Being Single SUCKS because...

Options

Replies

• Its4CJ
    Its4CJ Posts: 14
    Options
    I live in a town where I have one friend. That one friend is the person I would spend the rest of my life. However, they are quite a few years older than me, and have been hurt a lot. Now they are under the misconception that they are better off on their own. There are times when I wish I would never have started dating them in the first place, and there are times when I am so glad that I did. The worst part about being single? I miss knowing that that one person loves me. That I can cuddle with them, cry on them, share the good and the bad. I miss having that friendship. Someone to support me in my endeavors and someone I can support in theirs
  • Its4CJ
    Its4CJ Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm okay with the day-to-day part of being single. I am so busy with my work that I don't have much time to feel lonely. For me, it's the bigger things like having someone to take to a wedding or a family gathering. I've been single for a long time (my choice) and I'm sick of my family asking me about it. And I'm kind of surprised that since I decided this past spring that I might be ready for a relationship, it hasn't happened yet. It's much harder to meet someone when you're in your 40s it seems.

I'm still alone. And I went to two weddings this summer alone.

I agree about the age thing... I'm 39 and it seems that the only guys I meet are either way to young (and immature) and don't want the ready-made family, or are too close to my parents' age and I just can't do that! I struggle the most with finding guys in the 30-40 range who accept my kids (and don't want any of their own, since I can't have any more). Ahhh.. and the snuggling. Miss it so.

I know! I am 28, and due to medical reasons, can no longer have my own. I don't mind taking someone's kids and becoming another adult influence (hopefully a good one), and loving them, and making them "my own"
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

This definitely.

I miss having someone to share all the small things with and just having someone to talk to about nothing and anything...

This time of year just depresses me to the Nth degree. The holidays are about family, togetherness, love, sharing, giving of your heart and your time. I absolutely adore Christmas, it was my grandmother's favorite holiday and I miss her every year to share those things with. But lately, being single and alone, it becomes more and more difficult. Having to listen to coworkers talk about their kids, their plans, their getaways with their spouses. I'm the only person in my department who is single. The ONLY one and I work with 14 people. It's tough not having someone to come home to, to call, to do things with. The sucky thing is, I have a best friend, who is a guy, whom I am totally in love with and would walk on water for if asked. But, he doesn't feel the same, and it kills me when we spend so much time together and when we're apart, it sucks and I'm even more depressed. =( If he'd JUST look past his own fears ... I understand someone's comment that sucky relationships are also bad. This is true. I witnessed my cousins horrible marriage and ever more horrible divorce, and it wasn't pretty. But he hadn't been divorced for more than a month and already had someone else in his life. I'm not a needy person, I've been single 8 years after my ex decided to sleep with his secretary and I lost a lot of trust in dating and relationships, but not even being able to find a date. I know I'm not the most attractive person in the world, and I'll never be the thinnest, but it seems like people don't even want to give you a change. And online.. most tell you "I'm just here to waste time." Why? It's just a loop of craziness.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I don't mind being single, but I hate the looks when I dine alone. I am confident enough to want to go out to eat at a fancy restaurant to reward myself alone. Also, I wish Groupon didn't have for 2 deals, what about all the singles out there!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Trying to find that perfect girl.... you know the one that every time u think of her u have to smile. Its hard not just setteling for just who ever...... u cand find a date anywhere.... me Im looking for 4 something real

This but obviously with the opposite sex lol. It is really hard not to just let a run of the mill, nothing special relationship drag on just for the company. I have done that in the past and it was so hard to get out of and now I just think I could've missed my soul mate being tied up in a dead end relationship I knew from the start would go nowhere
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Generally enjoy being single but sure wish there was someone here to get the dang fixture off the basement ceiling to change the light bulb.:grumble:
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have to practice patience! I know that there is a relationship coming. I'm kinda fussy, as I think most of us are, otherwise we wouldn't be single and we'd have Mr or Miss right for now. I'm not looking for now. I'm starting to get a bit worried that I won't find that kind of connection and when I do he'll have a stroke a month later, and I'll be tested in a whole new way!!! It happens...
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have to practice patience! I know that there is a relationship coming. I'm kinda fussy, as I think most of us are, otherwise we wouldn't be single and we'd have Mr or Miss right for now. I'm not looking for now. I'm starting to get a bit worried that I won't find that kind of connection and when I do he'll have a stroke a month later, and I'll be tested in a whole new way!!! It happens...

