New year .. .. new tool

Options
:smile:

I'm loving how handy this app is to have on your phone ..

I was doing WW online .. but it was a pain not being handy on the phone ..

..have spent half this morning looking at all the fun things on things site ..

:happy:

..so not much exercise done .. and a late lunch coz I was just too:bigsmile: busy on here ..

Replies

• fourbees
    fourbees Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Its a great site :) Lots if it is quiet 'American' but there is enough that isn't that is still REALLY helpful.

I like ready the success stories and looking at the photos for motivation :D

I had a free 2 week WW trial and did both MFP and WW at the same time (had a WW app on my phone) but they were so simliar I just stuck with the free one :D

I like how you can look at your weekly values too, so if you had a rough day you can see it prob doesn't matter when you look at the whole week
  • mooloogirl1
    mooloogirl1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am chocoholic Mumma on ebb! I am on day 1 of this and I think its great! I am trying to find out though how do you find low calorie food that is good for snacks? I just went to the supermarket and used the scanner tool on my phone - its brilliant!! Bettina
  • tashold
    tashold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Mylittlecuties on EBB, dh and I joined MFP on Monday, but started properly yesterday. I did Calorie King for a while last year and lost 3kg and I have another 2 to go (its not much I know but it seems really hard to shift) and thought MFP would give me the motivation. Weight lose aside, I also have a terribly sweet tooth so thought this would help change my eating habits.

For snacks, not sure if you can get it in NZ (I am in Aust) but I eat the Cool Pak popcorn. It comes in packs of 10 and is ready popped, with only 94cals per big bag, its super filling and tastes good too. Otherwise I have 10 almonds, or a piece of fruit.....I also allow myself 5 pieces (one row) of Old Gold Chocolate a day for my after dinner cuppa.

Excercise wise, I need to restart doing my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd, and will take over from dh and start walking the dog a couple of times a week.

Looking forward to keeping motivated with you!
  • twinzplusone
    Options
    Ooohh .. I like the idea of having a "treat" to look forward to .. :-)

I lost a lot of weight about 2 years ago .. but with a lot of things going on in my life (stress-levels through the roof) ..and going back on anti-depressants .. the scales have headed back up ..

I agree though that those last few kgs are usually some of the toughest to lose ..

I too like the all the reports etc and how you can get an overall picture of how you are going ..rather than focusing on one day :-)

Chocoholic Mumma ..I'll be going along the "snacks" aisle with my phone now ..lol .. and checking out what they all come out like :-)

Can you add foods ..to use them later on - in the app?
  • kermitnz
    Options
    I'm excited by how easy it is... just used the scanner and it took no time at all to do the diary.
    I've done WW online before and lost motivation as I am SO slow to lose weight but have just ordered a copy of 'accidentally overweight' to read as I think it really applies to me/my body type and hopefully that helps me focus on the best way to eat & exercise effectively. I also use imapmyrun and realised I've walked well over 80 kms in the last 2 months to loose under 2kg :sad:
  • Kyzd
    Kyzd Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm a bit like you tashold I don't have alot to shift but I do seem to struggle shifting it. I'm not so much worried about my weighing myself but I will be measuring myself. I'm now on my 5th day here and it has been able to see what I'm doing wrong ie how much those 2 lollies here or there cost you.
  • denz100plus
    denz100plus Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight about 2 years ago .. but with a lot of things going on in my life (stress-levels through the roof) ..and going back on anti-depressants .. the scales have headed back up ..

Do AD's effect your weight?
  • Anastaciak
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am trying to get my eating on track, I have some terrible bad habits atm, like not eating all day and then way too much bad stuff at night. Am trying to do low carbs for a few days to just have a quick start to make me feel better, feel so fat and depressed about it right now. The low carbs is SO hard, I get to lunchtime every day and just cave, I plan to count WW points in the long run, am a bit all over the place atm.
    But I have been great with exercise, every day except one since Christmas, so that is making me feel a bit better.

how do I scan bar codes on my iPhone, I get the little camera thing come up but don't know how to scan anything.

