Introductions!!!! Let's get started!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• prsconch
    prsconch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 42 years old and have strugled with my weight all my life. I work full time plus overtime. I would also like to get in better shape this year.

My current weight is 153.

My goal weight is 139...I haven't been able to get under 140 since my late thirties.

Good luck everyone!

(I think the color idea suggested by the domestic chic would be fun. We can still do individual, but then we can do the top team as well. It would be a great motivator to help our team.)
  • jmg48
    jmg48 Posts: 2
    Options
    Name: Jacki S.

About me: I am a 29 yea old wife and mother of 2. I have been overweight my whole life except for 2 months before I found out I was pregnant with my first child-go figure. I work part time and am a part time law student--all of which keeps me busy from the time I wake up until I go to bed. I currently have back problems which prevent me from exercising, so eating right is the only thing I can do for weight loss right now. I have already lost 24 pounds and can't wait to lose more!

Starting Weight: 236

12 week Goal Weight: 210
  • kellybeetle
    Options
    Name: Kelly

About yourself: I'm 37 years old. Desperately wanting to lose weight so I will feel better about myself, be more healthy, and actually wear a wedding dress in June when I get married.

Starting Weight: 208.4

12 Week Goal Weight: 180
  • rrakcarter
    rrakcarter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    my name is katie. imma 38 yr old mom of two girlies, ages 12 and 9. need to get in better shape. hafta be a role model for my girlies. game on!
  • Sarahrachael82
    Sarahrachael82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Name: Sarah

About yourself: I have been a nanny the last ten years while taking classes out in NY, moved back to finish in Iowa where I am originally from and have found myself wanting to be fit more than anything else. College hasn't been an easy adjustment and I need you guys to help!

Starting Weight: 275

12 Week Goal Weight: 250
  • sb0795
    sb0795 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: Sonya

About yourself: I am 38 yrs old and I have three children, 15, 14 and 6. I've have been married to my best friend for 16 yrs. I have always struggled with my weight. During highschool I struggled with anorexia and then again when my second son was born. I gained control over it so I thought and let myself eat what I wanted and stopped excercising all together. I want to loose the weight for good and to get healthy. I should probably loose 90 lbs but my goal for now is 60 lbs. I am excited to get started!!

Starting Weight: 225

12 Week Goal Weight: 200
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    So exciting to wake up to sooo many new entries!!!! This is going to be an awesome support system!!!! Hope you are all ready to be challenged!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to add me as a friend so we can keep in touch and motivate each other along the way!!! Here are the new memebers to the BL Challenge:

Sheila
    Alejandra U.
    Penny H.
    Heather W.
    Marian
    thisisit511
    Gretchen
    Melinda
    Joanne
    Jess
    Jaime
    Jill
    Jana
    Amanda
    Gwen
    Rim
    Emi
    Ron
    Deborah
    Joe
    Madeline
    Angel
    Moneica
    Melo
    Hannah
    Jennie
    Debra
    Kae
    Alex
    Bridget
    thedomestichhick
    prsconch
    Jacki S.
    Kelly
    Katie
    Sarah
    Sonya

THANK YOU ALL for joining!!!!!!! We are going to make this work!!!!! We are 85 people in this challenge!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!
  • USNGirlMel
    USNGirlMel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Name: Mellisa

About yourself: Im in the military and trying to eat healthier especially since I am always working with nurses who bring cookies/sweets :*(

Starting Weight: 142

12 Week Goal Weight: 130
  • weather4000
    weather4000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!!! Sooo excited for this challenge!

My name is Stacy.

About myself: I am 34 years old. I have 3 absolutely wonderful children. I have an amazing husband. I have an incredibly hard time finding time to workout. Before the holidays I lost just about 30 pounds but I kinda fell off the wagon a bit. I work full time and my baby will be 1 tomorrow!!!!!!!!! My two older children both have cerebral palsy so I have an insanely busy life.

Starting weight: 166.8

12 week goal: 150.00
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Beatriz and have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I am a working mother of three fabulous boys and wife to a very loving and supportive husband. I started on my weight loss journey over a year ago. I’ve lost over 35 pounds. 2012 will be my year.

Starting Weight: 259

12 Week Goal: 225
  • vessd1
    vessd1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name: Vesna

About yourself: Never know what to write here, but im 27 years old live in texas, also have had a lot of weight problems ever since I was teen, but I am ready to really stick to a plan. Im ready to get this started :)

Starting Weight: 236

12 Week Goal Weight: 220
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group.

My name is Alison and my 2012 starting weight is 180 1bs. My goal is 140 by August 26th. Totally do-able!!

