I need some snack ideas with good protein

Options
ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
I'm doing well with eating lean meats, etc. with my meals to up my protein, but I need some snack ideas.

So far my snack foods have mostly been: almonds, string cheese, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds. I usually have a protein powder shake with my breakfast. Breakfast also usually includes an egg. I'd eat more eggs in a day but that sends me flying over the cholesterol recommendations - is that OK? Because I'd happily eat a hard-boiled egg for a snack.I did buy some celery and am going to have that with peanut butter for my afternoon snack today.

This week I've been trying hard to up my protein (it had been around 17-19%) and I've gotten it up to about 23-26% which is a big improvement. I've also lowered my carb intake from 51-54% to about 42-45%.

Replies

• jenb1214
    Options
    try egg whites. they are great protein and much less cholesterol than a whole egg. even if you use 1 whole egg and a couple egg whites. they are lower calories. I actually buy the carton of egg whites and make a version of huevos rancheros with them in the morning for breakfast.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    0% fat cottage cheese (available in individual cups) and greek yogurt (up to 18% protein!)
    Also, quinoa is a very high source of protein and can be cooked as a breakfast cereal or added to salads and stirfrys.
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of Greek yogurts with high carbs, but Fage has only about 7-9 grams of carbs and is super high in protein!
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    I bought some Fage yogurt yesterday. Also bought some dry roasted edamame. I'm not a cottage cheese fan. I like regular cheese though.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I mix one egg whole egg with some egg whites from the carton. If you don't have a problem with cholesteral then I don't know if it's a problem. You could do hard boiled eggs and use only part of the yoke.
    I have celery and peanut butter, actually, almond butter.
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Oh, I did just buy celery and we always have peanut butter. I think that will be my afternoon snack!