30 DS Calories Burned

Options
staceyb2003
staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
Ok, I found my 30 Day Shred DVD and I'm really ready to start this. I do taxes so it'll be hard to make it to the gym in the next few months so this will be perfect. How do you 30 day shredder's ;) measure calories for this on MFP?

Replies

• xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If Santa doesn't get me a heart rate monitor for Christmas I'll probably just log it as general circuit training and hope that the cals burned are closed =)
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor, but I agree with the circuit training route if you don't. Just remember that it's an average number that people burn and may not be 100% accurate to what you have burned.:wink:
  • staceyb2003
    Options
    I went with circuit training, I thought it was pretty accurate about 200 cal in 20min. I have a heart rate watch it doesn't work very well though. I plan on getting a fit bit after the new year. Thanks guys :bigsmile:
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use a HR monitor, I normally burn between 260- 290 calories each time... there isn't really an accurate way to calculate it w/out a HR monitor unfortunately :-(
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I did the shred the first time - I generally burned around 200-225 cals being 150 lbs, 5'5". I agree with others that the "circuit training" entry was very close - I think it gave me 190 cals burned for 20 minutes of circuit training!
  • deporee
    Options
    Hi! I'm about 1.5 weeks into MFP and am enjoying it so far. I've signed up for the challenge, but am not entirely certain how 30 Day Shred works. Is it everyday? Will I need any other exercise equipment, i.e. weights? Anything that you all can share would be most appreciated. Thanks!
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm about 1.5 weeks into MFP and am enjoying it so far. I've signed up for the challenge, but am not entirely certain how 30 Day Shred works. Is it everyday? Will I need any other exercise equipment, i.e. weights? Anything that you all can share would be most appreciated. Thanks!

the dvd says you will need some light weights and a mat. :)
  • deporee
    Options
    Thanks! My DVD comes tomorrow.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    i have a HRM but it dont tell me the calories i burned :( and i dont know how to figure out all that math mombo jumbo to find out where my HR should be when i exercise....help!!!
  • staceyb2003
    Options
    i have a HRM but it dont tell me the calories i burned :( and i dont know how to figure out all that math mombo jumbo to find out where my HR should be when i exercise....help!!!

this website will help you figure it out.

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • elainemcg
    Options
    Oh no Iv joined this but don't have the DVD do I need this? X
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes you will need the dvd; however, I think I seen on Amazon that you can purchase it viewable online and have it instantly for like $16 maybe. Otherwise, I bought my dvd at wal-mart for around $10.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    The dvd is also on Netflix. I got it from them and copied it.

I can't afford a HRM at the moment so I just log it as general circuit training, and since I am so overweight, I burn more calories than most people.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just saw the DVD at BJ's for either US $4.99 or 5.99!
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The video is 1.99 for each level or 4.99 for all three levels (as an instant video)
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    On amazon...
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Back to OP, I logged it as circuit training, but now that I have my hrm I' found that I'm burning actually about 50 cals less than it says I should burn.