Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering where our fearless leader is and if she's doing ok.... no goals so far for the week. Though I guess I wouldn't be accomplishing them on vacation, anyway!

I coudn't even make myself do strength training on my regular night last night so yeah probably not. :/ This just reinforces that I'm not ready to break the dependency with my trainer yet even though I'd certainly like to save the money. Its just hard to make myself most days.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just going to do the same challenges as last week.
    7 Owls and 7 Newts.
    720 exercise minutes. Less than usual due to vacation and being sick for a couple days.
    3.6 pounds lost. Down to 172.4.
    Have a great week everyone and Merry Christmas!
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey all, hope you had a wonderful holiday period! I was really naughty and made the decision not to log or weigh over Christmas, going to weigh in on Friday though, last weigh in of the year! I did well to lose a bit of weight and master my binge eating disorder this year, so hope I can build on that next year and finally reach my goal!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Happy New Year Slytherins! It all seems quiet on the Slytherin front, let's not let this group die!

My weigh in for this week is a miserable 279 lbs. BOO.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    7 newts 7 owls. 1.4 pounds lost down to 171. 805 exercise minutes.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hi, Slytherin!

I've been a little behind, so I just realized when Troy pointed it out that no one's heard from Lesley (MacSkillz) as far as Hogwarts goes in a few weeks. I'm going to try to see what's up with her, but in the mean time, does anyone feel comfortable stepping in and keeping track of things? You can message me if you have questions, too.

I'm going to go back through your Common Room and try to get the last two weeks of December so we can post results for now. I definitely don't want you guys to miss out!

Bronwen
    MFP Hogwarts Headmistress
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    7 newts 7 owls. 1.4 pounds lost down to 171. 805 exercise minutes.

Also, your exercise minutes for the week after Christmas are awesome, but they don't count for January since last week was a 'vacation week'. Seriously great dedication, tho!
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OK, starting 2012 at 287lbs! That's 4.8lbs down from my last weigh-in so counting Christmas holidays... feeling pretty awesome right now :)

I think I might up my calorie goals, though. Considering that while I was away I paid attention to my portions but didn't log anything, barely exercised, and definitely ate my share of Christmas baking and still lost weight, I think my daily calories might be too low. I'm going to leave them as is for this week as I get back into my regular eating routine,but if there's no change this week I'm going to drop my goal to 1lb per week maybe.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    If you're lucky enough to be a part of Pottermore Beta, and haven't been on for awhile, you should go check it out again! Dueling is up and super fun, and the potion brewing doesn't take as long so it's a bit more fun.

I'm excited :)
  • poorcopies
    Options
    If you're lucky enough to be a part of Pottermore Beta, and haven't been on for awhile, you should go check it out again! Dueling is up and super fun, and the potion brewing doesn't take as long so it's a bit more fun.

I'm excited :)

Oooh I haven't been on for awhile, I will have to check it out.

I did get an awesome Kymera wand for Christmas and have had much fun programming that to control my TV / DVD player. AMAZING.
  • tameko2
    Options
    OK, starting 2012 at 287lbs! That's 4.8lbs down from my last weigh-in so counting Christmas holidays... feeling pretty awesome right now :)

I think I might up my calorie goals, though. Considering that while I was away I paid attention to my portions but didn't log anything, barely exercised, and definitely ate my share of Christmas baking and still lost weight, I think my daily calories might be too low. I'm going to leave them as is for this week as I get back into my regular eating routine,but if there's no change this week I'm going to drop my goal to 1lb per week maybe.

That is really awesome Josie, grats on your loss!

I am a big believer in the eat more to lose camp - you might not lose *weight* as fast as if you starve yourself but you will lose more fat and less muscle AND my energy levels are a million times better.

I'll post OWLS and NEWTS for this week while we wait for Mac.

I always forget which one is the food one and which one is the exercise one sooo:

The Food One: Log ALL your food and drinks every day, and don't go over your allotted calories.
    1 point for logging for 2 days.
    2 points for logging for 4 days.
    3 points for logging for 6 days.
    4 points for logging for 7 days.
    5 for not going over your calories more than 2 days.
    6 for not going over your calories more than 1 day.
    7 for logging perfectly and not missing your calorie goals!

The Exercise One: Increase your activity (exercise or otherwise) for 20 minutes every day. This can be walking to starbucks instead of driving, or doing yard work or house work, or it can be adding 20 minutes to your day. 1 point for every day you do this.

If your week already started and you have less than 7 days left in the week you should just give yourself the extra points for the days you missed.

And um...what's pottermore? :blushing:
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks tameko2!

I always remember which is which because NEWTs sounds most like Nutrition, so it's the food one :)

I'll work on the NEWTs -- shouldn't be hard now that I'm back in my regular routine to keep within my calorie goal.

I'm not sure how to figure the 20 minutes more than usual on exercise since I don't have a regular amount of time I do...
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. My last check in was the 19th, but I do have my weight from last week but I don't know if its too late to post that and should wait till next sun/monday to check in?
  • tameko2
    Options
    Just take your best guess at a little extra erin. For me, I usually make it something like walking to get lunch/coffee instead of driving. Or even if I'm not planning on exercising getting up and playing Kinect for a little bit. Basically doing 20minutes beyond what you might normally have done that day
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Slytherins,

I've just met with the headmaster and will be joining Slytherin House this term. This is my first day at Hogwarts, but I joined MFP back in March 2011.

A little about me: I'm 26, 5'9" and getting back on the wagon now that my life has settled down after a big move/job change, etc at the end of the summer that carried me far far away from MFP. Excuses, excuses, I know. But I'm back and with a 3lbs loss still left. So that's something.

I've started my gym routine (elliptical girl) back up, as well as joined a boxing gym and started up with some cardio kickboxing and such. Carbs are more deadly to me than the Killing Curse.

Hope your 2012 is starting of on the right foot. I'll be lurking (as we Slytherins supposedly do) and of course back to check in on Monday.

Weight as of Monday, Jan 2: 243.6 lbs (for tracking and calculation purposes only; I know I missed this week's check-in)

Cheers,
    Sam
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • tameko2
    Options
    Welcome Sam! I want to hug that kitten so hard!

I'm doing good on the extra activity so far - walked to coffee and lunch yesterday. Did it again today!
  • josieup
    josieup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had such a great plan for my extra 20 minutes today, and parked on the opposite end of the building from where I wanted to be. That was fine in the morning when it was chilly but clear. And then it snowed alllll day. So getting *back* to my car was slower going and fairly treacherous! (Only slipped once today! I do think it's time to get new boots.)

New plan for tomorrow: Get up 20 minutes early and do some cleaning. That's fairly vigorous, even if it would be rude to vacuum at 6 in the morning :P

Welcome Sam! We are certainly good at lurking, you'll fit right in!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    CW: 276.8

2.2 lbs off

10 NEWTS, 4 OWLS

340 excersise mins / 2513 cals burnt
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

SW: 243.6 lbs
    CW: 238.2 lbs

-5.4 lbs

7 NEWTS / ? OWLS (I'm not exactly sure how to calculate OWLS; is it 1 pt for every day you increase by 20 -- 20, 40, 60, etc? Or for every day you do at least 20 more than your usual -- normal 34 mins, but did 58 for the day?)

539 mins / 4829 cals