Hi Everyone

Options
noni77
noni77 Posts: 58 Member
Hi everyone

Welcome to the group.

With the 12wbt forums and all the 12wbt facebook groups we may not be too active here - but I can see great benefit in linking up with others on here (and becoming friends) so that we have an extra way to keep accountable - if we want - through our news feed on myfitnesspal. Especially as we understand about the 1200 calories and not necessarily eating your calories burned through exercise.

I was pretty good with sticking to the menu plans last round (my first round) - but terrible at tracking consistently on here - so feel free to give me a kick up the butt if you see in the news feeds that I am slacking off. :happy:

I joined up for Round 1 2012 yesterday - and can't wait for preseason to start!

Cheers
Leonie :smile:

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how the nutrition worked... So everyone is on 1200 calories and you don't eat back your exercise cals?
  • noni77
    Options
    That's right.

At first that seemed a bit scary to me :sad: but if you make the right choices its plenty to eat. :laugh:

Basically, 300 per meal and 300 for snacks for the day.

Men have more calories. (I think its an extra 300???)

And pregnant and breastfeeding women also have more calories. There's a fact sheet for that already available on the 12wbt website.
  • kr3851
    Options
    It's definitely do-able!! I'm on about 1400 at the moment and only eat my exercise cals when I want to eat crap (which is turning into every night....not good) so its probably a very good thing that for 12 weeks I can't eat them back.
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've tried the "MFP way" before, and it didn't work for me. On 12WBT I lost nearly 14kg in 12 weeks in my first round, and another 2.7kg in the month since we finished, including Christmas parties and Christmas day! So I'm loving the program, and it definitely works better for me than eating my exercise calories back.

You can't out-train poor nutrition is one of Mish's sayings, and she's right. Get the food right and the rest (weight loss, health, overall fitness) will follow.
  • noni77
    Options
    @ Primm

I hear what you're saying about the exercise and eating back. I was a WW leader for 9 years - using the point system, and I shudder know to think about how I encouraged people to exercise more so they could eat more. :cry:

Leonie
  • Debzzzz
    Options
    Hi
    Just dropped in to say hi, signed up for 12wbt tonight and joined my fitness pal as well....only a couple of kilos to lose,but sometimes that can be the hardest! See you around the forums!
  • noni77
    Options
    Welcome Debzzzz and all the other new members.

Yep whether its 5 or 50 it can be tough work - but our consistency will pay off in the end. And that's where I need help - and a not so gentle prod at times :wink: becuase I can be slack about logging in and being accurate about the cals.
  • Debzzzz
    Options
    Hey guys help needed........I made a ticker but don't know how to get it on my posts!
  • noni77
    Options
    Hi Debzzzz

I think I know............click on "settings" just under the "12wbt &Mfp Members" towards the top of this page. There is a box to check if you want the mfp ticker to appear on your posts. It will probably be checked ready. Click on save - or update - or whatever the button says.

Hope this helps
    Leonie :)
  • katrinaonus
    Options
    Hi, I've been using MFP for almost 7 months and my three friends are my two sisters and a friend of 10 years...at the moment, I'm the only one still using the site so I'm a bit lacking in the motivation part! Signed up for 12WBT today after quitting a week or two into Round 2 last year - I was not in the right head space to make the change having just moved to a new city and starting a new job. This time I'm going to make it work!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am so looking forward to starting 12WBT again, I did round 1 and 2 this year and lost a bit over 20kg but I have gained back about 7kg since September :noway: ughhh!!! Those last 5kg are definitely the toughest :cry: Oh well, I bought the crunchtime cookbooks today and plan to get started on Monday, and this time I am going to stick much more closely to the menu and exercise plans and see how that works for me.

Good luck everyone :happy:
  • Debzzzz
    Options
    Hi Leonie

Thanks for your help, I have ticked the box and saved so hear goes,let's hope the ticker shows!
  • Debzzzz
    Options
    Thanks Leonie,all good, it worked , now to do something about tracking food and exercising! Lol
  • muttley27
    muttley27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, thanks for the invitation to the group.

Once I sign up, Round 1 of 2012 will be my 2nd round. I lost roughly 6 kilos last round and hope to do that (and hopefully a bit more) this round. Its a long "weigh" to my goal weight but I can do it. This is something I would have never said in my previous weight loss programs. I have been jumping on the scales over xmas and new year just to remind myself to slow down (the eating) if the numbers looked bad. I ended the round at 108.2 and weighing in this morning I am on 107.5. Not sure how i did that as i am not following the program strictly at all :)

Back to work today and back to tracking what i eat and exercising... good luck to all

Find me on Facebook if you like - Annemarie Manning am here to give support in anyway I can :smile:
  • aussiejovimum
    aussiejovimum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there newbie here, using mfp and signed up for the first round of 12wbt. Struggling with the calories side of the equation at the moment, can't get under about 1500 a day, so 1200 when we start 12wbt is going to kill me. Blows me away how many calories stuff has in it, specially things I think are healthy. Love the app tho, makes me feel guilty for not hitting my targets and more determined to do better tomorrow.
  • kr3851
    Options
    Hi there newbie here, using mfp and signed up for the first round of 12wbt. Struggling with the calories side of the equation at the moment, can't get under about 1500 a day, so 1200 when we start 12wbt is going to kill me. Blows me away how many calories stuff has in it, specially things I think are healthy. Love the app tho, makes me feel guilty for not hitting my targets and more determined to do better tomorrow.

I've learned to eat heaps more veggies with my dinner and cut down on rice/potatoes/pasta in my meals. It's amazing how much food you can fit in on 1200 calories a day - although I must admit I've been eating around 1500 a day until I signed up to 12WBT so have only been on 1200 for a week, but I'm only 'hungry' when I first wake up, and at other times during the day where I have now realised I am actually thirsty and have been downing water by the litre...
  • noni77
    Options
    @ kr3851 - that's a huge change well done! I got a bit of a shock when I first started following the crunchtime cookbook last preseason, as I was using Lite and Easy 1800 calorie plan (and tracking on here - kind of) and starving most of the time. So cutting back to 1200 seemed rather daunting at first.

@ aussiejovemum - once you start getting Michelle's menu plan and recipes I'm sure it will be easier to stick to 1200 calories a day. I know what you mean about the calories in what we regard as "healthy" food - it can be downright scary!

@ Annemarie - well done on the loss over Christmas!

@ Katrionaonus - make sure you head of to the member list of this group and make some friend requests. You'll have the support you need in no time!

@ Amandac72 - that's great getting rid of 20kgs - the end is in sight for you!

Cheers
    Leonie :smile:
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've just signed up for my first time on 12wbt. I don't understand much about it yet but from what I read here it certainly makes sense to not eat what you're exercising off. I've joined a gym a few weeks ago and have been eating more on those days but I've upped my water intake now so hopefully I'll feel less hungry after my workouts. Can't wait for it to start.

Anyone else doing this for the first time?

Feel free to friend me :)
  • noni77
    Options
    Hi ravenone777 and welcome :)

I'm sure there's quite a few people here who are newbies.

Once preseason gets underway on Monday - you'll start to find out everything you need to know.

But in the meantime - don't hesitate to ask questions in the forums or in here.

Leonie :)
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great thank you. I'm already feeling a bit in limbo as I need to buy groceries and don't want to be spending money stocking up on the wrong type of food. I'm sticking to a good eating plan now though so I guess I can't be too wrong.