CHALLENGE 2 [STARTING 01/02/2012]

Options
:blushing: WE WILL CALL THIS THE NEW YEARS CHALLENGE :blushing:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ANYBODY CAN JOIN IN @ ANYTIME<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
WITH THAT BEING SAID IF YOU DO JOIN IN @ ANY GIVEN TIME PLEASE INCLUDE THE DATE STARTED
............................................................................................................................................................................
......................................:devil: :angry: :explode: :devil: :mad: :explode: ........................
................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................
.....................................................................................
:love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love:
OK BUM A DA BUM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OK SO NOW THE CHALLENGE DRINK 2 CUPS OF WATER ON TOP OF WHAT YOU DO DRINK
NO SUBSITUTES [GREEN TEA/SPARKLING WATER]
ALSO SINCE WEEK 2 CHALLENGE AND A NEW YEAR WE ARE GETTING '2' CHALLENGES IN 1
:yawn: WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP:yawn:
OK AND CHALLENGE 2 IS TO UP WHATEVER WORK OUT YOUR DOING NOW
LIKE IF YOUR DOING WALKING DO A EXTRA 10 MINS , IF YOUR LIFTING WEIGHTS UP IT 1 LB ,ETC...
LETS GET STARTED AND MAKE A RECORD OF IT IN A THREAD

AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE IN THIS ONE...

Replies

• Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hello all,

I am in for the challege! my normal water intake is usually 8-10 cups a day so I am shooting for 12! Additionally, I don't know if yall will think this is cheating BUT>>> my boys got Dance Central 2 and Kinect sports 2 for Christmas. So I am going to do an extra 15-20 mins with them each day.

My problem is that my weigh in day is on Tues. I can give you that weight on Friday if thats cool. Last weigh in: 208 Goals weight: 165ish.

So excited!

Meg

13647877.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Miztif
    Miztif Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OK Happy New ME!! I am increasing my water intake to 10 glasses! ( hopefully I wont drown), LOL. I will be adding doing Zumba on the Kinect for 15 mins. and my racquetball to 40 mins. My starting weight for the new year is 192.3!! my goal is 125 hopefully the end of August ;-)
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    OK Happy New ME!! I am increasing my water intake to 10 glasses! ( hopefully I wont drown), LOL. I will be adding doing Zumba on the Kinect for 15 mins. and my racquetball to 40 mins. My starting weight for the new year is 192.3!! my goal is 125 hopefully the end of August ;-)

awesome i added you as a friend so any help we can all be there
    as for your goal awesome ,,, what i do so i dont get dsicouraged is i changed my ticker to my short term goal
    and for kinect zumba is so much fun
    invite friends or family over this way you dont quit when exhausted or feeling the burn
    my sis and i did it once and had so much fun tryna keep up lol
    and water lol yes yes you get bloated drinking so much a day
    but when you work out you feel the difference .
  • Ginger5544
    Options
    I'm in. I usually drink 8 cups of water, I'll up it to 10 cups...I walk 5000 steps 4 days a week, I'll increase it to 5 days and increase steps to 6000. This is my first full dy on this site. :wink:
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    I'm in. I usually drink 8 cups of water, I'll up it to 10 cups...I walk 5000 steps 4 days a week, I'll increase it to 5 days and increase steps to 6000. This is my first full dy on this site. :wink:

awesome goal and well def strive for it ... even post anything you feel and anything you have questions or concerns about and fridays are weigh ins if you have a weigh in with another group and it is a different day just message me and i will alter it ..
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Starting: Jan 2
    Weight: I'll update tonight :)
    Water: aiming for 12cups a day
    Workouts: looking for a 5-10 up on most exercises.

This should be pretty fun :) I'll have to give my weight after tonight as I haven't been to the gym since Thurs and I don't have a scale at home yet (in the process of getting one - gotta love gift cards!) :)

Good Luck Everyone! :)
  • bahorne74
    bahorne74 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Started the 2012 off at 200.6. For every can of pop I drink I will replace it with 2 glasses of water. (need to drink more water and less pop..it's diet, but still pop). Just started the Wii Fit Plus.... will do 40 mins instead of 30.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My challenge is to actually log my water - I know I drink a lot of water but I have started to log it today, see how long I last!

