christ, I'm an old bastage.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Bioshock. I usually play at night after everyone is in bed. With my surround sound headset, that game freaked me out several times. I had to stop playing it at night in the dark.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    dead space, the original silent hill, and first couple of resident evils were scary.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    All 3 FEAR games.

I played the latest one in my basement with the lights off and the windows blocked and the sound up.

At some point I paused and called my brother like "ok seriously this is f*cking nerve wracking!"
    and he happened to be playing and was like "THE PHONE SCARED ME JERK!"
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    the first Bioshock scared me more than any other legitimate "horror" title i've ever played (silent hill, resident evil, etc). i don't know why, but certain moments were so well put together, it had me jumping and screaming like a little girl.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Of course the Beginning of the ORIGINAL Resident Evil was kinda creepy! Im talking about the first time you encounter a zombie in the dinning room!..........caught me me by surprise!!!

The first game was the best :] Great atmospgere
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Of course the Beginning of the ORIGINAL Resident Evil was kinda creepy! Im talking about the first time you encounter a zombie in the dinning room!..........caught me me by surprise!!!

yeah playing that as a kid... scary ****!!!

and silent hill as a kid lol
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    DOOM... home alone with the lights out eeeeppp!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    The Marine campaign in Aliens vs Predator 2 for the pc
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Silent hill! Definitely silent hill.

I played it for 5 mins and then threw the controller to my brother. It was so freaky!!!!
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I find Half Life 2 disturbing and very eerie! Especially Ravens Croft or whatever it is called... With all the zombies!

But it's very very very addictive.... But just keeps going and going..
  • sinsaria
    Options
    Have to say Dead Space. I play with a headset so I am uninterrupted by my husbands surround sound and hearing all of that scraping and clanking..yeesh. Love that game..

I think the only time I have ever actually flinched while playing was in Silent Hill:Origins...a wheelchair came out of no where and I may have even peed my pants.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Dead space...heck, even some parts in Tomb raider!
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent I've only played it a bit, but it constantly kept me on edge. There are tons of YouTube videos of people screaming and crying while playing it. I haven't played it enough, but it's supposed to be quite frightening. Following their advice to playing in a dark room w/ headphones really does make it creepy.

I have to say playing Minecraft on anything but peaceful is scary for me. All of my hours of hard work gone in an instant is enough to scare me. Haha.

<3 for Minecraft!

I played Amnesia for about a half hour then quit. Yeah, it freaked me out too much. I never met a monster BUT I DON'T CARE I'M A HUGE WUSS!!

Scariest game I ever played was Silent Hill 3. That game ruined me for life. Messed with my head a bit because I got way too into it, and now I can't touch a scary game again T_T
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Years and years ago i was so scared playing ecstatica on the pc. More recently it would be resident evil or silent hill, when survival horrors were new. Tomb raider games still make me jump when tigers etc jump out from nowhere!