Week One People?

Options
Would love to friend anyone whose on week one :) I started today!

Replies

• MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on week One. Going for my first run tonight after my husband gets home from work. I'm actually excited about it.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also on week 1. Got my first one in earlier today at the gym. I could tell it's been awhile, but I have done it before, so it didn't seem TOO bad. Looking to run a 5K on April 1st and another in May, so I figure I better get to it!

Good luck to those of you that are also just starting. :)
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    I just started today! D1W1 done and I don't feel too bad, I actually enjoyed the running! I'm using a Podcast to help with timing etc.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm back to Week 1 as well. Re-starting the program after getting injured in November on Week 3...

So, today: W1D1! And from experience I can say that it was surprisingly easy to follow the program & it felt great being able to run.

BTW, I'm using the NHS podcast. Tried various apps as well, but just found them annoying & distracting to handle.
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    Options
    So day 1 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was exhausted afterward and had to sit for 5 minutes but I was exhilarated at completing it. I can't wait until Wednesday now to do it again. I have an app on my IPhone that tells me when to walk/run and loved it
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day as well! I made it to week 3 back in November before I got really sick. Now I'm back at it -- it was a little tougher than the last time I started ... must be those few extra holiday lbs that snuck on :(

Good luck to everyone!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I will be doing w1d3 tonight. I did days 1 and 2 last week (Wednesay and Friday - trying to get on a MWF schedule). Unfortunately, we had huge storms this morning and I couldn't get out (doing this on the road, not in the gym). I'll try to do it after work.
  • AthenaSoul
    AthenaSoul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going for my first run/walk today. Bit nervous because I haven't run for a long time. The last time was for a charity 5k back in 2010.

13874072.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Would love to friend anyone whose on week one :) I started today!
    I am on week one. Today is my third day! I love it! feel free to add me!
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I will be doing w1d3 tonight. I did days 1 and 2 last week (Wednesay and Friday - trying to get on a MWF schedule). Unfortunately, we had huge storms this morning and I couldn't get out (doing this on the road, not in the gym). I'll try to do it after work.

I am on day w1d3 also! feel free to add my as a friend!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just finished my first day. Felt pretty good afterwards but I know it'll only get tougher from here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MrsTomkins
    MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am restarting the program after not doing so well with it due to me being lazy from the holidays lol. Just being honest!! Tomorrow is day 3.. I am trying to do the routines 5 times before moving on to the next week.. last time I really struggled.. feel free to add me! I could use the motivation!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did W1D3 last night, so I'm movin' on to week two tomorrow morning!
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congrats, everyone! I'm doing W1D3 tomorrow!
  • 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I did W1D2 this morning and am loving it. The first time I have ever enjoyed exercise :) feel free to add me!
  • Adrienne2001
    Options
    I am about to start in a few minutes for the first time, kind of nervous. Feel free to add me.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    W1D2 today...was a little hard going during the running as it is windy today and I was running into it! Body feels a little stiff in places but no sore muscles :)
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D1 - so proud of myself! I had to skip one of the jogging sets in the middle as it was up a hill and my right shin was in agony for some reason. I can still feel it an hour later - I know I'm going to be hurting there tomorrow. I think I'm going to continue W1 for the next week and a half and only move on to W2 when I'm fully comfortable and my body can get through the workout without any pain.
  • llingriff77
    Options
    I started on Sunday and have done W1 twice so wil do my last one tomorrow, and it'll be my first outdoor run.

I started C25K last summer and got to Week 4 but due to work and some other stuff I gave up, so annoyed with myself.

I'm determined to get through the 9 weeks and have signed up for two 5K events and one 10K before my 35th birthday at the end of June.
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    Options
    W1D2 wasn't as bad as day 1. I felt achy all over but some stretches, warm shower and a good night sleep and I feel great today. Bring on Day 3