Also, I upped my squat weight in pump today and did the middle option on the lunge track - slowly but surely the legs are on the road to recovery. I want to try and do a fitball or pilates class at least once a week from now on thanks to a recommendation of a friend who is an exercise physiologist. Wish me luck!
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    I'm in. Started the 2012 off at 200.6. For every can of pop I drink I will replace it with 2 glasses of water. (need to drink more water and less pop..it's diet, but still pop). Just started the Wii Fit Plus.... will do 40 mins instead of 30.

this is an awesome goal and soda def should replace with water or what i did to stop drinking soda was getting the flavored sparkling water , soda is so horrible i realized when i found a website a long time ago and it was plastic water bottle vs soda , and my friend a cop in training told me they used soda to clean blood bleh i hardly ever drink it ,, ginger ale here and there for cramps but thats it lol and well 40 mins yes or even 5 mins extra a couple days to help you smooth into 40 ya know ...
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    My challenge is to actually log my water - I know I drink a lot of water but I have started to log it today, see how long I last!

Also, I upped my squat weight in pump today and did the middle option on the lunge track - slowly but surely the legs are on the road to recovery. I want to try and do a fitball or pilates class at least once a week from now on thanks to a recommendation of a friend who is an exercise physiologist. Wish me luck!

awesome especially pilates ahhh ups to you i cant even do the beginners lol i should try that on on demand lol but yeah it is hard work and yes log water because before i didnt log my water either and i wasnt getting as much as i had actually thought so def ,,
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Starting: Jan 2
    Weight: I'll update tonight :)
    Water: aiming for 12cups a day
    Workouts: looking for a 5-10 up on most exercises.

This should be pretty fun :) I'll have to give my weight after tonight as I haven't been to the gym since Thurs and I don't have a scale at home yet (in the process of getting one - gotta love gift cards!) :)

Good Luck Everyone! :)

Updated weight to 191.0 - still have to pick up a scale.
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    who you tellin me too
  • jessersue
    jessersue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Water: Drink at least 8 cups a day. No Soda!
    Workout: ry to do an extra 1/2 hour in gym on off day do yoga or play wii tennis for an hour.
    Weight: 195 as of Sunday January 1st
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    Water: Drink at least 8 cups a day. No Soda!
    Workout: ry to do an extra 1/2 hour in gym on off day do yoga or play wii tennis for an hour.
    Weight: 195 as of Sunday January 1st

awesome and well as for you weight loss by friday do you want to move any or do you have a short term weight goal @ all and yes 8 cups of water is great and then once you work out all that water weight burns quicker and wii yah my mom actually just got one ima have to try it lol ... and well lets get these results..
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    After a rough holiday (ie. not eating well) i am ready to get back into it.
    Goals: add 2 glasses of water to my daily intake, and run an extra 1km. :0)
  • Miztif
    Options
    Welcome ;-).
  • Miztif
    Options
    I really like the idea of changing my ticker to a smaller weight. At least until I get past my half way mark!! My kids can keep me busy with the kinect.
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    After a rough holiday (ie. not eating well) i am ready to get back into it.
    Goals: add 2 glasses of water to my daily intake, and run an extra 1km. :0)

AWESOME AND RUNNING DEF AMAZING AND GREAT, I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO SOMETIMES SINCE IM SITTING ALL DAY ... AND WELL WATER DEF DEF GREAT IM ACTUALLY IN A 10LBS DOWN BY VDAY GROUP AND THAT IS OUR CHALLENGE TO ADD TO CUPS OF WATER ON WHAT WE DRINK EACH DAY IT IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT LOL
  • Miztif
    Options
    Hello. Yes I try the water vs. soda ratio as well. It really does work. It helps you overcome the sweet and carb cravings.;-)
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    I really like the idea of changing my ticker to a smaller weight. At least until I get past my half way mark!! My kids can keep me busy with the kinect.

yes it helps me from getting discouraged because once i hit that first short term goal i will def feel like i hit the longer ones and i feel so much closer