cruising along

Options
Newkell
Newkell Posts: 379 Member
I completed the attack phase with a weight loss of 13 pounds. not a bad way to jump start a diet. I need to lose around 100 pounds. In his book I read that peole who are "resistant" to losing weight can alternate in the cruise phase 5 days PP and five days PP+V which is what I decided to do. It also makes grocery shopping a little easier for me too. I lost an additional 3 pounds in the last five days doing it this way. I admit it should have or could have been more because my weight went up a few pounds due to some poor choices on my part and had to come back down.

What I have learned so far at least for me, drinking water is very key. When I drink water , I lose weight. That simple. This isn't a hard diet to follow but it needs to be followed for maximum results. I know that if I follow this correctly and get over the "little cheats" I can lose a substantial amount of weight by my 50th birthday in september. That's my goal. For now I am just crusing along.....

Replies

• janebink
    janebink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good for you Newkell - you've done really well! I had similar (but not quite as good) results when I started with Dukan last March. I had an operation in June and was off my feet for 12 weeks so that put me back a bit - I lost the 13lbs that I'd put on quite easily though and then plateaued for a while but to be honest I'm fine with that as I think its more likely to stay off if you can consolidate the weight for a while.
    I totally agree with you about the water - its vital! I actually drink sugar free squash sometimes too when it gets boring. Also the fat free yoghurt has been a lifesaver for me - I've sometimes eaten 5 in one day when I've been craving for something sweet and still managed lose!
    Have you tried their low fat cocoa? I have that in the evening sometimes with skimmed milk and also the chews that help with constipation I find good.
    Anyway - I'm now combining the Dukan with myfitnesspal so hopefully I will be as successful as you!!!!

Regards
    Janebink
  • janebink
    Options
    Been for my first weigh-in at the doctors this morning and have stayed at 95kg! Actually this means that I've lost whatever I put on at Christmas last week but it makes me look good with the diet nurse!!!
  • appleshack
    Options
    I completed the attack phase with a weight loss of 13 pounds. not a bad way to jump start a diet. I need to lose around 100 pounds. In his book I read that peole who are "resistant" to losing weight can alternate in the cruise phase 5 days PP and five days PP+V which is what I decided to do. It also makes grocery shopping a little easier for me too. I lost an additional 3 pounds in the last five days doing it this way. I admit it should have or could have been more because my weight went up a few pounds due to some poor choices on my part and had to come back down.

What I have learned so far at least for me, drinking water is very key. When I drink water , I lose weight. That simple. This isn't a hard diet to follow but it needs to be followed for maximum results. I know that if I follow this correctly and get over the "little cheats" I can lose a substantial amount of weight by my 50th birthday in september. That's my goal. For now I am just crusing along.....
    Hi Newkell,

You are doing so well. You may have another 100lbs to lose but you look great for someone that is about to turn 50!!!

I am also on the cruise phase now and find it difficult to stay off the scale. On the attack phase you could see a daily loss, now with the cruise phase I don't. I decided to only weigh once a week now instead of daily.

My cruise phase for the next 30 days I decided should be 1day PP and 1day PV. After that and for the next "300 days" will be 3 and 3.

I'm a bit shy(actually lazy) to excercise. How is your excersize plan?
  • appleshack
    Options
    Well done Janebink! I am sure you have definitely lost weight without you knowing how much. It's shocking how much weight we put on over Christmas.
  • janebink
    Options
    Hi Appleshack - thanks for your message.
    Yes I definitely had put quite a lot on - I could feel it! Anyway I'm actually glad to get onto Dukan again - can you believe that!?
    I just find it the most convenient diet I've ever tried - it's a bit expensive though so when Im cooking for everyone also I do have a few carbs - had some wholewheat pasta last night! I get weighed every Tuesday though so I've got time to make up for that - Hopefully

Janebink
  • Newkell
    Options
    appleshack,

exercise is still a bit of a challenge. I try to do the 20 minutes of walking as he has perscribed but it has been cold lately and I can't bring myself to do it. My dog is disappointed about that. The weather will change and I will get back out there. Normally three times a week I go to koko fit and lift weights. My biggest challenge is finding the time. I suppose I should start late night walking because that is when I have more time available

Janebink,

Keep it up. It sounds like you are doing very well. I agree the weight doesn't quite fall off as fast but it is still very encouraging.

Ladies, we can do this!
  • appleshack
    Options
    Absolutely agreed. This is the most convenient diet for me and easy to stick to. I live on my own so it is much easier for me to stick to the plan as I only have to cook for me.

What I love most about this diet is the fact that I have not once had a craving for anything sugary and I am a big sweet tooth. I blame my obesity on sugar. Overall I am not a big eater, but I used to easily finish a big slab of chocolate in one sitting.

Thats all gone now. I am just about to go to gym in the next hour. First time this week that I will be doing some exercise. It just has to be done. What is a thin body without a healthy :heart: ?
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies :bigsmile: At last ive lost my 12lb Christmas weight doing a slightly modified attack phase
    back in November 26th i was 264lb when a bought of flu caught me then i switched off for Christmas and weighed 276 on 27th December

This morning im back at 264 (yay:bigsmile: ) so im back on track ..................im doing some carbs as ive been struggling at the gym but trying to keep them for the morning / afternoon ...........hoping now to see my ticker moving :bigsmile:
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I just found this group, and I would love to get to know you all! I have been following Dukan since July, 2011. I have lost 55 pounds so far, and have 20 to go. I love this program, it really, really works!! Can't wait to connect with you all.

Christine
  • janebink
    Options
    Hello All!

This is getting to be a great group! We're all doing so well!!!! :happy:

I was cleaning my dining room this morning and found a Lindt chocolate Santa that someone had forgotten about from Christmas -danger!
    I only ate a third of it - and I've added it to my daily food list. I also spent an extra hour on really hard cleaning up to make up for it! Don't all shouter at me too much eh:blushing:

Welcome Bittybooh you're doing fantastically well - you must feel great
    Hello Paul nice to meet you - you've done brilliantly to get that off so quirky :flowerforyou:
    Hey there Appleshack - you've got better willpower than me! I will do my best to resist the rest of the Santa though! :devil:
    Hi Newkell - Do you enter in things like cleaning and shopping - they all go towards your calorie burn up!

I'm off now folks speak to you all soon.
    Keep on Dukaning!!!!
  • janebink
    Options
    ooops just noticed my spelling mistakes - I've got a new keyboard - that's my excuse anyway:embarassed:
  • appleshack
    Options
    Good morning(at least it is for me, being at the bottom of the earth) to all you wonderful peeps!

Let me just say, how encouraging it is to read about your progresses, Lindt chocolates or not! (Giving you the eye now Jane :huh:)

Regardless of whether we have adapted Dukan diets, a little slip up, a bit lazy to go to gym lifestyles, we still have an end-goal in place and we are working towards it.

It is by far a better choice, than to sit back and wallow in feeling fat, ugly, insecure and/or disappointed in ourselves.

I went to gym yesterday for a workout. Man, I was not in the mood for that!! The entrance to the gym is right next door to my office building and that pesky gym trainer that originally signed me on, have been on my case for weeks now. She made an appointment with me and I had no choice but to go.

The reality of it all is, it is a struggle and an annoyance for me to go, but once I am there, I actually don't mind working hard, and I feel great afterwards.

Now, I want to know from any of you gals, what is it that makes us so resistant to walk through those doors where our bodies can be transformed into beautiful, fit and healthy vessels and that we end up enjoying anyway?

Have a great, healthy and positive day! :flowerforyou:
  • janebink
    Options
    Morning Appleshack

First the bad news - I finished the chocolate Santa off last night :embarassed:
    I had added him to my food list though and still saved within my limits - it will be interesting to see if he stops me losing this week. At least I've got another 11 months before he turns up again!
    Well done you for going to the Gym! My son has just rejoined and keeps trying to get me to join again. I actually would like to but can't seem to make myself take that initial step - even though I actually enjoy going.
    I've got this theory that one of the reasons that some people tend to be over weight and others don't is that some of us have been programmed to think about everyone else before ourselves.
    My brain keeps putting these barriers in front of me that all include doing things for other people instead of going to the Gym which would be for myself - know what I mean?
    I am definitely going to do it but can't allow myself yet - maybe when I've lost a bit more weight I will - bonkers isn't it :huh:
    Anyway keep it up - you will look like a goddess before you know it!!!!

Janebink
  • Newkell
    Options
    You all are doing so great!

I admit I have minor cheats here and there but not enough to ruin a diet. Or at least I don't think so. My motivation is, I know this works and I can actually achieve something here. I don't log excercise and have not logged food either for that matter. I work out at koko fit and at the end of the session the computer tells me how much I have burned. today it was 199 calories. I have done quite well today and as of this moment I have stuck to the plan. I get excited when I hear how well you all are doing and the successes that you have. Keep it up!

Welcome to Christine and Paul. I can't wait to hit the 50 pound off mark!

Let's do this together!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am so glad I found this group. I did attack for 5 days and lost 2.8 kg. So now I'm on the cruise phase. Have been doing okay with the food and am doing the 1 PP 1 PV rhythm. So far so good. My total loss so far is 4.5kg yay!
    I don't do the walk every day.. just when I can. But I do a work out DVD 6 days a week, rest on Saturday and Yoga DVD on Sundays. Its easier to do a DVD than get out of the house sometimes.
  • appleshack
    Options
    Hi Zacsmama and hey to all the others.

I've been a bit quiet this week. You wanna know why, coz, I kinda cheated on cruising along. Ok, not kinda, I have compromised certain days.

What a load of nonsense compromising is! Today, I woke up and thought, this would be my last day of compromise as I have yet another business lunch to go to. Well, everyday last week, I told myself that today will be my last day of compromise!

No more compromising! I am going to the business lunch and I AM going to order the smoked salmon with no sauce or sides(fortunately I know the menu of where we are going)

It is so easy to fall into that 'rutt' of "I will order the skinny mocha instead, afterall I used to have the full cream mocha with two marshmallows before I started the Dukan".

If the Dukan diet says NO SKINNY MOCHA, then thats exactly what you should do. DO NOT HAVE THAT SKINNY MOCHA! It's your rebellious brain trying to trick you into returning to that comfortable hellhole we all refer to as OBESITY!

Everyday will be my first day of the Dukan diet. Not the sixth day, not the 2nd month, but the very first day, whether it is a PP or a PV day.

Have an awesome week and you are all doing well :wink:
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude to have appleshack. Everyone 'comprimises' I'm sure. You just have to pick yourself back up and do it!
    I went to a birthday party yesterday and it was very tempting to have the party food and sparkles, but I didn't. I just stuck to my water. It was hard with everyone eating in front of me and asking why I wasn't eating, But I was really pleased I held off till I got home.
    It will be worth it!!!
  • appleshack
    Options
    Absolutely!!

That feeling of "want" only lasts while the temptation is in front of us and in our line of vision.

I went to the business lunch and had a glass of water with my raw beef, spinach and tomato salad. My collegues were so impressed with my self-control and what did I feel when I got back to the office?...Yeah thats right, satisfaction!!

Well done for resisting the party food temptation!!
  • janebink
    Options
    Excellent Appleshack!

After a real struggle during the last couple of weeks I had a really successful day yesterday. I went to a business meeting like you and there was a buffet lunch - DANGER I picked four of the sandwiches and - get this! - emptied out the fillings and threw away the bread - How good is that! It's weigh day today at the doctors so I will let you all know how I got on when I get back.

Janebink
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job with holding back ladies! I have been telling myself that I have come so far, do I really want to set myself back for that 'one little taste'?? The weather here today is beautiful, I was able to get outside for a REALLY muddy walk, but it was well worth it. The dog even got a bath out of it! :tongue:
    Have a great week ladies and gents, hope to see you all sometime soon. :happy: