Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #22

Options

Replies

• pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm really frustrated and need to vent a little. I've been having a hard time and so I have been trying to get some help. Last Thursday, I called my old counselor, but she's not supposed to see me because she works for a different medical clinic now. But she said she could see me short term, so we scheduled an appointment for Monday (December 19th).

That same day, I went to see my nurse practitioner and she referred me to a different counselor and I set up an appointment for today.

So, on Monday, I went to the appointment I had set up with my old counselor and waited 40 minutes, while everyone else was locking the doors. They said she was with a client and just to wait in the waiting room. I left after 40 minutes. I ran into her today and told her that I had been waiting for her on Monday, but then left. She apologized and said that she forgot. She said we could reschedule, but I said it's ok, I'll go try this new counselor and see how that goes. She said, ok, if it doesn't work out, you can call me again.

So today, I went to meet this new counselor! I thought I was having a good day and I thought I was doing good! But she kept saying to me: "You're really not doing good! Is this how you are normally?" Of course I said No.... I know I've been feeling like a zombie but I didn't think I was doing that badly!

Then, when I was talking about some of my stress she said to me: "Are you sure your husband/fiance wants to start over and have children at his age?" I said that one of my worries was that I had to hurry up and get pregnant, because he is getting older. My fiance is going to be 50 in March. Then, what she said really pissed me off!!! She said, "He already is old! At 50 he's considered a senior...(then she corrected herself and said no, that's 55)"

Ok, there are 13 years difference between me and my fiance! We've been together for 6 1/2 years and never until now, have I felt judged about the age difference! I went to this lady in the hopes to start feeling better, but instead I left feeling so pissed off and frustrated!!! Now, I have another appointment with her in January.... I really don't know what to do??? I need help, and this isn't working for me!!!

Anyhow, I just needed to share! Sorry gals!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Please write a complaint letter. That "counselor" was rude, insensitive, and inappropriate. If you put it in writing they're required to respond to you and it carries more weight than a phone call because people can read it over and over. I'm sure you weren't the only one who had a rough experience with her, and if everyone puts pen to paper, they might actually get rid of her.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    kristen -- thanks for the encouragement. And it's great that people are noticing and you're feeling good in your clothes! :heart: :smile:

lpeacock -- wow! moving at Christmastime? That's a lot to juggle.You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

azeria -- that certainly does not seem like a good match for you. :frown: I think you need to try to find someone else who isn't going to judge you and the life you have chosen immediately without even getting to know you very well. If I were you, I definitely would not go to that second appointment because I think it might do more harm than good. Is there someone else you can go to? :heart:

kthom -- that's my plan too. we can do it!

judy -- thanks, as always, for the kind words and encouragement. you are an inspiration. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone! I'm having a better day today! I went to see my nurse practitioner today who is at the same clinic. I mentioned it to her why I would not be returning to see her. At first, she simply thought that it was a personality conflict and didn't seem to give me a chance to tell her what happened. Then, I finally managed to get it in! However, I do think that I might need to send in a letter or something. I don't know, we'll see what happens!

On another note, since my mood is better today, I managed to do my exercise! It feels great to get it done, no matter how hard it is! Taking life one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time!

3 days until Christmas! Let's keep on doing the best we can!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    UGH! I've been going to the gym like a madwoman and burning 440-650 calories each trip, but then I just EAT all of it back. :angry: ALL of it. And then some. You would think with 600 extra calories, I could stay under my goal... but NOPE not this girl. :ohwell: :grumble: It's all right. Like I said, I'm just trying to maintain until 1/2. :smile:

Anyway, I just wanted to try to catch some of you and wish you a Merry Christmas (to those who celebrate it) before you all get super busy (even more than now!). Thanks for all of the support from all of you. :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for your support everyone! I'm having a better day today! I went to see my nurse practitioner today who is at the same clinic. I mentioned it to her why I would not be returning to see her. At first, she simply thought that it was a personality conflict and didn't seem to give me a chance to tell her what happened. Then, I finally managed to get it in! However, I do think that I might need to send in a letter or something. I don't know, we'll see what happens!

On another note, since my mood is better today, I managed to do my exercise! It feels great to get it done, no matter how hard it is! Taking life one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time!

3 days until Christmas! Let's keep on doing the best we can!

Glad you are doing better and that you are planning to do something about this difficult therapist. There is no reason anyone should have to go through that once... let alone on a regular basis.
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    hello all

jenn so glad to have you back and i hope things get better for you

az- STOP seeing that woman.... my fiance' is 9 years older than me and i wouldnt have it any other way.

so sorry ive dissapeared from here. my fiance's grandfather passed away tuesday and we burried him this morning. the next week is going to be tough between christmas and his birthday on the 28.
    i just want to tell you all to let the people in your life know how much you love them because you never know when they will be gone.

im checking in a day early with my final weight beeing 189. ive only lost 7, but i was able to stay under my starting weight throughout this whole challenge, so i have to say im proud of myself. i havent done my meausrements yet so ill have to let yall know how many inches i lost on another post. i really hope we can all stay in contact, weather it is through another group or just supporting each other.

have a very merry christmas
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My final weigh in is 146.6. Although I did not reach my goal I am so much closer than I thought I would be, that I know I will get there fairly soon. I started out this challenge wearing size 16 or barely fitting into size 14 . The new clothes I have bought are size 8 or 6. This group has been great. Everyone very supportive and encouraging.
    Merry Christmas to all and Happy New year!
    KC
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well I guess we have made it to the finish.....it went so fast!!!! I am down 19 pounds and about 3 pounds from my CCC goal. I feel huge success and want to thank you all for your support and friendship!!!!:flowerforyou:

I look forward to staying in touch....leaving for a camping trip the day after Christmas and hoping to start a new group on the 30th...I think it will be called Positive Changes...or something like that:smile:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!!

