Logging level two

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
Hey all! First of all congrats on making it this far in the shred! We rule! :happy:

I'm only on L1D8 right now (taking one rest day a week and I had to take another rest day because I have a head cold), but I know some of you are already on level 2 so maybe you can help. I'm wondering if we should log level 2 differently in MFP than level 1? (For those of us who don't have a HRM). I've been logging level 1 as 20 minutes of circuit training, and now it's easier for me so I'm only going to log it as 15 minutes of circuit training for the next two days. However, I've heard from people with HRMs that level 2 burns more calories than level 1, so should we log more time once we start level 2? What about level 3? Even more time, or the same as level 2?

All these problems would be solved if I had a HRM, but alas, they are expensive and I'm a beyond broke college kid. What are your thoughts? I'd especially like to hear from those of you who do have HRMs and can compare it to the MFP estimates. Thanks everybody!

Replies

• deporee
    deporee Posts: 59
    Options
    Very good question! I should probably invest in an HRM. Hope someone answers as I am starting level 2 tomorrow and this would be good to know.
  • 1stampermom
    1stampermom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    According to my HRM, I averaged about 165 for level 1. Today was my first day at level 2 - and I burned 200 calories doing almost all of the workout.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Great question, I will be watching the thread for more answers. I am planning on getting a HRM soon.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    i have a hrm but it dont tell me how many calories i burn...booo....just the heart rate and how many steps i take for the day...i wouod love to know how to calculate my HR to calories burned...
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I got the $25 Pyle HRM from Amazon...though I'm sort of skeptical of whether or not it is accurate...I wish I knew for certain. Anyways, for level one, I averaged about 260 something, but for level 2 today, it said I burned 350! HUGE difference! I sure hope it is accurate, since I normally eat my exercise calories. My HRM also does a stop watch at the same time it counts the calories, and it's saying the workout is about 26 minutes long - it did for level 1 as well...so Jillian is lying when she says it's only 20 minutes! :laugh:
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM...I burned more in 2 than I did in 1.