I just realized the format you asked for so here it goes:

Name: Alison

About Myself: I am 40 years old from Burnaby, BC and started my weight loss journey a couple of years ago at 225 pounds. I managed to get down to 160 pounds at my lightest but unfortunately fell back into my unhealthy habits resulting in gaining 20 pounds back. I am determined to finish my journey this year!!

Starting Weight: 180 pounds

12 Week Goal: 159 pounds

Cheers,
    Alsison
  • gettinfit29
    gettinfit29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for to be joining this group (i'd love to be on the ranch, but thats another process).
    I have been struggling with my weight for 20 years and this time I want it to last! Maintaince is the hardest part of losing weight.
    I am 39 married with no children yet. We really desire to have children but we have struggled in this area so we have dogs :) they are my babies!

Starting Weight: 235
    12 Week Goal: 210
    2 lbs per week (realistically)

Dring your water, and Move :)
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    OK!!!! What can I say....you guys are awesome!!! We now have 90 pp in this 12 week challenge!!! I am sooo excited!!!! Unfortunately, I am going to have to put a cut off. I can handle up to 100 pp in this challenge:frown: Reason for this is that I have to create and maintain a spreadsheet for all of us and I am afraid that if I take on too many pp, I will not be able to do it properly. By tomorrow morning, I will post all the members that are officially in the challenge.

If you do not make the cut.....PLEASE continue to post on here...we need all your support!!!!

Pam :)
  • PattyArchuleta
    PattyArchuleta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this!!!
    My name is Patty and my starting weight is 242 lbs. I would like to be at 2l5lbs in 12 weeks. I am tired of losing and gaining the same 70lbs and would like them gone forever. I would like to set a healthy example for my 2 kids and increase my longevity. I am tired of being winded and missing out on making memories with my family due to being out of shape and overweight. I am really looking forward to the support system and sharing my day to day accomplishments!! (no ice cream or peanut m& m's).
    Let's get rolling!!!!
  • shawn_johnson
    Options
    Name: Shawn

About Me: I'm a 28 year old School administrator. My weight has dramatically increased over the last several years--and the weight below is the highest I have ever weighed. I'm clearly in need of changes to secure my health and well-being. As the result of my last physical, I am in need of some major changes. I respond well to accountability and I'm looking forward to seeing our progress!!!!

Current weight: 337.4

12 Week Goal: 300
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    Name: Kristen

About Myself: Hi everyone, I'm excited for this challenge, especially since it's starting right after the holidays, now all that get togethers and eating of good foods is over! haha. I am a mother of 2, a 8 year old girl, and a 4 year old boy. I want to get healthy to be able to do things with them and not let my self image get in the way of having fun as a family! I also like that it''s called the biggest loser challenge and that it's starting when the show starts, cuz I love the show and it inspires me to keep on track :) Not sure of my starting weight, I was supposed to weigh in this morning but I've been sick and didn't even feel like getting out of bed so I forgot to and only remembered after I had already eaten and drank some water, and I haven't weighed myself since last week so it could be anything now, I don't wanna guess, so I will weigh in tomorrow, which works cuz Tuesdays will be our weigh in days. So, I will post tomorrow with my exact starting weight...i don't have an exact number for my 12 week goal weight until I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm thinking I would like to lose 30 pounds in this challenge :)

Hey guys, I weighed myself so just giving my starting weight for this challenge and goal weight

Starting Weight: 337.2

Goal Weight: 307.2

Oh and I'm 27 years old, just in case we get teamed up by age!
  • Mattyfit2014
    Mattyfit2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    name matt

Hello i a 33 year old marine engineer from england constantly struggling with my weight, i use the gym 3 to 4 times a week so i think its my diet which is the problem. But this year i determined to do it!

starting weight 211ibs

12 week goal 180ibs

I am exactly the same. I do 1-2 hours exercise every day and am struggling to drop the weight. I know I will be replacing fat with muscle but it's still a little disheartening (especially as I am a slave to the scales). I'm going to try to sort out my diet so hopefully that will help!

portion size seems to be a big issue on the diet frontier so keep it under control and we wont have to cut out to much :-) also measure with a tape measure, it can be more accurate if you building a bit of muscle to, at least if you see that creeping down you wont be so disheartened, good luck
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Name: Carmen
    About yourself: Mom to one daughter, wife and a registered nurse. I'm almost to 100lbs lost and would love the friendly competition.
    Starting Weight: 360
    12 Week Goal Weight: 330
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Name: Carmen
    About yourself: Mom to one daughter, wife and a registered nurse. I'm almost to 100lbs lost and would love the friendly competition.
    Starting Weight: 360
    12 Week Goal Weight: 330
    That is excellent, can you share how you lost your weight so far?