I'm not usually so bleak! lol And really, I'll be the one that has the stroke :ohwell:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    .....i have no one to kiss, spoil, hug, and pay attention to.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    .....i have no one to kiss, spoil, hug, and pay attention to.

Yea... it also sucks not having anyone to cook for or watch movies with.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    The loneliness and the fact that I really want a family (only child, never knew my pops, want to give my kids better than what I had), and it's REALLY hard to make a baby as a dude when you're all alone. lol
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    there are worse things than being single :) being in a bad relationship really sucks.

I'm just ending a horrible marriage and this is true. At the same time I'm a hopeless optimist and I cant' help but think that happiness could be out there somewhere. I've been a truckers wife, so emotionally and physically "single" for a long long time now, and what I miss the most is having another adult around for the conversation and companionship and just to bounce ideas off of. Lack of cudding and sex obviously sucks, but you get used to that.
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lack of cudding and sex obviously sucks, but you get used to that.

Hmmm…I am 2+ years into my involuntary celibacy…still waiting to get used to that.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Being single sucks because I am very social and don't like to do things alone. I like to do a lot of things that are catorgized as male activities, which my female friends can't stand doing. Plus, I just hate being around other women and their gossiping most of the time.
    I also have to echo what "Saruman" said also.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I am probably going to skip my company holiday party because I hate being the only single person there.
  • ArnonsaeJ
    ArnonsaeJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feeling lonely sometimes for the most part.... The biggest thing that sucks Is all my best friends are married so I feel silly talking to them about being single. I HATED going places being the 5th wheel with them while we were in college. It was so awkward.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say being single is bad. I mean you've got some extra independence, it's a great way to learn about yourself in a way and to a depth you'd never get to in a relationship, there's a freeness and fluidity to being single that sort of fades away once you're in a relationship. I guess I just say, embrace whatever part of life you're in and the good that results from it; that's what you'll miss once you go into another phase. :)
  • Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I decided to focus on my career first then I promised myself I would start a family. Now that I am in a comfortable place in my career I have been trying to meet Mr. Right for 2 years now. I didn't realize how lonely I was until everyone around me started getting married and having babies...lol. I am actually considering going back to school to keep myself busy. I have been on plenty of dates but they were a bunch of weirdos, jerks or just plain boring. Where have all the good men gone? Married already? :noway:
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I wouldn't say I suspicious of others right off the bat, but it does suck being on your own a lot. I've spent most of this year exercising, and while that's been AWESOME, I've done so much of that alone - which sucks!!

If it helps Jeff, I don't think all single women looks at homes, cars, etc., especially when they're in their 40s/50s and established. I personally don't have 'motives' other than (hopefully someday) meeting a great guy that I'm compatible with!

Let your guard down a little! :)

Thanks for the advice! I did let my guard down and met someone wonderful!:flowerforyou:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I suspicious of others right off the bat, but it does suck being on your own a lot. I've spent most of this year exercising, and while that's been AWESOME, I've done so much of that alone - which sucks!!

If it helps Jeff, I don't think all single women looks at homes, cars, etc., especially when they're in their 40s/50s and established. I personally don't have 'motives' other than (hopefully someday) meeting a great guy that I'm compatible with!

Let your guard down a little! :)

Thanks for the advice! I did let my guard down and met someone wonderful!:flowerforyou:
    That's terrific! Funny thing ~ I've met someone wonderful too! I love him to death!! :heart: