Whats on your menu today?

Options
Laura_beau
Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Hey guys

We all need inspiration and new ideas for meal plans and recipes- so here's a place to share what your meals are for the day.

So post anything- whether it be a snack or a full day of your meals, we can all get inspiration.

Recipes and carb counts are good too if you have them to hand.

I'll start with tomorrows for me: (i'm following a 100g or lower carb diet).

Breakfast- scrambled eggs with mushrooms & spinach. Black coffee.

Lunch: Green salad with stir fried chicken breast & green pesto dressing with grated parmesan.

Afternoon snack: sugar free jelly (Jell-o) pot. Baby bell cheese.

Dinner: Greek moussaka (Got the recipe here: http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/moussaka

served with tenderstem broccoli and spinach leaf salad dressed in chiili & olive oil.

Replies

• Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love to stir fry. Here was my lunch today. Totals:
    Cals: 312
    Carbs: 27 (mostly the broccoli)
    Fat: 18
    Protein: 21

Kikkoman - Less Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon (15mL) 10 1 0 1
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119 0 14 0
    Onion - White - Medium, 0.1 Cup 5 1 0 0
    House of Tsang - Szechuan Spicy Stir Fry Sauce, 1 Tbsp 25 4 1 0
    Generic - Top Sirloin Steak, No Visible Fat - Grilled, 2 oz 97 0 3 14
    Vegetable - Broccoli Steamed, 1 cup (250 ml) 31 18 0 3
    Fresh Veg - Asparagus - Steamed, 5 Spears 15 1 0 2
    Fresh Produce - Zucchini, 0.5 cup 10 2 0 1
  • lucy1945
    lucy1945 Posts: 153
    Options
    i'm grilling a marinated pork tenderloin with green beans and a salad.
  • INRBM
    INRBM Posts: 4
    Options
    Dinner tonight was high quality pork sausages with chunks of roasted celeriac, green beans, & courgette sauteed in butter. Last night was low carb fajitas (mama lupe tortilla, chicken, pepper, little red onion & some sour cream.

Looking forward to seeing some more posts here to get some new ideas, I don't eat much red meat except for the occasional burger or bolognese/chilli, so mostly eat bacon, chicken, salad & veg which is nice, but gets a bit samey!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was fresh - made from scratch - Chile Rellenos with shredded chicken and flavored with two types of habanero sauces...

Totally low-carb and so freakin' filling!

....hell, I think its helping to finally drain my sinuses
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    London broil with a bunch of yummy spices grilled with some lime juice with a side of green bell peppers, onion, garlic, and cauliflower "rice"
  • 4gr8kids
    Options
    Brown 3/4 pound ground chuck. Add 1/2 pound browned ground italian sausage (no nitrates/nitrites). Add 1 tsp hot pepper flakes, 1 tsp oregano and enough cheese to hold it all together. (3/4 cup or so). Spread on bread and heat under over broiler til warm.

I skipped the bread part and just ate the meat as a main dish :)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I made a very detailed post today on my wall. I made stock from shrimp/prawns and then added herbs vegies and some white fish and more prawns to create an Asian style soup. I will add glass/rice noodles for the fam but will have mine without.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Today for dinner I'm making a crustless quiche with smoked salmon & dill:

1 cup double cream (Heavy cream)
    3 beaten eggs
    2 large spring onions, chopped fine (Green onions/scallions)
    60g (2 oz) grated/shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese)
    Fresh chopped dill (about 1 tbsp)
    Salt and black pepper
    200g (3/4 cup) chopped smoked salmon

Lay the 'dry' ingredients into a greased ovenproof dish & pour over the cream/egg mixture. Top with extra cheese. Bake at 180 c /375 F for 20-25 mins.

Makes 4 portions- 1g carbs per portion.
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :smile: keep em comen lol i love all the ideas!

my snack for mid morning....2 slices smoked swiss cheese, 2 thin slices roast beef deli style and slices of avocado :) just wish i had some horse radish!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas!! I don't know why other people think this is so unhealthy - look at all the healthy protein, veggies, and fruits we eat!!

Breakfast this morning was 2 fried eggs, plus homemade breakfast sausage (part ground turkey, part ground pork, plus spices)

Lunch - leftover fried cabbage, carrots, and pork roast.

Not sure on dinner yet. As long as I try to keep some protein cooked ahead, and veggies available (fresh or frozen), I'm usually good!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Snacks: Mini Babybell cheese, green olives.

Lunch: Leftover crustless smoked salmon & dill quiche with homemade red cabbage slaw.

Dinner: Going out to a steakhouse tonight :o) I'm having the mussels in white wine & cream sauce to start, followed by the 12 oz rump steak with bernaise sauce and herb & leaf salad.

nommm!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Roast Beef with Horseradish, roast cauliflower, roast pumpkin.
    The last of my grain free christmas cake with heavy cream for dessert.
    :)
  • LeeSee1027
    LeeSee1027 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite comfort food: Chicken breast with broccoli and onions in alfredo sauce all mixed together in a bowl.

Low carb protein shake
    Chicken Caesar salad
    Turkey and cheese for snack
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Tonights dinner: Pork Green Chilli

Slow cooked shoulder of pork (fat removed from top to make crackling/pork rinds). Cooked for 6 hours in the slow cooker/crock pot until tender, then removed & shredded with a fork.

