"I dont want to look like THAT"

Options
Hi All.... And Gracias to whomever started this group....

Short background....I am a certified personal trainer and competitive coach/trainer/athlete.... Have to load more pics...

ANYWAY.... Training, competing, and winning NPC figure competitions has been a great asset to my confidence and I have learned so much about life, health, and myself overall through everything i do....including training other competitors.... However.... Lately i have been getting women who are in search of a trainer who approach me and say..." i need a trainer, but I dont want to look like that".... Now, USUALLY.... i dont get offended by much.... But i find myself feeling "some kinda way" about this! Now, i TOTALLY understand that the average woman may find the lean look to be NOT to their liking and thats ok... because Im extraordinary :wink:

Anyone else experience this? Coaches? Trainers? Athletes?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    Hi All.... And Gracias to whomever started this group....

Short background....I am a certified personal trainer and competitive coach/trainer/athlete.... Have to load more pics...

ANYWAY.... Training, competing, and winning NPC figure competitions has been a great asset to my confidence and I have learned so much about life, health, and myself overall through everything i do....including training other competitors.... However.... Lately i have been getting women who are in search of a trainer who approach me and say..." i need a trainer, but I dont want to look like that".... Now, USUALLY.... i dont get offended by much.... But i find myself feeling "some kinda way" about this! Now, i TOTALLY understand that the average woman may find the lean look to be NOT to their liking and thats ok... because Im extraordinary :wink:

Anyone else experience this? Coaches? Trainers? Athletes?
    I train many female clients who always say they don't want to look "muscular" and want that soft feminine look. Lol, then when they tell me what they want to weigh, I have to tell them to get ready to look either real flabby or "muscular".
    I know it can be disturbing, but take it with a grain of salt. There will always be preferences out there. What I find is that more Fitness and Figure competitors end up with partners who are usually of the same thinking and physiques and the "soft and feminine" will usually prefer the same about their partner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Niner--- Good point! I have dated either way...but YES i prefer a fit man :bigsmile: ..... I think I will TRY to refrain from saying what i REALLY want to say.... which is... "NO WORRIES.... You NEVER will :tongue: " Thanks for your input.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Niner--- Good point! I have dated either way...but YES i prefer a fit man :bigsmile: ..... I think I will TRY to refrain from saying what i REALLY want to say.... which is... "NO WORRIES.... You NEVER will :tongue: " Thanks for your input.

LOL.

Overnight turning into she-hulk. If only it was that easy :tongue:
  • FlexAppeal79
    Options

LOL.

Overnight turning into she-hulk. If only it was that easy :tongue:

The hilarious thing is... Im really little... no huge muscles at all.... MUCH MUCH leaner than your average woman though:bigsmile:
  • Toyya
    Toyya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer, but I am naturally muscular. I've had similar issues... like when a previous boyfriend said I love that we can work out and lift together, but I hate the fact that you're so muscular. I wanted to be like REALLY? On the other hand, guys who are really into being fit and workout, love a girl with loots FIT.

Good luck! I'm sure I don't have to hear it as much as you, but I'm quite sick of the feeling that women and muscle don't mix.
  • FlexAppeal79
    Options
    I'm not a trainer, but I am naturally muscular. I've had similar issues... like when a previous boyfriend said I love that we can work out and lift together, but I hate the fact that you're so muscular. I wanted to be like REALLY? On the other hand, guys who are really into being fit and workout, love a girl with loots FIT.

Good luck! I'm sure I don't have to hear it as much as you, but I'm quite sick of the feeling that women and muscle don't mix.

Im with you Toyya! In the end, I love my capped shoulders, ripped arms, etc....and even though Im single...THAT is all that matters :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    On the other hand, guys who are really into being fit and workout, love a girl with loots FIT.

Agree with that.

I think unfit guys could even be a bit intimidated. At the end of the day, it's their fault for being lazy!
  • FlexAppeal79
    Options
    On the other hand, guys who are really into being fit and workout, love a girl with loots FIT.

Agree with that.

I think unfit guys could even be a bit intimidated. At the end of the day, it's their fault for being lazy!
    They totally are...especially in the gym...Im like..."I cant help it if i lift more than you dude!":laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    Options

Agree with that.

They totally are...especially in the gym...Im like..."I cant help it if i lift more than you dude!":laugh:

Haha. I love it! I'd love to see that :smile:
  • haha, I'm dealing with one of those anti-muscular guys right now.

He's like, I like your stomach right now, I don't want to be kissing a boy with abs in the near future.. I was like :O Are You F****** kidding me boy!?! It's my body, I do what I want!

Blah.

I've been hanging out recently with an ex competitor and I love it, so much more relaxed when you are both muscular and share a cheat meal day :p
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i guess im a prime example of the women and muscle dont mix... huh????
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    totally hear that all the time, to admit it, the first time I heard it, it was from myself a few years ago. However once I started working out and eating clean, the more I realized that my body was evidence of all my hard work. Now I'm a personal trainer, and a competitor. I can also do more pull ups than most of the guys in my unit. It's all about perception. I eventually realized that my muscle would be proportional, and that I would look fantastic! (Like I do!)