:heart: Judy
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    CW: 179.6...lost 3.4 lbs this week. Basically took off the past 2 weeks of silliness and gain!!! Didn't make it to 150...but lost 11 lbs and I am motivated again. I want to kick the 170's to the curb next. I have enjoyed the support and friendship here with you all. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.
  • Sugs94
    Options
    hello all

jenn so glad to have you back and i hope things get better for you

az- STOP seeing that woman.... my fiance' is 9 years older than me and i wouldnt have it any other way.

so sorry ive dissapeared from here. my fiance's grandfather passed away tuesday and we burried him this morning. the next week is going to be tough between christmas and his birthday on the 28.
    i just want to tell you all to let the people in your life know how much you love them because you never know when they will be gone.

im checking in a day early with my final weight beeing 189. ive only lost 7, but i was able to stay under my starting weight throughout this whole challenge, so i have to say im proud of myself. i havent done my meausrements yet so ill have to let yall know how many inches i lost on another post. i really hope we can all stay in contact, weather it is through another group or just supporting each other.

have a very merry christmas
    Johanna...sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking of your fiancee and you!!!
  • pinkita
    Options
    Well I guess we have made it to the finish.....it went so fast!!!! I am down 19 pounds and about 3 pounds from my CCC goal. I feel huge success and want to thank you all for your support and friendship!!!!:flowerforyou:

I look forward to staying in touch....leaving for a camping trip the day after Christmas and hoping to start a new group on the 30th...I think it will be called Positive Changes...or something like that:smile:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!!

:heart: Judy

Good job Judy, congrats! I'd love to join your new group (though I think you said it was going to be for people on maintenance, that's not me yet)! Merry Xmas!! :smile:
  • pinkita
    Options
    CW: 179.6...lost 3.4 lbs this week. Basically took off the past 2 weeks of silliness and gain!!! Didn't make it to 150...but lost 11 lbs and I am motivated again. I want to kick the 170's to the curb next. I have enjoyed the support and friendship here with you all. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

Holy smokes! Way to go!!! :drinker:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Well my final weigh-in for this challenge is 152, so even though I've been hovering here for about a month, I lose 23 pounds since we started back in July. :smile: And 38 pounds since the beginning of June. :smile:

sugs -- awesome!

Judy -- awesome and I would loooove to join your group! :heart:

johanna -- my thoughts go out to you and your family.
  • pinkita
    Options
    CW: 181.4

Down 3lbs and I surpassed my Xmas goal! I was shocked since I haven't worked out as much as I wanted to this week thanks to a sinus infection.

I forgot to do my measurements this morning so I'll post those tomorrow.

Thanks to Jenn for starting this challenge and maintaining all the charts, and to all my fellow CCCers for helping to keep me motivated!! It's been a great journey and I hope we continue our efforts together!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Jenn-Glad to have u back.
  • Sugs94
    Options
    CW: 181.4

Down 3lbs and I surpassed my Xmas goal! I was shocked since I haven't worked out as much as I wanted to this week thanks to a sinus infection.

I forgot to do my measurements this morning so I'll post those tomorrow.

Thanks to Jenn for starting this challenge and maintaining all the charts, and to all my fellow CCCers for helping to keep me motivated!! It's been a great journey and I hope we continue our efforts together!
    Way to go!!!!
  • Sugs94
    Options
    Well my final weigh-in for this challenge is 152, so even though I've been hovering here for about a month, I lose 23 pounds since we started back in July. :smile: And 38 pounds since the beginning of June. :smile:

sugs -- awesome!

Judy -- awesome and I would loooove to join your group! :heart:

johanna -- my thoughts go out to you and your family.
    You have done awesome on this challenge!!!
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My final weigh in is 160lbs. Just 6lb short of my target and I'm happy with that. I've lost 37lbs since starting on mfp at the beginning of july and 29lbs since the start of this challenge. I can't remember which measurements we need to do though.

Sarah
  • Sugs94
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!!!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Merry Christmas, everyone!

I just ate 500 calories of chocolate, so I'm giving up on today. I'll probably be in a diabetic coma later from all the sugar because there's only so many times I can inject myself with insulin in one day. Ohhhh jeez. Christmas, why do you do this to me?
  • pinkita
    Options
    Ok, final measurements:

Arms: 13 (no change)
    Thigh: 24 (no change)
    Bust: 41 (no change)
    Hips: 39.5 (down 0.5")
    Waist: 35 (down 2")

Merry Xmas everybody!!