Put back into the crockpot with the following for a further 30 mins:

2 fresh green chilli peppers
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tsp ground cumin
    0.5 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp paprika (hot smoked paprika preferably)
    1 green bell pepper, sliced
    4 spring onion (green onions/scallions) chopped
    Kale or spinach- 2 cups
    Black pepper
    Salt (if needed, as pork can be salty)
    1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)

To Garnish- Optional

shredded cheese
    soured cream
    extra chilli flakes or chopped jalapenos

Carb count- 6g per big serving, depending on size of pork shoulder, this will generally serve 4-6 people.
  • cramernh
    Options
    This is my homemade Chimichurri sauce. A little goes A VERY LONG WAY!!!!! And it tastes so freaking good... Your steaks will never need anything else... My husband goes nuts for this stuff!!!

Fresh Raw (Nutritiondata.Com) - Cilantro, chopped 8 oz
    Fan - Fresh Parsley - Chopped 1 cup
    Oil - Olive, 0.5 cup
    Colavita Champagne Wine Vinegar - White Wine Vinegar, 1/2 C(15 mL)
    Fresh Produce - Garlic, Minced, 3 Clove
    Fresh - Lime , 1 Lime (Zest and juice)
    Fresh Produce - White Onion 1/2 cup
    Generic - Kosher Salt, 1 tsp
    Spices - Pepper, black, 0.5 tsp
    Generic - Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes, pinch

Servings: About 16 (This makes ALOT)
    Per Serving: Calories: 69
    Carbohydrates: 2
    Fat: 7
    Protein: 1

Finely chop your parsley and cilantro, all but 1 inch of the stems (Trim from the bottom)...

Directions: Take all of your ingredients except the cilantro and parsley..... and place in a blender... Puree to the point it gets nice and liquidy...

Take half of your cilantro and half of your parsley, and place in blender and puree until a fine sauce is made.

In a bowl, mix your puree with the finely chopped herbs... mix thoroughly...

Its up to you if you want to puree the whole batch, but I prefer a half-to-half batch because I like the toothy texture... and this makes one sexy steak dinner!!!! Goes very well with Tilapia and Salmon too!
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    quick snacks:

roast beef or turkey, avocado, any toppings wrapped in lettuce. If I don't feel like making a trip to the store I'll just drive thru Arby's for roast beef and toss the bun.

Also quick- frozen meatballs (check carbs- Rossani's are pretty low) in Ragu no sugar added sauce and cheese.

I also make a killer crustless pizza quiche. Add cream cheese to it to make it rich and creamy (it's ok if the cc is still lumpy it will melt and incorporate when you bake). I use about 6-7 eggs, garlic salt, feta, cream cheese, shredded zucchini, and pepperoni and tomato on top. oh and cheese of course. bake uncovered for about 40 min on 350. more or less depending on your oven.

Love to cook chicken in the crock pot with a little chicken stock, take out, trim, and then put it in the food processor to get it really fine, add some mayo, dill weed if desired, chopped celery really fine,s&p, and chopped almonds. You can add whatever else you like: grapes, walnuts, onions etc.

Pickled eggs. 1 can of pickled beets (make sure they say pickled or else you will have to add vinegar and splenda), hard boiled eggs, soak in a container in the fridge overnight or as long as you can.

I'm also making crab stuffed mushrooms this week. http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-crab-stuffed-mushrooms-94656

picobgSCz.jpg
  • INRBM
    INRBM Posts: 4
    Options
    So today I went for lunch with a friend, & panicked over the menus when we walked in. Paninis, bagels, baked potatoes, cakes, pastries. I triumphed in the end, having the scrambled egg & smoked salmon bagel, minus the bagel & with some fresh spinach. They had some amazing sounding sandwich fillings, so I reckon I'll go back there armed with a low carb wrap & ask them to fill & grill it for me.

Has anyone else done that before? I was very paranoid at first about asking for a burger without a bun, or if the coleslaw had any sugar in, but people are actually really helpful so I guess wouldn't mind preparing something in a wrap I bring. The more I eat out without encountering problems, the more I think low carb eating will be long term sustainable for me.
  • cramernh
    Options
    Last night I made homemade Yakinku nad Tsukumono - japanese grilled meats and veggies... George got a heaping bowl of garlic noodles to go with his..

The tsukumono is japanese preserved vegetables... those I made last night and should be ready tonight...
  • cramernh
    Options
    So today I went for lunch with a friend, & panicked over the menus when we walked in.

Has anyone else done that before? I was very paranoid at first about asking for a burger without a bun, or if the coleslaw had any sugar in, but people are actually really helpful so I guess wouldn't mind preparing something in a wrap I bring. The more I eat out without encountering problems, the more I think low carb eating will be long term sustainable for me.

No, Ive never panicked over this because restaurants regardless of being a chain or not, are required to disclose ingredients if in the event the dish has a potential allergen.

I only focus on restaurants where they make everything from scratch and homemade that way its easier to know exactly what is in the food. The people tend to care more as well (with rare exceptions) and will make sure when they arent sure.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Tonight is burger night!

I have a pack of 0g carb 100% beef quarter pounders, and am having it with smoked bacon, cheese, yellow mustard, and a chopped dill pickle spear on a bed of lettuce.

Super low carb- but a nice 'naughty' meal.

I'm also going to try a chocolate 'MIM' (Muffin in a minute) for the first time ever. I've been craving cake so hopefully this will satisfy that craving.