anyone else??

Options
Megdonald1
Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
I cannot believe it! Today is my weigh in day and I GAINED a pound. I have been working super hard at the gym 5 days a week, keeping my calories around 1200, AND doing stuff with my boys when we all get home. I don't understand :(. I actually wanted to cry when I left the gym today!!

Has ANYONE else had this happen?

I have been going to the gym now for a bit over a month (Nov. 29th) and pretty consistent with weight loss (two pounds a week) until now. I just don't know what happened.

Replies

• Miztif
    Miztif Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did you lose any inches??
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I didn't measure that. I think it might be have been a 'woman' thing cuz that happened this morning. I don't know if that usually happens each month. guess I'll see next month. LOL
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    well i heard by someone never to weigh yourself after working out , for some reason you will always weigh more, so try that out tomorrow for our weigh in if you cant dont be upset keep pushing .
  • Miztif
    Miztif Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I didn't measure that. I think it might be have been a 'woman' thing cuz that happened this morning. I don't know if that usually happens each month. guess I'll see next month. LOL
    [/quote

Yeah, it is normal for that to happen monthly.
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    After you work out your muscles retain water while they repair themselves. You also probably have retained some water due to PMS. It should come right off in a week or so. Some people also suggesst increasing your calorie goal by 100 if you go for a while without a loss. It confuses your metabolism and causes it to ramp up.
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One week I weighed in, after a particularly fantastic week of doing everything right-- and the damn thing said I'd gained SEVEN lbs!!
    I asked the trainer working with my derby team and he said it's not possible to gain THAT much in just one week. Not in real weight, anyway.
    I had just started that day, too.

But, boy was I pissed off!!
  • You're definitely not the only one who wants to cry after receiving bad news from the scale, either.
    In fact, you could join the people who have actually shed tears over it. That would be me.

Don't sweat it; you're doing everything right. Keep on keeping on!