Location ideas

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
Please post any and all location ideas here!

Replies

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    it has to be somewhere easily accessible by anyone coming in from NJ, CT ...
  • Muneca2899
    Options
    I would say the Bronx Zoo but that is just the mother in me. *Gosh I need some adult interaction*. :embarassed:
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I would say the Bronx Zoo but that is just the mother in me. *Gosh I need some adult interaction*. :embarassed:

OMG, I love the Bronx Zoo!! I'm just worried about ease of getting there for people coming from all over.
  • raven56706
    Options
    make it around times square
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    make it around times square

Yeah, probably easiest for everybody
  • greg331
    greg331 Posts: 38
    Options
    9/11 memorial...and then local pub.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I have no interest in the memorial... but the Patriot Saloon is always a good time
  • Lola1675
    Lola1675 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whiskey Rebel 28th & 29th on Lexington Ave
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

I love Whiskey Rebel!
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

I really do love it!
  • greg331
    greg331 Posts: 38
    Options

I have no interest in the memorial... but the Patriot Saloon is always a good time

I hope you have no interest in WTC as an MFP venue, otherwise a broadly insensitive comment, especially considering those who died like my roomate and those impacted. But I can get down there on my own time..
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The Gallway Hooker in midtown! I could get group rates for The Empire State Building! I work there :)
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

I hope you have no interest in WTC as an MFP venue, otherwise a broadly insensitive comment, especially considering those who died like my roomate and those impacted. But I can get down there on my own time..

I was there that day, worked with the OEM for weeks there during the recovery and have no interest in that site being a tourist area.
  • raven56706
    Options
    Any ideas in Times Square which is easy for everybody?
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

Times Square is like Disney Land... over crowded and expensive. A couple of blocks in any direction is MUCH better and not difficult to get to.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Times Square is like Disney Land... over crowded and expensive. A couple of blocks in any direction is MUCH better and not difficult to get to.

Agreed! Times sure is wayyyyyy too busy!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    The Gallway Hooker in midtown! I could get group rates for The Empire State Building! I work there :)

Ok, what if we do a group rate to the Empire State Building, which would be nice for those who haven't been to the city much (or are like me. I'm ashamed to admit I've never been to the top, lol), and then pick a place in that general vicinity? It's also good cuz it's not crazy far from Penn Station, Grand Central, or Port Authority. Thoughts?
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    What about central park? Walk around some and check that out, then head somewhere for lunch/dinner/drinks? Or the other way around... get everybody comfortable over drinks and lunch then check out CP