I am BusyBusyBusy on EBB, I am not really sure who you people with different names are but please feel free to add me :)
  • twinzplusone
    Options
    Denz100plus - the AD's I am on seemed to
    .. the positives .. slowed me down and made me more "balanced" ..
    ..the negative .. slowed my metabolism and made me a bit lethargic .. I'm now on a reduced dose and I feel a lot more motivated .. :-)

They affect each person differently though :-)
  • denz100plus
    Options
    Well, my weight has just gone up and up since I have been on them. Put on about 6kg (christmas did not help!!). So wondered about them. But I am on my last dose, hope to be off them in 3-4mths time.

BBB - I am still tossing between low cal and low carb. Gonna try low cal for a week and if I see no significant change I will low carb. I know I can easily lose 1kg a week law carbing and I do not feel hungry after bacon and eggs for breakfast (tho I often have my cereal to get some fibre in).
  • Dejay50
    Options
    hi everyone, I'm dejay on eBB. I'm such a geek, I love tracking everything. Only on day 1 and not too much weight to lose. More of a tone up the lose bits so will need to look at different exercise i think. yay to NY resolutions.
  • megcsx2
    megcsx2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    DJ I am exactly the same, wanting to tone up my wobbly bits which I have quite a bit more after baby #3!
  • denz100plus
    Options
    I cannot wait to get my new phone so I can use the app!

I am different. I have HEAPS of weight to lose. I am not sure I am doing the right thing, but I have set a goal which is hard but reasonable. Back to what I was when I got married 12 years ago. That is 20kg off. But really, I would love 40-50kg off... but that just seems to impossible, so I set a realistic goal first. Is that right, or should I aim for the whole lot?
  • Dejay50
    Options
    I'm no expert but I reckon your goal of 20kg is a fantastic goal and that I would be well pleased to be my bride weigh again:)
  • cadiam
    cadiam Posts: 1
    Options
    oooh this is neat, pity i dont have a phone that can do the scanning - what sort of phone do you need to do that? , just got a huge shock when i did the 'calculate your BMI' omg freak I have more to lose than i thought.
  • lilljay
    Options
    I couldn't find the scanner anywhere until I went to "add" food to my diary via the phone and the little barcode was there Cadiam... I've been rummaging throught the pantry scanning stuff but it doesn't recognise marmite!

There are still some sticky buns in the pantry but the thought of having one for lunch and then adding it to my food diary made me think 'nah, maybe later!' hehe
  • denz100plus
    Options
    haha that is great. Peer pressure eh, a great thing (sometimes). I do the same. I just had crackers with tomato, but I did not really have to add cheese, so I didn't. Certainly makes you think 2ce about what you put in your gob, which is why is think it is probably healthier and more long term than low carbing, although low carbing gives instant results and an all you can eat menu (so long as it is cheese, eggs and meat! plus salad).
  • mooloogirl1
    mooloogirl1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hows everyones day going? I am finding I get really hungry and hang out for my next meal!! Weather crappy here so no chance of going for a walk (well there is but I am not going out there to walk in it!(
  • Dejay50
    Options
    Yeah, the down side of being on holiday and being at home is that I always feel like eating! Took my youngest to the movies yesterday and it was great as I didn't think about food for a few hours:)
  • denz100plus
    Options
    Yeah I find I am hungry too... but then I often think that I am not actually hungry, i just think I am! stupid brain!

Wondering if I should eat more often but less. Rather than a big meal 3 times a day....???

I hate thinking of food all the time, which is why i like low carb. And weighing food is a new one for me. Also find I am typing in what I am eating as I am eating it, rather than after. Gotta stop doing that!

But it has been great to keep me aware and thinking of what i shove in. Feeling fab too!!! But it has only been 3 days... ask me again in 2 weeks!