Welcome

Options

Replies

• thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in DeWitt, Iowa. I am 27 and have two wonderful boys.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • missjaynne
    missjaynne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all.........I was born and raised in central Iowa, (30 mins. north of Ames) . Lived most of my married life in Dubuque, now living 20 miles west of there outside of Dyersville. Not really into watching sports........
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    One U of I graduate son. One U of I drop out son. One future U of I daughter. One daughter who's looking at Drake or UNI. So at 75% kids U of Iowa related, guess that makes us Hawkeye fans.

Have lived in Iowa on a farm all my life. Fairfield area as a kid. Live by Brighton now. Teach in Ottumwa.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Go HAWKS!!! Born and raised in SW Iowa. Currently Council Bluffs so I get to here and see nothing but the Huskers (I work in NE). BLECK!!!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    One U of I graduate son. One U of I drop out son. One future U of I daughter. One daughter who's looking at Drake or UNI. So at 75% kids U of Iowa related, guess that makes us Hawkeye fans.

Have lived in Iowa on a farm all my life. Fairfield area as a kid. Live by Brighton now. Teach in Ottumwa.

I Know that area well!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    hi Everyone!

I'm from Hospers, a podunk town of about 650 people about an hour north of Sioux City on the NW side of Iowa! Hawkeye fan over here!! :)
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Born and raised here. Grew up in Independence went to ISU (Go Cyclones!!) and now live just outside of Ankeny!
  • kpoud00
    Options
    I'm a newbie to mfp and thought I would try the Iowa discussion group! I am a Cyclone fan and watching the Okla St & IA State as we speak! I live in the Des Moines area and work downtown area.
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenn. I am from Knoxville..born and raised..work in West Des Moines, but work location is soon moving to Urbandale..and I am a Hawkeye fan, but still like to see the Cyclones playing such an awesome year! I am more into UFC and sprint car racing though than football.
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a transplant to Iowa. I moved to West Des Moines about a year ago. Feel free to friend me if you're from the Des Moines area! I'm always looking for new suggestions on things to do/see/eat in the area since I'm still new here.

As for the team thing- Just because I don't particularly care for any of the above teams I'm going to go with the Bulldogs since I'm a Drake alum. :bigsmile:
  • kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello all! :o) I was born and raised in NW Iowa, moved to NE Iowa, and am in the process of moving back to NW. I have a niece at ISU so go Cyclones!! :)
  • knwl007
    Options
    UNI grad, married to an ISU grad- daughter to U of I grads.... tough decision. I live just outside of Des Moines and always have, save for my four years in Cedar Falls.
  • DanceWithAlice
    Options
    I'm a transplant too. Omaha to Marshalltown, and I went to school in Sioux City for a few years. I've found that the "correct" team depends largely on where I am and who I'm with. :tongue:
  • sweetptgrl
    sweetptgrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, went to Wartburg in Waverly for a year and then transferred to St. Ambrose in Davenport. After I graduated, I moved back to Cedar Rapids. I would have to say ISU but only for when they play U of I. Otherwise, I don't really care because I just cheer for an Iowa team.

13304472.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jessersue
    jessersue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have lived in Iowa my whole life born and raised an Iowa fan. However, I am attending ISU now so I have to cheer for my school.
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Born and raised in Des Moines, Iowa! I am a stay at home mama to three little busy boys!
  • funmamaof4
    funmamaof4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm living in Mount Vernon, but it's tricky here. So close to Iowa City you are forced to be a Hawkeye fan. We're a split home with both my husband and I graduating from ISU and my husband earning his master's from Iowa as well. We root for both or whomever is winning at the time. Looking forward to encouraging each of you.
  • PugsMagoo
    PugsMagoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was born in NE Iowa and now live in Cedar Rapids. I consider them all to be my teams...except when they play the Hawks
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a UNI Grad and still live in Cedar Falls. We are Panther fans, especially during basketball season. We live just down from the Dome so we walk to a lot of games. But my husband and I are die hard Hawk fans! Our girls are so brain washed :smile:

I was up early this morning for a worktout but my husband waited for it to warm up a bit and hit a 5 mile run this afternoon. Kind of jealous, it is so nice out today!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hey there from Maquoketa - though I work in Davenport - hubby and I are die-hard Hawkeye fans.... Nice to see some other Iowans on MFP!