What Is your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    I've got a photo of myself on the My Body Gallery site.

1.jpg

That photo was taken in August at 222, and unfortunately I have gained a few pounds and inches back since starting an evening masters program and blowing my exercise regimen to hell. (I'm already remedying this, however.)

Anyway, I'm 5'9" on a medium frame; calculators have given me anywhere from the 150s to 180s, so it's really hard to judge what my goal is at this point. For now, I'd be thrilled to get to "Onederland"!
  • OKfreebird
    OKfreebird Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right now I am shooting for 200, since I am very heavy and have a lot to lose anyway until I meet that number (currently 273 lbs). But I think ideally, I like to be about 150 lbs. Once I hit 200, I'll shoot for 150 then.....
  • OKfreebird
    OKfreebird Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've got a photo of myself on the My Body Gallery site.

1.jpg

That photo was taken in August at 222, and unfortunately I have gained a few pounds and inches back since starting an evening masters program and blowing my exercise regimen to hell. (I'm already remedying this, however.)

Anyway, I'm 5'9" on a medium frame; calculators have given me anywhere from the 150s to 180s, so it's really hard to judge what my goal is at this point. For now, I'd be thrilled to get to "Onederland"!

Don't feel bad. I gained a lot of my weight ever since I went back to school. :( Right now I am trying to get my health back in control again. I just started the spring semester yesterday and am wondering how I am going to keep exercising while I am at school. Will have to take some planning. ;)
  • ckkh
    ckkh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My goal weight has been a moving target since I started MFP last January. I am 5'10" and my starting weight was 194lbs. My initial goal weight was 160 (based on BMI), but then when I met that, I reevaluated and set a net goal weight of 150lbs (my weight of 9yrs and 2 pregnancies ago). Then I met that one, looked in the mirror, and set a new goal of 145lbs. My current weight is 140lbs, with a plan of never going over 145lbs again. I am less concerned with the number now, and more focused on how I feel and look. I definitely still have some "trouble spots" to work on. It's funny, but I am almost more critical of every little blib, bulge, and "jiggly bit" now, than I was when I was heavy.
  • KBrushing
    KBrushing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I saw this group and thought hey, I'm in!! I'm 5'11" with a large frame and would love to see 180 lbs again. That would put me at a size 12 in which I looked and felt great in. Currently in size 16 and loathing myself. I refuse to go higher!!
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and my goal weight is 170 pounds. I started MFP at 235 and after one year, am down to 183 :)
  • Danielle518
    Danielle518 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" ANd I'd like to see 180!
  • mandirajoy
    mandirajoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'9" and my goal weight is 145lbs. I weighed 125/135 for the longest time as a teen/young adult but people thought I was anorexic even though I wasn't....when I got married I shot up to 191. I am currently down to 182.5 and 145 seems about perfect for my body type. :)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    5'10, aiming for 140
  • Tootie512
    Tootie512 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 and my goal weight by June is 175 but I'd love to be 150-160
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 165. I am currently 206 and hope to be 185 by June (would LOVE to be 180 by my 21st birthday on June 23rd).
  • nodone
    nodone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So happy to see a tall womens forum! Im 5ft 11 currently 196pounds... was 220... I have a rather large frame due to amateur swimming when i was younger the lowest i have been was around 140pounds and although im quite broad shouldered i carried the weight well. im aiming to get back down to 140 pounds using each 10 pounds as my next target goal. i know that due to getting a wee bit older will be slightly more difficult but the results are so worth it! and at least will be a whole lot fitter too!!! :bigsmile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'10 and currently at 224. My goal would probably be around 175. I carry most my weight in my bell but am content with my butt, legs and boobs.
  • jeanelld
    jeanelld Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11, and my goal is to be 150 lbs. I think that would have me at a size 6 or 8. I have huge boobs (thanks mom) and really look forward to those puppies going down. I am currently 226 lbs, clothes size 14, and a 40G.
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    At 5' 9.25", my ideal weight would be in the 162-167 lb range. When I was in my 20s, I was able to get to 155 lbs, but now that I am in my 40s, I know that will be hard to reach again. So I just want to get into the non-overweight area (heck, at this point I'd like to get out of the obese section). I have big bones (my hands have always been the size of most men's hands, even at my thinnest), so I think it is realistic. Right now I have over 120 lbs to lose to get there, and my goal is to lose about 55 lbs of that this year.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight right now is 150. I am at 197 right now.
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" with a medium frame and would like to get to 148. I'm currently at 178 and I definitely have some more to lose.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great to hear all of your goals! Let's keep up the hard work and get there!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Love this group!!!

I am just under 6 feet tall and right now I'm 166 pounds. When I started on MFP the week after Thanksgiving I was 176 so I'm moving in the right direction. In High School I was about 125. I don't wan't to be back there again because I think I was a bit too skinny. When I got married in 2004 I was 155 which was a good weight for me... thin but not super skinny. Right now that is where I have my goal weight but I can see myself pushing it down more to 150 or possibly even 145 once I get there if I'm still not happy. I don't think I'd go below the mid- 140's ever again though.
  • Iluvcheezits
    Iluvcheezits Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    6 FT - Goal is 150 any smaller may look weird but we'll see